PDA

View Full Version : 8" retro batman figures coming soon?

Pages : [1] 2

garfoot
Apr 12, '13, 5:31 PM
I found this on toynewsi.com

Figures Toy Company presents the first series in their new line of "World's Greatest Heroes!" featuring classic Batman characters! Each new 8-inch action figure is an exact replica of its original '70s counterpart, right down to the cloth clothing and retro-styling. With 16 points of articulation, you can pose them in any heroic position! Choose from: Batman, Robin, The Joker, or The Riddler. Each figure comes in a reusable plastic protective case with full-color backing card.

thunderbolt
Apr 12, '13, 5:34 PM
CTVT Repro figures??

thunderbolt
Apr 12, '13, 5:37 PM
the article
http://toynewsi.com//news.php?itemid=20276

JediJaida
Apr 12, '13, 5:54 PM
If this is true....I repeat, IF! Then I will be all over it like red beans on white rice.

I just hope that there are no issues with squishy, oversized heads, and crummily made accessories.

Hopefully, we will get Batgirl out of it eventually.

Just for giggles, I will be picking up a Riddler figure.

Iron Mego
Apr 12, '13, 6:08 PM
What the huh? How did this happen?

skid14
Apr 12, '13, 6:10 PM
hopefully this will turn out good.......crossing fingers

Iron Mego
Apr 12, '13, 6:12 PM
I can see myself stocking up on these as gifts for all my friends' kids.

BATMAN89
Apr 12, '13, 6:44 PM
What the huh? How did this happen?
^What he said!^

boss
Apr 12, '13, 6:45 PM
they obviously used real megos in their pictures. I'll wait and see what theirs really look like. A little got lost in the translation (in size, too) during their earlier attempts.

Here's hoping for the best.

BATMAN89
Apr 12, '13, 6:46 PM
After my initial disbelief, I'm sitting here thinking that Dr. Mego should be making these! WTH?
He deserves the opportunity! He kept Megos alive all these years!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BATMAN89
Apr 12, '13, 6:49 PM
they obviously used real megos in their pictures.
But the suits are loose just like if they were on original CTVT bodies.

The joints on Robin's knees look to me like CTVT.

Figuremod73
Apr 12, '13, 7:04 PM
I'm a little skeptical about this because its not on Figures Inc. website.
I think its a wait and see, but it would be interesting to see what it leads to if it is true.

I agree that Doc really should be the one getting to do this.

The Toyroom
Apr 12, '13, 7:06 PM
Whoa...this could be a big game changer....

mego73
Apr 12, '13, 7:06 PM
Joker's hair is a brighter green too and Joket's jacket a bright blue.

But the suits are loose just like if they were on original CTVT bodies.

The joints on Robin's knees look to me like CTVT.

Figuremod73
Apr 12, '13, 7:07 PM
With this company there will be still quality issues :(

Edit: it would be fantastic for parts though

EMCE Hammer
Apr 12, '13, 7:13 PM
I think the suits are original, the colors are all off because they had to do something to make Joker's hands show against the white background.

I have to wonder if someone didn't let the cat out of the bag early. They usually post to their sites first.

David Lee
Apr 12, '13, 7:14 PM
Dang.... that's huge! If this is for real it's a game changer... They gotta work out the quality issues, but if DC rides hard on that? It should be super successfull!

Dave

Iron Mego
Apr 12, '13, 7:16 PM
I'm really happy about this, but I foresee it becoming a divisive issue here. I hope it doesn't though.

noelani72
Apr 12, '13, 7:23 PM
When I first saw EMCEs Trek figs, I hoped for WGSH done in the same fashion...instead, Mattel went a different direction.
While I'd rather EMCE been behind these figs...this is really be interesting.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 12, '13, 7:25 PM
Looks like our second chance at retro DC guys. Let's hope Figures/CTVT can get it right and make Mattel ashamed of themselves.

Zemo
Apr 12, '13, 7:29 PM
Dang.... that's huge! If this is for real it's a game changer... They gotta work out the quality issues, but if DC rides hard on that? It should be super successfull!

Dave

Ditto!!! Congrats!!!

Figuremod73
Apr 12, '13, 7:38 PM
Putting my worries aside, i wouldnt mind one of those Jokers and Riddlers and hopefully a Batgirl will be in the future.

alex
Apr 12, '13, 7:43 PM
Great stuff to give to the kids, instead of beater originals. Cant really see the collector side, hopefully prices on originals will go down ;)

thunderbolt
Apr 12, '13, 7:45 PM
be really cool if they fix the scale issues with Robin and the Titans. I imagine the Titans will be done too, since most of the work for them is already done at CTVT.

JediJaida
Apr 12, '13, 7:45 PM
As long as the girl bodies are made of better material than what they have on offer, I will probably buy a Batgirl. IF they make her!!!!

I really, really, REALLY hate to be a downer here, but with the issues that CTVT/Figures Toys has had in the past with their stuff, it might be a good idea to simply keep an eye out, hope for the best and plan for the worst.

I'm just sorry that Doc isn't making these; if he were we KNOW we'd get a good product, with no issues of any kind (except the too tight stringing of the gals, but that can be fixed.)

And if the figures themselves are poo-poo, we can pop off the heads, strip off the outfits and put them on better bodies.

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '13, 7:49 PM
^ I was thinking the same thing.

Their previous attemps at re-mego have been mostly shoddy. I can't quite wrap my head around how they might have secured licensing.

jayraytee
Apr 12, '13, 7:49 PM
I'd rather it was Doc Mego as well, CTVT's quality has just been so bad I have not bought anything of theirs since they reissued the Mego Knights. I even passed on the Kiss figures because of the quality issues with the knights. I would love to see these made, but I gotta say I won't buy them if the quality is poor.

garfoot
Apr 12, '13, 7:52 PM
Does anyone own any of the KISS figures buy this company? Just wondering about quality of their products. I hope this does turn out to be a reality because I would get all of these. I liked the mattel ones, but I would love ones that were exact replicas of the 1970's versions. These would look good next to my SMDM and upcoming BBT figures.

Brown Bear
Apr 12, '13, 7:53 PM
Wow....just wow. I'll believe it when I see it.

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '13, 7:55 PM
Has anyone ordered the new TT-inspired offerings? How is the quality?

Figuremod73
Apr 12, '13, 7:58 PM
I gotta admit i'm digging the excitement from the forum (and myself) Hope this goes well if it IS true.

sprytel
Apr 12, '13, 8:09 PM
Interesting development. But I'm confused. Wouldn't Mattel still hold the rights here to any Batman figures?

Mikey
Apr 12, '13, 8:18 PM
I dont see any pictures

did they take them down ?

boss
Apr 12, '13, 8:25 PM
nope. your interwebs are broke.

garfoot
Apr 12, '13, 8:30 PM
I just checked their website and facebook page and no news on these figures. This had to be leak by someone. I am excited but I also know that their sister website is classictvtoys and the figures I bought before from them were the Happy Days, Brady Bunch, and Space 1999, and to be honest were very low quality. I mean they were selling these things for like $5 each. I don't have their new Kiss figures so I don't know if their quality has improved over the years. I can't belive that DC would let such a substandard figure be made of their heroes.

Mikey
Apr 12, '13, 8:34 PM
nope. your interwebs are broke.

That's what my doc told me when I said I have trouble peeing

HardyGirl
Apr 12, '13, 8:34 PM
Now this is exciting! And I wish it was Doc making these too, but hey, it's better than nothing. I would buy these before the 60s molded plastic 6" Batman figures. And like everyone said, we can always trade out the bodies, if they're slipshod quality.

Teemu
Apr 12, '13, 9:07 PM
getting these would be great! now bring on retro 8" Marvel figures (Thor,Captain America,Conan etc)

Saroyan
Apr 12, '13, 9:30 PM
Looks like our second chance at retro DC guys. Let's hope Figures/CTVT can get it right and make Mattel ashamed of themselves.

THAT could never happen! Mattel has NO shame!!!!!

Saroyan
Apr 12, '13, 9:33 PM
Someone has to have the inside scoop on this story.

VintageMike
Apr 12, '13, 9:44 PM
My only guess, (if this is all legit) is that they paid Mattel for the rights to do them. Everyone wins, since Mattel gets $ but doesn't have to invest any money themselves into doing something they aren't interested in. I'll be most interested if they do a line extension, even if it's just Batman as there would tons of characters to mine. My "dream" for this line would be to ultimately give us characters we haven't been given by Mego or Mattel-Retro action thus far.

ScottA
Apr 12, '13, 10:00 PM
I wonder if this means new characters as well?

Wise4671
Apr 12, '13, 10:09 PM
All I know is if this is real I know what my kids and nephews are getting for Christmas this year :-)

David Lee
Apr 12, '13, 10:17 PM
. I can't quite wrap my head around how they might have secured licensing.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And you thought the KISS license was expensive?

Dave

Meule
Apr 12, '13, 10:45 PM
Wow, didn't see that one coming. If they can fix all the quality issues from the past this could be HUGE.
Having said that, I hope they mark all the parts, so we can immediately tell if a boot or glove is repro or not.

Mego Milk
Apr 12, '13, 10:49 PM
Holy Cow!

pmwasson
Apr 12, '13, 10:53 PM
Very interesting. I wonder if this came out of the new Batman 66 licensing?

pmwasson
Apr 12, '13, 10:54 PM
If they do Catwoman, I hope it is the Batman 66 costume and not the Mego one.

megomania
Apr 12, '13, 11:18 PM
Cool news, if legit and I'd be all over them. However they really need to do away with the ridiculous packaging they rolled out with the Kiss figures.

-Chris

hedrap
Apr 12, '13, 11:29 PM
Yeah. This has to be considered an offshoot of the '66 license.

Otherwise, wouldn't they want to release a Superman with Man if Steel coming out?

