X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Figures Toy Co. announces new licenses!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Figures Toy Company set to Release Retro 8 and 12 inch Action Figures based on Batman TV Series, Retro Batman, Dukes of Hazzard, Evel Knievel, Conan The Barbarian, Tarzan, Dallas TV Series, Gilligan’s Island and a Talking Barack Obama figure

Tampa, Fl- 4-16-13 Figures Toy Company, after having success with KISS action figures, is proud to be introducing the following new action figure lines: “Batman 1966 Classic TV Series”, “Retro 8 Inch Batman”, “Dukes of Hazzard”, “Evel Knievel”, “Conan The Barbarian”, “Tarzan”, “Dallas TV Series” and “Gilligan’s Island”. These figures will have removable cloth clothing, 16 points of articulation and accessories. Figures Toy Company will also introduce a talking Barack Obama 7 inch figure. Batman 1966 Classic TV Series CFO Anthony Balasco states, “It has been my understanding that the collectors community would enjoy collecting retro 8 inch and 12 inch action figures based on the “Batman 1966 Classic TV Series. When we saw that the rights were settled between the involved parties we immediately became interested in acquiring the license.” We are proud to say that the collectors will be able to enjoy a vast selection of characters that have never been available before. Our head [...]

More...
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Apr 16, '13, 3:26 PM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Damn, that's impressive.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

bring on the batman 66!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yowza. This is unprecedented.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Wow, that's something. If they do Conan and Tarzan enemies, I'll be through the roof. Those are the only 2 that I don't have enemies for. Now, I'm pretty darn excited.
          Last edited by Goblin19; Apr 16, '13, 3:36 PM.

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Holy Guacamole! That's bigger than I ever expected! Huge even... crazy I tell ya! Crazy!
            As my Pops would say? 'em boys came to play....

Dave

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I knew about Conan, but I had no idea there were other REH properties included. Who would have ever thought a licensed Mego Kull would happen?

The 66 Batman stuff is OK too:-)

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

I'll believe these get made when I see them. There is some MAJOR coinage for this kind of effort, and so many licenses announced all at once. I'm hoping it works big time, and I'll be lining up to get some of these, but I'm skeptical.

Oh and Dallas? Really? And Gilligan's Island? That smacks of the ill fated Happy Days line to me. But the other lines have legs. But wow the cost.

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

Series 1 will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include The Penguin, Catwoman, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Egghead, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Shame, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, Batman (with removable cowl), Robin (with removable mask), The Joker in prison baseball outfit, The Joker in opera outfit, & The Joker in grey suit. All Batman 1966 Classic TV Series figures will be available in both 8 inch & 12 inch starting early Fall 2013.

This is a dizzying announcement. The could have stopped there. I'm hoping they can manage all of it. It's hard enough to get the quality right on a set of 4 figures, right? But all of these figures....plus EIGHT other lines....in multiple scales? Ambitious doesn't begin to describe it.
                  This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

http://figurestoycompany.com/retroba...esseries1.aspx

Secret identities! Removable cowl! Batgirl! My mind is reeling!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

holy announcements Batman. that is huge. I really hope they can pull it off and get the body issues corrected for it. Dallas and Gilligan are odd choices though

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by MegoScott
                        Series 1 will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include The Penguin, Catwoman, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Egghead, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Shame, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, Batman (with removable cowl), Robin (with removable mask), The Joker in prison baseball outfit, The Joker in opera outfit, & The Joker in grey suit. All Batman 1966 Classic TV Series figures will be available in both 8 inch & 12 inch starting early Fall 2013.

This is a dizzying announcement. The could have stopped there. I'm hoping they can manage all of it. It's hard enough to get the quality right on a set of 4 figures, right? But all of these figures....plus EIGHT other lines....in multiple scales? Ambitious doesn't begin to describe it.
                        But it says some are 8" only while others are 12" only. So they may be able to pull it off.

Comment

• David Lee
                          The Fix-it-up Chappie
                          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          . Dallas and Gilligan are odd choices though
                          Right? After I saw those...that's when my brain auto corrected and said " Oh yeah it's classic TV Toys"

Goofy stuff aside, this is huge, and fantastic news for MEGO collectors and customizers... they still need to work on quality, and get some distribution (not an easy task since they burned all of their distributors first go 'round), but if they can pull it off it will be the most any one 8 inch retro company has EVER done... include all of their other lines? and it dwarfs MEGO by a mile.

Dave
                          Last edited by David Lee; Apr 16, '13, 4:11 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

That is freakin' wild! Well I'm very anxious to see how these figures look. Very ambitious and very cool. After today's events, this has my full attention.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                              That 80's guy
                              • Jul 27, 2011

This is awesome. I'm really looking forward to Conan and the other R.E.H. characters.

I hope this works out for both them and us!

Is the price tag on there anywhere. (looking)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