PDA

View Full Version : New Sub Forum....

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 4:27 PM
Seems like we need to make some room....

pmwasson
Apr 16, '13, 4:29 PM
They deserve it after today's announcement!

GordoCrisp
Apr 16, '13, 4:32 PM
I am correct that no Figures rep visits or posts on this forum?

Meule
Apr 16, '13, 4:34 PM
With everything they've announced today they certainly deserve it.

David Lee
Apr 16, '13, 4:55 PM
Classy...

Toyman_Chris
Apr 16, '13, 5:00 PM
I agree. Glad to see it!

wayne foundation 07
Apr 16, '13, 5:13 PM
Cool move! Lets make them feel welcome

johnmiic
Apr 16, '13, 5:37 PM
I am correct that no Figures rep visits or posts on this forum?

So far no one from that Co. has ever identified themselves and posted here, that I can recall. Tho if you read some prior posts about Mattel Retro-Action you can see why.

They seem to have been reading the forums because the Batman `66 figures are what people here have been pining for over the years. Whether that will translate into mass-market, sustainable sales, remains to be seen.

pmwasson
Apr 16, '13, 6:17 PM
It takes a pretty thick skin to post here and deal with all the criticism and nit-picking. I think the fact the Paul and Jason are so level headed is amazing. However, I'm sure CTVT reads the forums so our voices are still heard.

JediJaida
Apr 16, '13, 6:19 PM
We can always use another sub forum.

Welcome aboard guys!

GordoCrisp
Apr 16, '13, 6:20 PM
Cool move! Lets make them feel welcome

Agreed.

It is smart business as well, methinks.

Hedji
Apr 16, '13, 6:22 PM
They have lots of contact information at their site. Perhaps an invite to this new sub forum is in order. This really feels monumental... A new era.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 16, '13, 7:46 PM
Glad to see these guys get this. They really deserve it.

Figuremod73
Apr 16, '13, 7:52 PM
I'm hoping for good reviews when the figs become available.

The Conan is looking promising.

fallensaviour
Apr 16, '13, 11:04 PM
Excellent idea and well deserved.

fallensaviour
Apr 16, '13, 11:07 PM
The Tarazan prototype looks of the rivet variety(type 1) and the write up describes it as exact replica of mego original Tarazan.
I am a type 2 man myself; however' alot of people here prefer the one's so this is gearing up for a very interesting summer!!!
http://figurestoycompany.com/tarzanactionfigures.aspx

cjefferys
Apr 16, '13, 11:42 PM
I'm guessing the "prototype" Tarzan pictured is an actual Mego T1 Tarzan. I'd be very surprised if they end up making a repro of the T1 body. A vintage T1 Tarzan was probably just easier to track down for photos than a T2 one.

rche
Apr 17, '13, 12:46 AM
Much easier to track down. Not a lot of t2 tarzans out there. Tho they could have just put the head and costume onto one of their bodies and saved some confusion. I'd go with it was easier to photograph a vintage mego and call it a prototype

fallensaviour
Apr 17, '13, 3:02 AM
Tho they could have just put the head and costume onto one of their bodies and saved some confusion. I'd go with it was easier to photograph a vintage mego and call it a prototype

This is what I was thinking as well but it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

HardyGirl
Apr 17, '13, 10:01 AM
Great! We'll see Figures news here first! So much easier than re-Mego. And w/ all the new stuff coming out, they really deserve it!

drmego
Apr 17, '13, 10:17 AM
If you can't take some criticism, you shouldn't be making products. Trust me, sometimes it's hard not to rage
at some thoughtless comment, but in the long run, it's just counter productive.

It takes a pretty thick skin to post here and deal with all the criticism and nit-picking. I think the fact the Paul and Jason are so level headed is amazing. However, I'm sure CTVT reads the forums so our voices are still heard.