Wise4671
Apr 12, '13, 11:30 PM
There not even out yet and already some are looking for them to tweek or redo something in the original post they said "Each new 8-inch action figure is an exact replica of its original '70s counterpart, right down to the cloth clothing and retro-styling" And I hope they stay true to it. No tweeking, changing, No anything. These were awesome enough for us as kids (and also the reason alot of us are here) Why do they need to be changed? I showed my kids and the first thing they said is I want them and AHHHHH Cool.

SeattleEd
Apr 12, '13, 11:36 PM
These do not look like Megos to me. They could be DM products or the CTVT products. Looking at Robin's sleeves and shorts, something about them look different. Also, the baggy Riddler outfit.

Definitely interesting news. Looks like CTVT or Figures Toy Company will become the new Mego.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Figure_Toy_Company/Retro_Batman/8_Inch_Reto_Batman__scaled_600.jpg

Mego-Amigo
Apr 12, '13, 11:48 PM
I am all for them doing new characters that Mego never did when we were kids but I hope they do all the original ones that Mego produced FIRST... then do extensions to the line. I loved the fact that DST / EMCE gave us extensions to Trek but they left us short 3 original Mego characters. Come to think of it... maybe this is the company that could get Trek and POTA rolling again if they can afford the DC license.

madmarva
Apr 13, '13, 12:02 AM
It's interesting that Figures has been introducing a lot of character specific repro parts recently, such as Thor and Iron man boots. I hope it's a gear up for a Marvel line as well.

Goblin19
Apr 13, '13, 1:42 AM
It's definitely interesting. I guess I'm in the minority. I'd prefer new characters or differently done ones instead of exact repros. At least, maybe new characters to go along with repros. I loved the extension to the line that Emce/Mattel offered. I'd be on the fence with these, but would lean toward not getting them.

HardyGirl
Apr 13, '13, 1:48 AM
I just thought of something. I wonder if they'll make the Batcave too? I mean, they made a copy of the Mad Monster Castle, so why not the Batcave?

MEGOMAN
Apr 13, '13, 2:52 AM
This is pretty hard to believe that Dr. MEGO is not making these. This does not make any sense at all. How did he get passed over? There's something wrong here!!!

Bronxboykev
Apr 13, '13, 4:28 AM
Possibilities are endless here... They have so much they can reproduce... And so much more they can come up with to add...

LadyZod
Apr 13, '13, 5:30 AM
I really want to hear from the Doc on this.

HumanWolfman
Apr 13, '13, 5:32 AM
While this is a cool development and I hope it is true, I am still sad the Dr Mego was not at the helm. His love for Mego is unmatched. In fact, I will go as far as to say Dr Mego has done more for mego than mego has!

BATMAN89
Apr 13, '13, 7:09 AM
This is pretty hard to believe that Dr. MEGO is not making these. This does not make any sense at all. How did he get passed over? There's something wrong here!!!That's what I thought right from the start!

I really want to hear from the Doc on this.Me too!

I am still sad the Dr Mego was not at the helm. His love for Mego is unmatched. In fact, I will go as far as to say Dr Mego has done more for mego than mego has!
AMEN!

megocrazy
Apr 13, '13, 7:34 AM
Wow. I can't believe that CTVT has the coin to pick up a license like this. And I'm amazed that they were able to pick up the DC license, blown away if they get the Marvel one too. They have never moved enough figures to justify the amount of the licenses. There's no way they profit from a financial layout like this without major national distribution. These figures will be $30+ easily and that's as long as they make quantities well into the 5 figure range on each one. I just can't see them pulling it off and making money. If these got into a store like Walmart and had defect issues like their original figures did, and got returned in mass amounts, CTVT would be done.

Seeing that Mattel displayed figures at TF why would they allow another company, much less one with a questionable track record on quality to produce, and compete, with their own product. Makes no sense. Not that Mattel makes much sense any way. I don't see any way they get into a major supplier, and no way they sell enough of these with out it. We'll see if they pull off the quality issues. That's a different story entirely. Guess we'll see. Looks like their breaking the bank and pushing all their chips in on this hand. We'll see if it holds up.

megowgsh
Apr 13, '13, 7:34 AM
Personally, I couldn't care less about exact replicas. I have all original Megos anyway.

What made the Mattel Retros so special to me was the extension of the line. Being able to have a factory made Mego-like Lex Luthor stand next to my Superman and a factory made Mego-like Cheetah along side my Wonder Woman, that was stuff I only dreamed of for years.

Now, I know to make a new "Mego" line work you have to include the old staples Superman, Batman, etc., whether exact replicas or re-tooled, but without a line extension this line is worthless to me other than for custom fodder.

I am concerned that without Doc Mego's vision coupled with CTVT quality issues this line will ultimately fail.

My 2 cents.

Peace, Love and Megos,

Austin

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 8:06 AM
Personally, I couldn't care less about exact replicas. I have all original Megos anyway.

What made the Mattel Retros so special to me was the extension of the line. Being able to have a factory made Mego-like Lex Luthor stand next to my Superman and a factory made Mego-like Cheetah along side my Wonder Woman, that was stuff I only dreamed of for years.

Now, I know to make a new "Mego" line work you have to include the old staples Superman, Batman, etc., whether exact replicas or re-tooled, but without a line extension this line is worthless to me other than for custom fodder.

Yeah I share that view. I already have nice originals, bought them back when they could be had for $25.

The idea of new characters was Retro Action's charm to me as well, I begrudgingly bought existing characters to be supportive.

Honestly, when I first read this news, I consider resigning from the Museum. No offense to Figures or what they do, it's not about them.

The retro action line made my job as a moderator here a real chore and I'm just not looking forward to daily battles and passive aggressive daily thread crapping over price point, quality and every nit that can be picked about something that in all honestly, is just a fun little luxury in our lives.

LadyZod
Apr 13, '13, 8:08 AM
What I find interesting is, I seem to recall there being an issue with sculpts during the Retro Action debacle... that Mattel or DC didn't want to use the original Mego head sculpts.

What happened? Is this truly legit? Is it the fact that DC's Powers That Be that were around during the planning stages of the Retro Action line are no longer in charge and the new head decided, oh well... let's jump on this nostalgia kick with the 66 license, and hit up the old style Megos?

I'm assuming, like everyone else, that the fact that it's BATMAN figures, and not DC figures... (no mention of Superman or any other characters) there HAS to be a correlation with the 66 license.

Brown Bear
Apr 13, '13, 8:08 AM
Good point.....I wonder if CTVT would take a stab at someone like Flash but with a 100% mego approach.

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 8:10 AM
Mattel has a policy of not reissuing a sculptor's work that they can't identify.

Figures doesn't have that policy, neither did Diamond, I don't think it's a major issue.

As for correlation to the '66 license, I bet that's a separate entity. I would have been really excited by that.

Figures negotiated the Bat characters the same way Round 2 did for Captain Action, it's a realm in which their master license holder has no interest and as long as you bring a cheque, it's attainable.

As for fears of quality, having worked with Warners in the past on Superhero merch, they're pretty thorough.

LadyZod
Apr 13, '13, 8:12 AM
Honestly, when I first read this news, I consider resigning from the Museum. No offense to Figures or what they do, it's not about them.

The retro action line made my job as a moderator here a real chore and I'm just not looking forward to daily battles and passive aggressive daily thread crapping over price point, quality and every nit that can be picked about something that in all honestly, is just a fun little luxury in our lives.

Fanboys (and girls) will complain. It's the nature of the beast. We complain if it's sunny, we complain if it's rainy. It's what we do.

For my part, I promise to keep my grumbling at a low roar... and my optimism at a higher volume.

Figuremod73
Apr 13, '13, 8:12 AM
Looking at the other side of it though, parts can sometimes be a real hassle to find. A new Mego collector can sometimes go months looking for certain parts and if they cant find them they become discouraged and lose interest in the hobby altogether. I bet theres more than a few Jokers and Riddlers that could benefit from readily available parts and clothing.

I hope it doesnt end with just Batman characters and there is an extension past characters that have already been created.

Werewolf
Apr 13, '13, 8:18 AM

On the bright side, so far the comments have been really mild. Hopefully this shows how the museum has matured, mellowed and weeded out the nit pickers, trolls, pot stirrers and nerd ragers.

We've been really spoiled with a ton of great Mego style toys the last few years and I find it very difficult to nit pick companies that have been going out of their way to cater to us.

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 8:21 AM
Fanboys (and girls) will complain. It's the nature of the beast. We complain if it's sunny, we complain if it's rainy. It's what we do.

Yeah, it wore thin I guess. We used to be strictly a retro site, so there wasn't much grumbling because well, there was nobody to listen.

When the tide of new offerings came out, I never guessed that some would view EMCE, Mattel, bifbangpow! or Figures as the enemy but some folks treat them as such. It's not insulin, so it just comes off as a little pathetic after a while. Of course, I'm an indentured servant to all of these companies (even though i pay for my stuff like everyone else) or so we've been accused.

boss
Apr 13, '13, 8:27 AM
Just make a Conan. That's the only WGSH I don't have. ;-)

The Toyroom
Apr 13, '13, 8:34 AM
Just make a Conan. That's the only WGSH I don't have. ;-)
Even if they do get to Marvel, unfortunately Marvel no longer has the Conan license...so Conan (and I'm guessing Tarzan too) could be skipped...

Figuremod73
Apr 13, '13, 8:36 AM
Maybe they could remake the Conan head and call it something eles ;)

Boywonder0
Apr 13, '13, 8:49 AM

For my part, I promise to keep my grumbling at a low roar... and my optimism at a higher volume.

What LadyZ said!

jayraytee
Apr 13, '13, 9:18 AM
I was kind of wondering if DC looks at CTTV and EMCE as two very different animals. Think about it like this; EMCE remade the characters and had them in Toys R Us... if this news is true, CTTV is reproducing original Megos for a collector market. Mattel might not of felt like they could repro the old mego figures for mass market so they wanted them retooled, if CTTV only has permission to repro the old figures for a limited market, DC might just see them as a different animal all together.

bondtoddbond
Apr 13, '13, 9:20 AM
I don't see an issue if they remake the Mego figures. It would be great if Dr. Mego would be behind them to see they were done right. I would rather they made them a little different so it wouldn't be like buying figures that you already own with the originals. It could introduce a problem where people use repro parts and original parts to complete figures and then when someone else, who is clueless, sells them as all original.

LadyZod
Apr 13, '13, 9:26 AM
I know I will buy a set of Batman and Robin to glue magnets to their feet and attach them to my fridge. Just can't bring myself to do that to real Megos. But I'll be glad to destroy repros.

drmego
Apr 13, '13, 9:29 AM
I heard a few weeks ago that Figures had the '66 Batman for 8 inch and it depressed me.

WB controls the licensing now and my understanding was that if you bring a big enough check,
and the master licensor is not putting out in that scale, you can have the license.

I don't have that much money. I wish I did.

I opened the 8 inch Gene Simmons and found the quality of the plastic was better but the
bodies were assembled awkwardly.

Expect these figures to be cheap copies of the originals.

That being said, I wish them luck. Unfortunately the prices will be high because of what they
have to pay Warner Bros.

I wasn't interested in making dollar store versions of MEGO - I wanted to make the characters
never made. At least Figures won't have Mattel controlling their production. I hope it's worth
the money spent on the license.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 13, '13, 9:38 AM
If the quality is good I for one am very happy they are exact replicas. I still love the Mattel Retro Action for what they are but I have spent thousands on high grade Mego WGSH MIB originals but this will allow me to have the characters I had as a kid and not have to pay insane prices for originals. If done correctly I see it as a great addition to the Re-Mego collectables we are blessed with these days. These guys may be just the company to give us DC, Marvel, Tarzan, Conan and Isis. If they can afford the DC license... who knows ? I am probably dreaming big here but a complete set of WGSH replicas and extensions after that would be too good to be true. Now... as for the packaging... Figures/CTVT needs to loose the bulky clamshell they use on the KISS figures and go with something closer to the ones DST/EMCE uses. Too bad they won't be boxed.

Teemu
Apr 13, '13, 9:47 AM
hopes they go after Marvel too...replica's of Cap and Thor Yes!

drogge
Apr 13, '13, 9:57 AM
I am excited, I just wish Dr. Mego was involved. EMCE should partner. This is exciting because Classic Toys has a reputation for extending the product lines and making new figures. Look at the additions from the Happy Days line, this is going ot be awesome. I can see dozens of new figures. These will fly off the shelves. And to think I thought WGSH line was dead. I have a feeling Classic Toys will amp up the quality, they know the mass appeal related to this line. The article said, first in the series, so there are more planned. I wonder will they will be available, I bet quickly since they have pics. Most likely this summer.

Goblin19
Apr 13, '13, 9:59 AM
I really wish it was the 66 line and Doc was doing it. If they did that line, I'd be beyomd thrilled.

Capt_Kirk
Apr 13, '13, 10:08 AM
While this is a cool development and I hope it is true, I am still sad the Dr Mego was not at the helm. His love for Mego is unmatched. In fact, I will go as far as to say Dr Mego has done more for mego than mego has!

TOTALLY AGREE, however, The capital that the Dr would need to obtain the license would be astronomical. He would need a minimum of 500,000.00 just for the licensing "an assumption"
If any of you would like to help him with bank rolling the 66 figures... I'll put in to the kitty ; ) just saying. I would SO love to see a 66 line manufactured the right way. A removeable cowl Adam West batman with communicator and batarang. Robin with batarang and shield. Alfred. Commissioner Gordon. Chief Ohara.
alter ego Bruce Wayne with Shakespear bust and Dick Grayson with red phone. I gotta stop. I'm starting to drool.

Capt_Kirk
Apr 13, '13, 10:09 AM
hopes they go after Marvel too...replica's of Cap and Thor Yes!

All the Marvel line would be great. I would love to collect those. All I have in my collection is a Hulk and he has loose joints pretty sad : (

BATMAN89
Apr 13, '13, 10:20 AM
I heard a few weeks ago that Figures had the '66 Batman for 8 inch and it depressed me.
Ya, it kinda depresses me too.:down: You deserve to get a shot at doing this line!:enraged:
I am sure that most of our members here agree on that.:gossip:
There a so many things in the world that are just not right. This is one of them.:no:

Captain
Apr 13, '13, 10:26 AM
So they just have Batman then right? Somebody else could pound on the door and get a Superman, or Justice League license still?
If this is an offshoot for 66 Bats licensing, someone could theoretically go after a different Batman aspect--Super Friends, comic book, movie, etc... as well I'm guessing (hoping!!!)

Cosmicman
Apr 13, '13, 10:46 AM
I reflect when it comes to Classic TV Toys over the years you have to acknowledge the superiority of their material has enhanced. Have you been to their page of late and perceived the items they have been adding to their page?
Something tells me the person(s) over there are not sleeping on the job.

If you know a replica or a toy corporation that ships items that fast please tell me. I was exceptionally skeptic in the commencement when Classic TV Toys had decided to step into the ring with the “big boys” when it came to manufacturing reproduction pieces. A lot of people I talk to on this site tell me that they don’t have the utmost of work when it comes to the economy in recent times and they have went and gave Classic TV Toys a shot and were 100% contented with their outcome.

I can tell you that if you obtain a part from Classic TV Toys and it is not up to your standard or it appears defective or busted. Just send a well-mannered email (without being loathsome) and that mystifying person(s) behind the store curtain at Classic TV Toys all the time and always will replace the item without a protest. That to me sounds like a company that is alarmed a lot about their product’s quality. I am in no doubt that they have a lot of orders and it sometimes happen that a few parts are junk they may have been broke and unintentionally thrown in a box, stuff happens.

Just look in the recent of all the recent added extras at Classic TV Toys added to their customs page menu...and now they are adding Batman retro reproduction characters?
I hate to put the boot to Dr. Mego (he’s a nice guy also) but it sounds like Classic TV Toys has some appealing and interesting lawyers (or sharks) tossing them some serious cash to get involved with Gene Simmons (for the KISS stuff) and now plunging into the DC bazaar? Wow!

I think a big shot fell asleep on the button at Mattel.
Dr. Mego perhaps should have taken a diverse direction but I know how it is. Dr. Mego is the kind of guy that requests 100% excellence and regrettably Mattel wasn’t capable to put up the big bucks for new characters to be added. Kind of tells you what kind of a business Mattel is, huh?

Good for that person(s) who is behind the face at Classic TV Toys. I bet you that person(s) and all of his employees have figured out the elucidation to mass manufacture reproduction pieces without getting their hands stomped on by big corporations. They appear to have a lot of tremendous people working for them. :wink:

I cannot wait for a complete reproduction on a classic real retro Mego figure. You can always keep Dr. Mego in the circle and buy his bodies if you still have concerns with the Classic TV Toys bodies within the reproduction parts. It’s not the end of the world and I am in fact relatively keyed up that this at-last come about. I knew it was going to take place sooner or later just didn’t plan this shortly. Way to go!

Oh yeah somebody mentioned Batman 60s stuff? There's a rumor mill spinning about a limited series digital comic book coming out in that form. Maybe these Batman figures are tied to it? Don't know but it sounds kind of fishy.

VintageMike
Apr 13, '13, 10:55 AM

WB controls the licensing now and my understanding was that if you bring a big enough check,
and the master licensor is not putting out in that scale, you can have the license.

Whatever else may come out of this, this is great news. Like everyone else I wish you had been able to do your vision. I'm sure everyone agrees with that. That said, the fact that a company like Mattel can no longer just sit on something is great. If there is someone with enough money and the desire, things can actually happen.

garfoot
Apr 13, '13, 11:04 AM
I am very excited about this news. Like many of us, I haved tried to buy toys that bring back my youth. Being a child in the 1970's I have my love for SMDM, Star Wars, Star Trek, and WGSH. I have been able to get the repros on the first three, but the superheroes line always was way too expensive for my budget. Now, if this turns out to be true, I will be able to add these great characters to my collection. I know they mentioned that this was series one, and I can't imagine what others they might make. Just look at Classictvtoys lines, Happy Days, Space 1999,etc. They have a wide range of characters. Can you imagine getting every superhero from the WGSH line made? That would be awesome. I wish them well and hope things turn out great. :grin:

drmego
Apr 13, '13, 11:05 AM
I will admit that I don't know the details of this deal, but I believe that Figures got just the classic Batman license, not
DC Superheroes. I suspect these megos are the fastest, easiest figures to get to market while they work on TV show
figures.

mego
Apr 13, '13, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure this is 'great news'. Figures has proven time and time again to produce inferior products. Any informed consumer should be weary of any product from these guys. It's a real shame, considering that there are many companies that can do these things right. Figures Toy Company's lack of improvement shows contempt for their customers.

Timothy2251
Apr 13, '13, 11:13 AM
The price for these figures is what's going to determine if I get any or not. Like most here, I already have original Mego versions of all four, and having replicas to muck about with would be neat. But if the price is jacked up, I'll pass, especially with CTVT's past problems with figure bodies (I sincerely hope those were rectified. If not, no problem - put the parts on a Dr. Mego body! With swivel-arms!).

If Dr. Mego/EMCE had only got the license, it'd be a no-brainer - we'd ALL buy 'em the day of release, then there'd be much rejoicing, speculating on what characters Doc would do next, etc. Doc's stuff is THAT good.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 13, '13, 11:16 AM
The first series in their new line of " World's Greatest Heroes ! "

This wouls suggest to me that it is not only a Batman line but that Batman characters are the first to be released in the line. These are not Batman '66 characters. They are comic versions of the characters that existed at the time. I don't doubt that all the Batman '66 hype may have brought this about but let's hope it's goint to last beyond the Batman '66 hype.

The Toyroom
Apr 13, '13, 11:24 AM
The first series in their new line of " World's Greatest Heroes ! "

I noticed the press release didn't say "Super-Heroes". I believe that's a trademark still jointly owned by DC and Marvel so maybe
they don't have a Marvel license locked in at this moment as some have speculated?

Spyweb007
Apr 13, '13, 11:27 AM
CTVT has han't had the best quality, especially with the bodies on their figures, but they must have the cash to pay for some of these big licenses they have started to tackle. I beleive the Kiss bodies, while still strung to tight, are not as brittle and prone to breaking as their earlier products, and I've never had much of a problem with the heads, clothing or accessories they sell. It would be great to see Doc and EMCE get this line, we all know Doc has the passion for it and puts out quality products, but the financial backing needed must be huge. It would be great to combine the best of all the different companies making Re-Mego figures into one product, as each has their own strengths and weaknesses. There is enough talent, creativity and knowledge here at the museum to create a fantastic line of figures, but there is always the money issue to deal with, which unfortunately is the biggest hurdle.

The Toyroom
Apr 13, '13, 11:31 AM
Is there any reason why there isn't a representative from CTVT/Figures Inc as a member here as a spokesman like there are from EMCE, BBP, ZICA,Castaway?
It'd be nice to hear things from the horse's mouth instead of reading into their press releases and speculating all of the time....Especially with some of the major
announcements they've had of late.
Just wondering...

Figuremod73
Apr 13, '13, 11:36 AM
I'm wondering if they will sell their parts separately or just as a whole figure.
I could see alot of Dark Knight customs coming if they did.

Scousebadger
Apr 13, '13, 11:37 AM
Is there any reason why there isn't a representative from CTVT/Figures Inc as a member here as a spokesman like there are from EMCE, BBP, ZICA,Castaway?
It'd be nice to hear things from the horse's mouth instead of reading into their press releases and speculating all of the time....Especially with some of the major
Just wondering...

CVTV have had numerous bad reviews on here. Maybe they feel defensive about that.

The Toyroom
Apr 13, '13, 11:38 AM
CVTV have had numerous bad reviews on here. Maybe they feel defensive about that.

Well so have other companies but they roll with the punches :smiley1:

Chris
Apr 13, '13, 11:39 AM

Well stated. Thank you.

sprytel
Apr 13, '13, 11:53 AM
I will admit that I don't know the details of this deal, but I believe that Figures got just the classic Batman license, not
DC Superheroes. I suspect these megos are the fastest, easiest figures to get to market while they work on TV show
figures.

That makes sense... and would follow the pattern they used for the Kiss figures.

lilbrosj66
Apr 13, '13, 11:58 AM
While I am seriously bummed that Doc won't be involved (thanks for the brown Zaius boots btw. They are great!), I for one would love to see Batman and the gang back on store shelves and on websites. AND in my mail box! Let's just hope they are good quality and offer new characters!

Jason73
Apr 13, '13, 1:02 PM
I wonder if they will expand to 12 inch Super Heroes?

Goblin19
Apr 13, '13, 1:12 PM
If they expand the line / do 66 figures, I'll be in for sure.

BATMAN89
Apr 13, '13, 1:14 PM
Wow, I hadn't thought of that!
I was thinking that I can see CTVT doing variant Mego-styled Batman figures.
First the classic, then the all black costume, and the black and gray costume.
How easy is that to do? We all have done it, and it would sell like crazy!

jwyblejr
Apr 13, '13, 1:16 PM
Just wondering...

They had someone. I don't know where they went to.

mego73
Apr 13, '13, 1:19 PM
I think it just boiled down to that CTVT was able to have the huge fee needed for the license while it was prohibitive to the Doc. It sucks.

This is pretty hard to believe that Dr. MEGO is not making these. This does not make any sense at all. How did he get passed over? There's something wrong here!!!

SeattleEd
Apr 13, '13, 1:47 PM
So from what I'm understanding, only the Batman related old Megos will be reissued which means:

*Batman [Maybe a removable cowl variant?]
*Robin [Maybe a removable mask variant?]
*Joker
*Riddler
*Penguin?
*Catwoman?
*Batgirl?

Then for the '66 line they will make new heads or just repaint the old retro ones? This would be interesting since we might see some new characters or just kit bashes of the 7 above only?

And it would make sense to make 12" versions as well just like they did for KISS.

Bottom line, not holding my breath but makes for interesting custom fodder.

Brown Bear
Apr 13, '13, 2:55 PM
We all wish Doc was the one making these, but that said I also hope "sour grapes" doesn't result in throwing them under the bus either.

The quality issues is a given, but from what I've heard about the KISS line, they seem to have improved somewhat. Hopefully a line with this potential is given the proper consideration with regard to quality control.

At the end of the day, any mego fan should be happy to see them rather than not.

Iron Mego
Apr 13, '13, 2:58 PM

This is what I meant RE my comment about divisiveness. I'm sure as a moderator it gets very tiresome to go through all the comments. As a fan, and member, it gets old after awhile. I believe in speaking by acting; if you don't like, you don't buy.

Figuremod73
Apr 13, '13, 3:01 PM
They got me wondering about why they have Ironman and Thor boots now. lol.

jwyblejr
Apr 13, '13, 3:39 PM
So from what I'm understanding, only the Batman related old Megos will be reissued which means:

*Batman [Maybe a removable cowl variant?]
*Robin [Maybe a removable mask variant?]
*Joker
*Riddler
*Penguin?
*Catwoman?
*Batgirl?

Then for the '66 line they will make new heads or just repaint the old retro ones? This would be interesting since we might see some new characters or just kit bashes of the 7 above only?

And it would make sense to make 12" versions as well just like they did for KISS.

Bottom line, not holding my breath but makes for interesting custom fodder.

I would imagine Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson as well.

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 3:46 PM
This is what I meant RE my comment about divisiveness. I'm sure as a moderator it gets very tiresome to go through all the comments. As a fan, and member, it gets old after awhile. I believe in speaking by acting; if you don't like, you don't buy.

Yeah, that's it, that's all. Vote by not buying.

I buy and support the things I like and leave it at that. If Figures does the 66 series and it looks good like their Munsters, I'm into it.

Iron Mego
Apr 13, '13, 3:51 PM
This is how I played the SMDM releases. I was super stoked early on and thought the proto looked pretty awesome. I felt differently about the final product and acted accordingly.

alex
Apr 13, '13, 4:05 PM
Ive never bought a CTVT figure, because of all the bad press they were given. I dont know, but just the mention of CTVT just really puts me off now, even if they did create a whole line of characters never produced. U never know if these do well, maybe Mattel will return to the game.

JediJaida
Apr 13, '13, 4:16 PM
I'd be very happy to get my greedy paws on some 66 figures.

Secret Identity figures would be excellent; Bruce, Dick, Barbara, and even Riddler without his mask.

I have decided to buy at least ONE figure, and check it out for myself; when they become available. It will definitely be the Riddler.

As for the repro Mego figures, I'll take the same approach. If, IF it's a piece of dreck, then I will complain vociferously to CTVT.

I'll keep any negativity away from the boards, I promise.

I know that the moderators go through heck trying to keep this board a friendly place, and all the negativity doesn't help.

I really do wish them success in this. It will be nice to get the figures that I never got before without having to break the bank.

But, the next time a license comes up for grabs, Doc, we're going to do a Kickstarter deal so you'll at least have a chance at the license!

enyawd72
Apr 13, '13, 4:19 PM
This is really big news...hoping for lots of releases, including Marvel.

VinMan
Apr 13, '13, 4:39 PM
I am happy for sure. I would love to spread the wealth and give them as gifts and maybe help create tomorrows collectors. I just hope the prices are not crazy. Secondly, I love the idea of playing with them myself. My son and I have battles with his retros. We bring them everywhere. I would never take an original Mego off the shelf and out Into the yard.
With these we can really party!!

roman-i210
Apr 13, '13, 4:59 PM
Maybe they could remake the Conan head and call it something eles ;)

Hopefully Conan O'Brien !

roman-i210
Apr 13, '13, 5:07 PM
Interesting for sure. I would suppose they will be of similar quality to the western knock offs, huh?
I would hope they decide to add to the line if it's somewhat successful.
Someone wrote that they'll be only batman related characters? That would still allow Two Face, Scarcrow, Mr. Freeze, Commissioner Gordon and maybe Nightwing? Kind of be cool if it did. Variations of each miht be slick....

The only thin that is hard to understand is that there are still so many old fiures and parts floatin one ebay it's hard to imagine why you would want new ones when you can put one together with some patience and effort.

Lookin forward to seein where this leads.

mikeoz
Apr 13, '13, 6:04 PM
Yeah, that's it, that's all. Vote by not buying.

:yes: like!

Mego-Amigo
Apr 13, '13, 6:05 PM
The new ones are for guys like me. I only collect high grade MIB originals and would never consider putting one together or using repros. The new ones will give me a chance to have perfect figures in package without having to spend thousands of dollars on originals.

drogge
Apr 13, '13, 6:33 PM
I am so excited to get some new Mego. I hope this line is just not a lot of reproduction. I would love some new stuff, as well. Mr Freeze, Egghead, Mad Hatter, and more. Please!!!!

hedrap
Apr 13, '13, 6:35 PM
I think the '66 license is being misinterpreted.

The Mego Batman design is being recognized by WB as the '66 design.

For example, it would be practical to expect a Batman release closer to West's color scheme, A Batgirl closer to Craig's, a Riddler with Gorshin's suit and a Catwoman in black pleather. Much like the variants they're doing with KISS.

But they're going to be limited as to what they can do because Mattel does own the master '66 license.

So I tend to believe they don't have the same flexibility Doc had with Trek, because that was close to a dead license at the time. Batman '66 is brand new. Doc would know better than me, but I have to believe Matty has first option on all new characters, and they have to be '66 centric, meaning if they didn't appear on the show, it's not part of that license. '66 Batman is a separate deal, just as Arkham City and New 52 are.

As for CTVT representation, I do remember reading it was because they got hammered years ago on the boards for doing the Mego knock-offs with bad product from India.

I would be stunned if they don't extend an olive branch soon. We're looking at KISS prices - 25/figure. Without the Museum support, you're starting in a hole.

Nostalgiabuff
Apr 13, '13, 7:07 PM
i find it interesting that the CTVT still does not list this news. i would imagine they have been on and seen the posts about it, even if they do not join in

ODBJBG
Apr 13, '13, 7:14 PM
I think the '66 license is being misinterpreted.

The Mego Batman design is being recognized by WB as the '66 design.

For example, it would be practical to expect a Batman release closer to West's color scheme, A Batgirl closer to Craig's, a Riddler with Gorshin's suit and a Catwoman in black pleather. Much like the variants they're doing with KISS.

But they're going to be limited as to what they can do because Mattel does own the master '66 license.

So I tend to believe they don't have the same flexibility Doc had with Trek, because that was close to a dead license at the time. Batman '66 is brand new. Doc would know better than me, but I have to believe Matty has first option on all new characters, and they have to be '66 centric, meaning if they didn't appear on the show, it's not part of that license. '66 Batman is a separate deal, just as Arkham City and New 52 are.

Mattel doesn't have the master 66 license. LOTS of companies have the 66 license. Mattel has the rights to a 6 inch 66 line. An 8 inch retro line may be an option for a different company. Several companies are doing 66 figures, like Mezco.

But regardless of all that, there's nothing in the press release that says anything about the 66 line. That's all conjecture at this point. I suspect if this had anything to do with the 66 line, it would be marketed as such. This appears to be something totally different. Retro Batman figures. It ties into the 66 stuff only in the fact that a lot of people associate the old Mego Batman figures as being the figures for the Adam West show, even though they weren't.

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 7:26 PM
We're going to have an update in the next couple of days. It will lead to interesting discussion.

Very Interesting.

http://nakedphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Very-Interesting-mouth-closed-eyes-open-wide.png

Brown Bear
Apr 13, '13, 7:33 PM
Business is about to pick up.

ctc
Apr 13, '13, 7:35 PM
Hmmmm....

Toy-wise, it's kinda interesting how we've gone from the tight-fisted rights deals of the 90's to a more free wheelin' everybody get some situation like the 70's. Could this lead to a new wave of baffling, inappropriate rack toys for strange properties?

Who wants a "Dexter" variant of them old-timey toy shave kits?

Don C.

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 7:39 PM
Who wants a "Dexter" variant of them old-timey toy shave kits?

I want a series of Rack Toys all loosely involving Ron Swanson.

The Toyroom
Apr 13, '13, 7:42 PM
We're going to have an update in the next couple of days. It will lead to interesting discussion.

Very Interesting.

http://nakedphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Very-Interesting-mouth-closed-eyes-open-wide.png

An Arte Johnson action figure in 8" "Retro" format? Surely sir you jest! :smiley1:

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 7:49 PM
An Arte Johnson action figure in 8" "Retro" format? Surely sir you jest! :smiley1:

Surely I do! Just adding to the conjecture.

We're in for interesting times but not "Arte Johnson interesting".

jayraytee
Apr 13, '13, 7:55 PM
If they make them with a higher quality standard than they ever have had in the past, I will buy every figure they make.

If the quality is equal to past releases I will pass on these. My fear with making inferior mego knock-offs has always been that it reduces the respect that these types of figures deserve in the market. You don't want mego type figures synonymous with cheap junk.

They do have an opportunity to be successful, especially considering that the bodies will be closer to mego style apparently.

Werewolf
Apr 13, '13, 8:13 PM
I'm not too concerned about the quality. I bought the first series of the 8 inch and 12 inch Kiss figures as well as the Mad Monster castle and the quality was excellent. If the Batman figures are anything like those we are in for a real treat.

Godzilla
Apr 13, '13, 8:30 PM
From the repro Western figures, to the monsters, to Space 1999, to the Monster Castle, I have experienced nothing but poor quality items from CTVT. I wish them the best, but I for one will be sitting this one out. The have enough of my money.

HardyGirl
Apr 13, '13, 8:43 PM
Well, I missed the chatter about EMCE and now I've got it in spades over CTVT Batman. You know the ole saying: "Be careful what you wish for..."

But seriously, this is fantastic! For collectors and their kids, and all of of who remember drooling over those Batman Mego commercials and pics in the Christmas catalogs. And Brian, I promise not to add to the naysayers if it turns out not to be what I expected.

HardyGirl
Apr 13, '13, 8:46 PM
I think it's great that you play action figures w/ your son. When you get the CTVT Batman guys, you'll have to post pics of some of your adventures!

I am happy for sure. I would love to spread the wealth and give them as gifts and maybe help create tomorrows collectors. I just hope the prices are not crazy. Secondly, I love the idea of playing with them myself. My son and I have battles with his retros. We bring them everywhere. I would never take an original Mego off the shelf and out Into the yard.
With these we can really party!!

MIB41
Apr 13, '13, 8:51 PM
Never expected to check in at this hour and find this kind of news and then proceed to read 14 pages of responses. I'll wait until they actually show the product. As with KISS, Figure Inc initially advertised with original Mego figures. This looks to be the same scenario. That's not CTVT figures in that ad. So we'll see. I'm more interested in what Dr. Mego said about the company acquiring the '66 license. If that is true, I could be on the hook for those if they look cool. As far as the retro DC heroes, I'll wait and see what they really look like; if the quality matches what they've been doing; and if they plan on charging an insane price for the privilege. If the quality and pricing issues prove negative, these will be an easy pass since I have all of the originals, with many of them in their boxes. Interesting news though. Lets see where this goes.

palitoy
Apr 13, '13, 9:03 PM
kids are the big winner here.

I think it's great that you play action figures w/ your son. When you get the CTVT Batman guys, you'll have to post pics of some of your adventures!

TomStrong
Apr 13, '13, 9:03 PM
On a professional level I'm sad for Dr. Mego. I bought multiples of every figure in the Retro Action line, even waiting down to the minute for the online exclusives. I have no idea what the quality will be but I'm willing to give them a shot. I bought some stuff from them as we'll as custom stuff from Doc Mego and thought they were both fine. I'm not going to be playing with these or make them do laps on the treadmill so how good does the quality need to be? They're going on a shelf like a great prize along side the few customs I've made. If people don't like CTVT don't buy from them, it's that simple.

kingdom warrior
Apr 13, '13, 9:18 PM
I dig it and will support it...I'm hoping, they can do Bruce and Dick secret Identities with the costumes included....that would be a cool way to repackage the repros....

Corellian Corvette
Apr 13, '13, 9:19 PM
Retro Action screwed the pooch with the awkward body, which let down otherwise good decisions - solid character choices, great headsculpts and well made suits and accessories. Add to that bad inventory management by either Mattel or TRU, and a crazy high price, and it wasn't hard to see why it failed.

If CTVT can hit $19.99 with these, and get some distribution (does anyone even carry CTVT at retail?) and this could do well. Of course, they have the added benefit of being a smaller outfit that can nurture a line like this, vs. Mattel where that was small beans relative to the size of other businesses.

I'm not sure why everyone is so down on CTVT quality. The early bodies were bad, for sure. Most of their accessories and head sculpts have been QUITE good, and I would argue that they have made some pieces that are superior to what was already on the market.

They have been going crazy on the accessories - they already have the alter ego suits (minus Dick Grayson) and as others have mentioned they have some marvel stuff, too.

I have no reason to think based on what they have been doing lately these won't be pretty good. And if the price is good, I could see liking them better then the retro action stuff.

MIB41
Apr 13, '13, 10:05 PM
If CTVT can hit $19.99 with these, and get some distribution (does anyone even carry CTVT at retail?) and this could do well. Of course, they have the added benefit of being a smaller outfit that can nurture a line like this, vs. Mattel where that was small beans relative to the size of other businesses.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that price point. I fully expect these to come in around $24.99. CTVT has never been shy about inflating prices when they think they have a fan base to tap into.

I'm not sure why everyone is so down on CTVT quality. The early bodies were bad, for sure. Most of their accessories and head sculpts have been QUITE good, and I would argue that they have made some pieces that are superior to what was already on the market.

There are scores of people, myself included, who have bought product many times over and had pieces fall apart straight out of the package. And the replacements are no better. I gave the company another chance with their series one KISS figures (8 inch scale) after I heard vast improvements had been made. And while I didn't have the old problems, I was met with new problems. Outfits that really didn't fit. Bodies so tight they can barely stand. And then some seriously shoddy paint jobs and rooted hair issues. If those figures were Mego priced items from the 70's, these would be moot points. You buy what you pay for. But these were high-end priced figures for this scale. And for all the hoopla over the "improvements", I was left with figures I couldn't pose and simply put them back in the shipping box where they have stayed. These are not issues born from being a nit picky consumer. I saw the pictures and ordered based on what was advertised along with a manufacturing promise for better quality control. I didn't get that. So yes. There are alot of people, like me, that see a similar scenario playing out here. I'm just going to wait and see. I've had enough buyer's remorse with this company, not to take anything they advertise at face value anymore. Even when they have a license I like.

torgospizza
Apr 13, '13, 10:35 PM
I fully expect these to come in around $24.99. CTVT has never been shy about inflating prices when they think they have a fan base to tap into.

It's going to be all about price for me. There's no reason for me to buy these if I can get original Megos loose for ≅ the same price.

PNGwynne
Apr 13, '13, 11:22 PM
There are scores of people, myself included, who have bought product many times over and had pieces fall apart straight out of the package. And the replacements are no better. I gave the company another chance with their series one KISS figures (8 inch scale) after I heard vast improvements had been made. And while I didn't have the old problems, I was met with new problems. Outfits that really didn't fit. Bodies so tight they can barely stand. And then some seriously shoddy paint jobs and rooted hair issues. If those figures were Mego priced items from the 70's, these would be moot points. You buy what you pay for. But these were high-end priced figures for this scale. And for all the hoopla over the "improvements", I was left with figures I couldn't pose and simply put them back in the shipping box where they have stayed. These are not issues born from being a nit picky consumer. I saw the pictures and ordered based on what was advertised along with a manufacturing promise for better quality control. I didn't get that. So yes. There are alot of people, like me, that see a similar scenario playing out here. I'm just going to wait and see. I've had enough buyer's remorse with this company, not to take anything they advertise at face value anymore. Even when they have a license I like.

IMO, perfectly expressed.

jwyblejr
Apr 13, '13, 11:22 PM
Surely I do! Just adding to the conjecture.

We're in for interesting times but not "Arte Johnson interesting".

Darn. Just had to burst my bubble. :crying:

drmego
Apr 14, '13, 12:36 AM
I have to admit that I was bummed out when I heard this news - but it isn't like I had the money to be in the game anyway.
I can't begrudge Figures for doing this - WE ALL want to bring back mego. I got a chance to make a lot of great characters and continue to do so.
I am working on other projects right now that point in a slightly different direction, but have the same ultimate goal I have always had - keeping the
8 inch format alive for the future.

On a professional level I'm sad for Dr. Mego. I bought multiples of every figure in the Retro Action line, even waiting down to the minute for the online exclusives. I have no idea what the quality will be but I'm willing to give them a shot. I bought some stuff from them as we'll as custom stuff from Doc Mego and thought they were both fine. I'm not going to be playing with these or make them do laps on the treadmill so how good does the quality need to be? They're going on a shelf like a great prize along side the few customs I've made. If people don't like CTVT don't buy from them, it's that simple.

Mego Milk
Apr 14, '13, 1:58 AM
Aw yeah Doc!

The future is ours!

Mego Milk
Apr 14, '13, 1:59 AM
Oops. Spoiler!

nobody
Apr 14, '13, 6:17 AM

I opened the 8 inch Gene Simmons and found the quality of the plastic was better but the

That being said, I wish them luck. Unfortunately the prices will be high because of what they
have to pay Warner Bros.

I wasn't interested in making dollar store versions of MEGO - I wanted to make the characters
never made. At least Figures won't have Mattel controlling their production. I hope it's worth

I've only read to#80 so far, but I wish Doc had the money for licenses like these or could tell us how much. That Kickstarter thing might have made this possible with the license cash.

jayraytee
Apr 14, '13, 8:22 AM
Doc Mego doing a kickstarter thing would be pretty dang cool. One band I work for just recorded an album thanks to kickstarter, I bet some collectors would throw some cash in the pot for good new megos.

Figuremod73
Apr 14, '13, 8:40 AM
To bad they cant order a large batch of Drmego bodies and switch over. That would be a win win.

boynightwing
Apr 14, '13, 9:40 AM
I'm in for the Riddler because I don't have the original. If the bodies are as bad as people say then I'll just take the head and clothes etc and put them on an original body.

hedrap
Apr 14, '13, 10:44 AM
Mattel doesn't have the master 66 license. LOTS of companies have the 66 license. Mattel has the rights to a 6 inch 66 line. An 8 inch retro line may be an option for a different company. Several companies are doing 66 figures, like Mezco.

But regardless of all that, there's nothing in the press release that says anything about the 66 line. That's all conjecture at this point. I suspect if this had anything to do with the 66 line, it would be marketed as such. This appears to be something totally different. Retro Batman figures. It ties into the 66 stuff only in the fact that a lot of people associate the old Mego Batman figures as being the figures for the Adam West show, even though they weren't.

When it comes to what we're discussing, Mattel technically has the master. CTVT, Hot Toys, etc... are not going to be able to produce competing products because of the larger deal WB has with Mattel. So if it's a scale/style/design Mattel doesn't work in, they've given permission to WB to license it out. If WB was signing these deals as some kind of loophole, Matty could stop it all with an injunction.

As for '66, it's a matter of timing. IMO, we're looking at a few occurrences that made this possible.

1. Mattel got out of the 8-inch retail format and passed on making RA a MattyCollector line.

2. DC Direct closed last Spring, leaving WB with no in-house collectibles division.

So either Batman was only available because WB is licensing non New 52 Batman products, or CTVT went after Batman because of the flood of '66 merch on the way.

I could easily be wrong on this, but there's something about them not releasing a Superman that makes me think they don't have a full DC license. They already have the Superman head and boots in mass production, so he would have been cheaper to include than Joker or Riddler, and it could have rode the Man Of Steel wave.

LadyZod
Apr 14, '13, 11:46 AM
You know, at this point I barely care about the hows and whys. At this point I want to know the when and the how much.

HardyGirl
Apr 14, '13, 12:26 PM
Exactly! :yes:

You know, at this point I barely care about the hows and whys. At this point I want to know the when and the how much.

Werewolf
Apr 14, '13, 12:55 PM
No pricing info yet but the article on toynewsi has been updated with a release date of July.

browboy71
Apr 14, '13, 1:56 PM
July is so soon, I need time to save up funds!

Gorn Captain
Apr 14, '13, 2:15 PM
I've been collecting Megos since the Stone Age, and I have most of them (well, not The Waltons, I admit), so it's not really a big deal for me. I'm missing four or five figures, and I'll wait until I can get them "vintage Mego" instead of new repros.

But it's nice for people (not the least of which kids) still hunting for them to be able to get them. If they bring in new characters or outfits, like a Gorshin Riddler in a suit, I might pick one up.

JediJaida
Apr 14, '13, 2:25 PM
The only problem I foresee is them getting the rights to Frank's image. Doesn't that still belong to his family? They might not be amenable to the idea, although with the 6" figure being pretty much a dead on likeness, I might be be reading more into this than I should be.

thunderbolt
Apr 14, '13, 4:42 PM
DC and Fox or whoever got most of the likeness rights lined up before this was even put up for liscense, so if its showing up in one line that pretty much means the other companies that are doing 66 stuff have the same actors and characters to use.

pmwasson
Apr 14, '13, 4:45 PM
I'll be buying a bunch! Can't wait. I really hope they end up making new Batman 66 characters.

GHVersion12
Apr 14, '13, 4:57 PM
I am cautiously optimistic about this line but hope for the best as I am excited to get at least one of the figures when they come out.

HardyGirl
Apr 14, '13, 5:04 PM
Woo-Hoo! My birthday month! All right! :baby02:

No pricing info yet but the article on toynewsi has been updated with a release date of July.

boynightwing
Apr 14, '13, 5:22 PM
I see a lot of speculation for what might be. Some of that is pretty darn awesome. However, I get the impression these are just going to be straight up reproductions of the originals. Hasbro did that a few years ago with Transformers. If you had Optimus Prime as a kid but he didn't survive, it was a good chance to own him again. I like that they're doing it. I have Batman, Robin, and Joker. My Joker is right from my childhood. I never had Riddler.

Since we're making a wishlist, I hope they do some Avengers. I don't have many Marvel Mego's and this would be a great way to get them. I need Iron Man and Thor. I have Cap, Spidey, and Hulk.

megocrazy
Apr 14, '13, 6:44 PM
I can totally see Brian's point. Many of us are never happy either way. Few were harder on Mattel than me. Mainly because I watched the entire thing come to fruition from a closer point than most did and was just amazed at the lack of quality that was shown and knowing what Doc went through to show them and their refusal to simply listen. Not to mention what it could have been had it been done right. Who knows how far it could have gone. The same person that over saw the Universal monsters was involved with Mattel on the Retro line. How did one end up being dead on and the other not so much. Someone listened and someone felt they were to good to.

I know the KISS license had to be a decent amount to get and reports here are that, while better, the bodies still have some issues. If they felt that was good enough for KISS I don't see why they would redesign for this line a third time. Maybe I'm wrong. If not, I'll still play the head swap deal if I have to, as I did with the retro's if they offer new characters, as long as the price point isn't outrageous. Like most that voiced opinions here, I want to see new guys, not rehashes. If it results in that, more power to them and thanks for taking the chance. Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat Time....Same Bat Channel.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 14, '13, 7:24 PM
Wow, I'm off the internet for two days, and this happens. Holy crap!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Chris

drogge
Apr 14, '13, 7:43 PM
I highly doubt this line is 66 Batman, looks to be a repro line. I'll bet the 66 line will be a different set.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 14, '13, 9:02 PM
kids are the big winner here.

^Yeah, that's true. Desptie my misgivings on straight repros, the fact that my kids can have Mego-like Batman characters is cool, not matter how you slice it. I'm a little mixed on it for myself, but the kiddos will love them.

Chris

powersthatbe
Apr 15, '13, 2:20 AM
i'll get them but i'm not thrilled that figurestoys has the license,their bodies are horrid and extremely fragile,a forty year old mego would up better in quality today then what they will put out.i hope they don't have the license for 66 batman,if they do they must have made some dough over the years to obtain such a license.

kerowack
Apr 15, '13, 6:50 AM
Everybody who is excited about these for kids....what kids are getting their hands on these? Kids of Mego collectors? Sure. But those kids probably already have a bucket full of Mego figures. Kids of non collectors? A. Will never see these. B. will not have a parent shell out 20 for one figure. C. Want the batman that THEY know.

There are tons of kids in my family. They want video games and batman wears black in their world. These are for US. The average parent isn't hunting out specialty shops to purchase an obscure toy company's rerelease of a forty year old figure line.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 15, '13, 7:46 AM
While I agree these are aimed at us, I wouldn't be surprised if some make it into the hands of children through their LCS.

I'm pretty excited about the 1966 line. I have gotten to see a few of the prototype sculpts and they're pretty good. I have high hopes based on what they have shared, and I expect them to have an official announcement ready soon. The breadth of what they intend to do is pretty impressive, but I can't say more until they give us the go ahead.

palitoy
Apr 15, '13, 7:54 AM
http://www.clickautographs.com/photos/arte_johnson_8_x_10.jpg

MIB41
Apr 15, '13, 7:56 AM
I'm pretty excited about the 1966 line. I have gotten to see a few of the prototype sculpts and they're pretty good. I have high hopes based on what they have shared, and I expect them to have an official announcement ready soon. The breadth of what they intend to do is pretty impressive, but I can't say more until they give us the go ahead.

So you've seen the head sculpts for the 8 inch scaled figures? And they're looking good? Plus this line will be extensive? Now that has my attention. I know no one has mentioned it yet, but it would be cool if they redid the Batcave exactly the way Mego did it. How much different is that in materials from the Mego Mad Monsters castle? H*ll, even I would buy that at the drop of a hat.

hedrap
Apr 15, '13, 8:42 AM
While I agree these are aimed at us, I wouldn't be surprised if some make it into the hands of children through their LCS.

So then the deduction, that this stemmed from going after the 66 license, was correct.

They know we, the audience focus which Kerowack is right on, are going to scrap the bodies if they're junk for a number of options. So why invest more, especially if you're not going retail?

So we're paying 25 for the molds, clothing, cardbacks. If that's the price, then I'll end up buying them because my kids love the 66 show.

If its more than that, they're going to have a problem moving more then 1 set/per person.

For my personal record, I'd like to state I think it sucks big sweatty ballz David Lee or Zica Craig weren't the ones to grab this. If any official line should have stemmed from the Museum, it's this one.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 15, '13, 9:07 AM
I think it sucks that I'm not the one making them. That being said, nothing underhanded happened. The license was available, and Figures Inc. made the deal. I believe they are making every effort to bring a quality product to market. If it works out as they intend, it won't be a Munsters or RAH scenario where the bodies get chucked. My biggest worry is what body they'll use for the females and if the heads will be in scale. I have yet to see an acceptable female body from them, and hero heads are way less forgiving than KISS figures with painted faces and Peg Bundy hair.

ScottA
Apr 15, '13, 10:14 AM
This might be a game changer if done right. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Goblin19
Apr 15, '13, 10:22 AM
Wow, a 66 line. I think that's a dream come true for most of us. The more extensive, the better.

hedrap
Apr 15, '13, 10:28 AM
I think it sucks that I'm not the one making them. That being said, nothing underhanded happened. The license was available, and Figures Inc. made the deal. I believe they are making every effort to bring a quality product to market. If it works out as they intend, it won't be a Munsters or RAH scenario where the bodies get chucked. My biggest worry is what body they'll use for the females and if the heads will be in scale. I have yet to see an acceptable female body from them, and hero heads are way less forgiving than KISS figures with painted faces and Peg Bundy hair.

I wasn't trying to imply it was underhanded. If I did, that's my bad.

I think A LOT of us are still trying to wrap our heads around the idea that no one here knew DC was open to this licensing.

HardyGirl
Apr 15, '13, 10:43 AM
A lot of the Mego collector have given their kids beater Megos. They'll have have "new" Megos in the package they can have the joy of ripping into them like we did. And BTW...I'm a Mego collector, and every kid who's ever come into this house loves playing w/ them, even though they're not my kids and weren't raised w/ them. So here's hoping that kids of collectors will show them to their other friends, and they'll think they're cool and want them, and their parents will say, "Hey I had those when I was a kid", and buy them. And then their friends will see it, and so it goes. Trends have to get started somehow. Too many people think, "Oh, kids today will never go for these", w/o giving the line a chance. You'd be surprised what today's kids like, if you introduce them to classic things.

Everybody who is excited about these for kids....what kids are getting their hands on these? Kids of Mego collectors? Sure. But those kids probably already have a bucket full of Mego figures. Kids of non collectors? A. Will never see these. B. will not have a parent shell out 20 for one figure. C. Want the batman that THEY know.

There are tons of kids in my family. They want video games and batman wears black in their world. These are for US. The average parent isn't hunting out specialty shops to purchase an obscure toy company's rerelease of a forty year old figure line.

Figuremod73
Apr 15, '13, 10:53 AM
Kids that have seen my Megos like them. Kids think their neat because of the scale and the clothes. I think kids who are still into toys would like them if they are exposed to them. The bigger problem is many kids are more interested in electronics now.

It would amaze alot of people if toys like this started showing up at Walmart again. It would most likely never happen but im sure it would cause some excitment. (until they saw the price)

EMCE Hammer
Apr 15, '13, 11:12 AM
I wasn't trying to imply it was underhanded. If I did, that's my bad.

I think A LOT of us are still trying to wrap our heads around the idea that no one here knew DC was open to this licensing.

No, you didn't imply it, sorry that it looked like I implied that you did. But I have seen some other posts that gave me a mental image of the more popular companies standing in line for the license only to be bullied out of the way by Figures Inc. I'm just hoping for the best, and by that I mean a positive reception on the forums that is rewarded by quality product. There's plenty of water under the bridge to splash around, I'd rather move forward.

Back to the licensing. I have no idea how Kickstarter would work for an endeavor like this. That being said, in my opinion there are plenty of other licenses out there that could be cool to pursue. If you're talking DC, there's a blue guy with a cape, a fast red guy, a guy who talks to fish.........a decent Mego JLA could be done without Batman if necessary. Then there's Marvel - the Captain Action guys pulled it off. My guess is that if Figures Inc. is successful with this round, they'll pursue more high profile properties.

PNGwynne
Apr 15, '13, 11:36 AM
I'm just hoping for the best, and by that I mean a positive reception on the forums that is rewarded by quality product.

I'm hoping for the best, too--and have been pleased by some recent CTVT offerings.

But, respectfully, it's a quality product that will be rewarded by positive reception here, not the other way around.

kerowack
Apr 15, '13, 11:45 AM
A lot of the Mego collector have given their kids beater Megos. They'll have have "new" Megos in the package they can have the joy of ripping into them like we did. And BTW...I'm a Mego collector, and every kid who's ever come into this house loves playing w/ them, even though they're not my kids and weren't raised w/ them. So here's hoping that kids of collectors will show them to their other friends, and they'll think they're cool and want them, and their parents will say, "Hey I had those when I was a kid", and buy them. And then their friends will see it, and so it goes. Trends have to get started somehow. Too many people think, "Oh, kids today will never go for these", w/o giving the line a chance. You'd be surprised what today's kids like, if you introduce them to classic things.

I totally agree that, if exposed, there are kids who would love these as much as we do. I just don't think that the company can bank on that to make this line successful. They are targeting ME. A guy who can't help but want to buy these figures and relive some of the most vibrant memories of my childhood. I'm all over these, but I'll still end up buying the kids in my family the halo game they want for Christmas and show them what I got. For what it's worth, I have a young brother in law who is obsessed with Gumby thanks to my figures.

Capt_Kirk
Apr 15, '13, 12:06 PM
I don't know if kids today would enjoy these figures like we did/do. Everything, encluding toys seems much darker now then we we were little. It would be interesting to see if they would like them but, they can't play with mine.

Werewolf
Apr 15, '13, 12:47 PM
I don't know if kids today would enjoy these figures like we did/do. Everything, encluding toys seems much darker now then we we were little.

In my opinion, adult collector demands on sculpts (grimacing, over sculpted, vein popping heroes), paint details and articulation have pushed many action figures right out of the interest range of children. Kids still like simple pleasing sculpts with bright colors and heroes that don't have angry constipated expressions.

The Toyroom
Apr 15, '13, 12:58 PM

I like what you're saying....Sounds very exciting

JediJaida
Apr 15, '13, 3:38 PM
Grrrrrr!!!!

Just kidding, EMCE! I know the need for secrecy is paramount in the toy business, so I'm willing to wait on them.

alex
Apr 15, '13, 3:48 PM
If the figures are in the same quality scale as the RA I would be happy, but I just dont want to pickup a figure and see it fall apart. Its a shame Mattel isnt continuing, because if we do see an extention, then the style will be changed. Hey Im easy, looking forward to seeing some new faces in Mego scale.

Brown Bear
Apr 15, '13, 4:08 PM
They will have new mego style bodies....sweet!

fallensaviour
Apr 15, '13, 4:52 PM
I'm excited for the new line and can't wait.
Wish it was doc but it's not.That aside this is going to be huge for mego-like figures.

pmwasson
Apr 15, '13, 5:02 PM
Posted on Facebook:

Figures Toy Company: "We may or may not have some big news tonight/tomorrow..."

Lord Mongo
Apr 15, '13, 5:03 PM
Has anyone ordered the new TT-inspired offerings? How is the quality?

You know thinking about that, the fact that they have the TT parts they are offering (except the heads) speaks volumes, Doc got cease and desist orders..

I was kind of wondering if DC looks at CTTV and EMCE as two very different animals. Think about it like this; EMCE remade the characters and had them in Toys R Us... if this news is true, CTTV is reproducing original Megos for a collector market. Mattel might not of felt like they could repro the old mego figures for mass market so they wanted them retooled, if CTTV only has permission to repro the old figures for a limited market, DC might just see them as a different animal all together.

have to pay Warner Bros.

Is it possible that instead of acquiring the license, they went to Mattel as a sub contractor? Couldnt someone do that with Hasbro, who currently had the Marvel deal?

Isnt Mattel already doing 12" DC?

Now then IMHO, Folks, those out there that are saying the kids will be playing with them, Not So Much.. I worry, that the 24.99 price point is on the way low side of guesses. IF they pull off half of what we are all praying for, I am betting the price will be closer to 39.99 each.. The fact that we havent heard an OFFICAL word from CTVT, no press releases, or even simple confirmation, fuels the worry, that July may have been quoted, but it didnt say 2013..

drmego
Apr 15, '13, 8:53 PM
Actually EMCE was a sub-contractor to Mattel. Mattel had the master license from DC and asked us to
do the design work on them, then Mattel did the production in their factory.

We did go to Hasbro with the same concept and they pointed to their Spider-Man Classic line from 2009
saying "we did megos already = and they didn't sell well".

I suspected that Figures got the '66 Batman because that is a new category outside of Mattel's master
license since the rights to the TV series was settled after Mattel signed their contract with Warner Bros.
Mattel is doing 12 inch and 6 inch TV Batman as well as continuing Batmobiles, Batboat, etc.

There is going to be a LOT of Batman TV merch in a few months. It was be like the last Star Trek movie
where Playmates did 3 3/4", 6 inch, 9 inch, and 12 inch. A lot of it sat on the shelves at Toys R Us.
I hope some of '66 products are delivered in waves so fans are not overwhelmed at retail.

MEGOMAN
Apr 15, '13, 9:20 PM
Actually EMCE was a sub-contractor to Mattel. Mattel had the master license from DC and asked us to
do the design work on them, then Mattel did the production in their factory.

We did go to Hasbro with the same concept and they pointed to their Spider-Man Classic line from 2009
saying "we did megos already = and they didn't sell well".

I suspected that Figures got the '66 Batman because that is a new category outside of Mattel's master
license since the rights to the TV series was settled after Mattel signed their contract with Warner Bros.
Mattel is doing 12 inch and 6 inch TV Batman as well as continuing Batmobiles, Batboat, etc.

There is going to be a LOT of Batman TV merch in a few months. It was be like the last Star Trek movie
where Playmates did 3 3/4", 6 inch, 9 inch, and 12 inch. A lot of it sat on the shelves at Toys R Us.
I hope some of '66 products are delivered in waves so fans are not overwhelmed at retail.

I hope so too Doc. But I do not think that they will.

MEGOMAN
Apr 15, '13, 9:28 PM
Figures Toy Company posted on their Facebook.....

"We may or may not have some big news tonight/tomorrow..."

scoth70
Apr 16, '13, 1:00 AM
exact repros are not good there killing the market for our good old originals

ODBJBG
Apr 16, '13, 1:02 AM
Thankfully this has nothing to do with Mattel. I like Mattel, but their constant mismanagement and insane quotas have destroyed far too many good toy lines. I'm pleased with how WB is optioning out the 66 line to so many different people. Whether this is an official or unofficial 66 line, either way, it's a great time to be a Bat fan. I look forward to what CTVT will do, though like Doc Mego, I do hope that the market doesn't become too saturated with this stuff.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that a lot of it will due just fine, though. CTVT has really milked the Kiss license for all it's worth, I can just imagine them doing amazing things with Batman. 66 or otherwise.

MIB41
Apr 16, '13, 5:56 AM
I started doing some price checking last night and interestingly the DC Retro Action line seems have picked up in prices. This is not true for every character, but a spot check on many like the Flash and Batman showed a healthy afterlife. It always amazes me how these figures can warm pegboards at a retail price, but fetch considerably more once they're gone. I guess accessibility, or the lack thereof, governs interest more than we like to admit.

Figuremod73
Apr 16, '13, 8:15 AM
^ Retro Action Wonder Woman goes as high as $60 bucks.

BATMAN89
Apr 16, '13, 9:06 AM
^ Retro Action Wonder Woman goes as high as $60 bucks.
Ya, and that sucks because I never got her.
She never showed up at our TRU'

hedrap
Apr 16, '13, 9:16 AM
RA Waves 1-3 certainly jumped. I think Sinestro is the only one that's remained soft. Even Luthor had a tick upward.

drmego
Apr 16, '13, 11:15 AM
The Retro Action figures really didn't warm pegs - the distribution was sabotaged,
and the inventory was dumped to wholesalers. Now demand is driving the prices
way up - and at the same time - making the case that these are popular figures.

But that's a discussion for another day.

MIB41
Apr 16, '13, 12:05 PM
Paul that has to be a rewarding feeling, if not somewhat bittersweet. But like I said many times before, we've got some serious fixes to the legendary Mego 'gaps'. Flash and Green Lantern now live!

Figuremod73
Apr 16, '13, 12:30 PM
I notice that Figures Inc. still hasnt made it official. I was hoping for pics of the actual product.

hedrap
Apr 16, '13, 1:04 PM
The Retro Action figures really didn't warm pegs - the distribution was sabotaged,
and the inventory was dumped to wholesalers. Now demand is driving the prices
way up - and at the same time - making the case that these are popular figures.

But that's a discussion for another day.

I'm still trying to figure out how Wave 2 went to closeouts like TJ Max, while I found one Wave 3 figure, Wonder Woman, at a TRU almost the same month - and have never seen a Wave 4 in the wild.

drogge
Apr 16, '13, 1:20 PM
Dr. Mego perhaps you can contact Figures. Inc and offer your services, it would be awesome to see your input on some their products. In any case, you hinted you were working on some other projects. I can not wait for the reveal. Are you working on some new lines, or creating new additions to existing lines?

Byrnes
Apr 16, '13, 1:27 PM
I started doing some price checking last night and interestingly the DC Retro Action line seems have picked up in prices. This is not true for every character, but a spot check on many like the Flash and Batman showed a healthy afterlife. It always amazes me how these figures can warm pegboards at a retail price, but fetch considerably more once they're gone. I guess accessibility, or the lack thereof, governs interest more than we like to admit.

True, I am trying to go back and get them and I've seen the prices even go up in the last 6 months. I might have bought them when they came out but I never saw any of them at the store except 1 Lex Luthor. I got into these well after they had been cancelled but had I seen more of them of the shelf at TRU I would have bought them then had I known about them.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 16, '13, 1:31 PM
I only saw Wave 1 and a few Two-Faces from Wave 2 at retail. Luckily I ordered my figures from EE, or I'd still be looking for many of them. Mattel and TRU REALLY screwed this line.

Chris

Figuremod73
Apr 16, '13, 2:11 PM
Only saw Luthor on the pegs at TR'U. Retro Action is what helped me "remember" Megos. I've never seen a toyline given such a slight chance of success.

Jetjungle75
Apr 16, '13, 2:21 PM
This new line due for release this July by Figures, is it going to be just the four figures in the Batman line, or do they intend to produce another series of the WGSH? Any ideas as to what we can expect?

madmarva
Apr 16, '13, 3:12 PM
Facebook announcement just hit. TV Batman,Tarzan, Gilligan, Dallas, Dukes, Conan, evel Kinevel

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:12 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559982_440617769365275_70986810_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Classic TV Series Batman Action Figures. These action figures are based upon the Classic TV Series. Series one will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker.

Future series will include The Penguin, Catwoman, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Shame, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, Batman (with removable cowl), Robin (with removable mask), The Joker in prison baseball outfit, The Joker in opera outfit, & The Joker in grey suit. Available in both 8 inch & 12 inch.

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:13 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547409_440617636031955_1912383394_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Batman Retro Action Figures. These action figures are exact reproductions of the original ones that were produced by Mego. Series one will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include many more characters that Mego released over the years. Available in 8 inch only.

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:14 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554820_440617782698607_849946618_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Dukes of Hazzard Action Figures. These action figures are based upon the Classic TV Series. Series one will include Bo & Luke Duke, Rosco & Boss Hogg. Future series will include Daisy Duke, Uncle Jesse, Cooter, Cletus Hogg, Enos & more. Available in both 8 inch & 12 inch.

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:14 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521629_440617856031933_1574676203_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Retro Tarzan & Jane Action Figures. Tarzan is an exact reproduction of the one that Mego released, while Jane is a Figures Toy Company original. Available in 8 inch only.

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:15 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/13992_440617679365284_768004598_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Conan The Barbarian, Solomon Kane & Kull The Conqueror Action Figures. These action figures are based upon the comic book series by Robert E. Howard. Conan The Barbarian is an exact replica of the original action figure that was released by Mego. Both Solomon Kane & Kull The Conqueror are Figures Toy Company originals. All three will be available in 8 inch only.

megoscott
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/734040_440617749365277_262494337_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Evel Knievel Action Figures. These action figures are based upon two different time periods in Evel Knievel's career. The first is from his Ceasar's Palace jump in 1967, and the second is from his Wembley Stadium Jump in 1975. Available in both 8 inch & 12 inch.

megoscott
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/14087_440617709365281_1936060538_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Dallas Action Figures. These action figures are based upon the Classic TV Series. The series will include JR Ewing action figures in two different styles: "Oil Tycoon" and "Who Shot JR". Available in 12 inch only.

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:16 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420838_440617806031938_1572169974_n.jpg

COMING SOON: Gilligan's Island Action Figures. These action figures are based upon the Classic TV Series. This series will include Gilligan & Skipper. Available in 12 inch only.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 16, '13, 3:16 PM
I'm speechless. DANG!!! The second coming of CTVT...

Chris

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:17 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/72810_440617626031956_1891458453_n.jpg

COMING SOON: KISS Action Figures Series 5 Based on the "Dressed to Kill" album that was released on March 19th, 1975.

These figures are highly detailed and feature 16 points of articulation. Their face paint and outfit's were derived from KISS's "Dressed to Kill" album that was released on March 19th, 1975. Each 8 inch figure comes with a commemorative "Dressed to Kill" mini 2 X 2 inch album cover, and each 12 inch figure comes with a mini concert t-shirt!

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:17 PM
Last one...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/551264_440617649365287_252642623_n.jpg

noelani72
Apr 16, '13, 3:20 PM
OMG those Farrow KISS heads look amazing...
and a Conan...holy hell.

drogge
Apr 16, '13, 3:20 PM
Holy sh*t!!!!

CrimsonGhost
Apr 16, '13, 3:22 PM
I'm down for Evel Knievel.

madmarva
Apr 16, '13, 3:24 PM
Hope they can pick up Flash Gordon at some point.

GordoCrisp
Apr 16, '13, 3:25 PM
I'm down for Evel Knievel.

I will second that!

Those KISS figures do indeed look sharp as well.

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 3:26 PM
Amazing line up of figures.

PNGwynne
Apr 16, '13, 3:31 PM
My mind is boggling.

Boywonder0
Apr 16, '13, 3:31 PM
Wow! 8" & 12" versions on most of them! I'm going to need a second job...

Werewolf
Apr 16, '13, 3:34 PM
Wow! That's mind blowing insane line up of figures and licenses.

Boywonder0
Oh my God! Tarzan & Conan also! I'll finally have the chance to face them 1:1 Whoooaaaa!!!

CrimsonGhost
So let's see:

'66 Batman is 8 & 12 inch
Batman Retro is 8 inch only
Dukes are 8 & 12 inch
Evel is 8 & 12 inch
Conan is 8 inch only
Tarzan is 8 inch only
Dallas is 12 inch only
Gilligan is 12 inch only

Interesting....

Timothy2251
Apr 16, '13, 3:35 PM
Well! Looks like I'll be spending some coin at CTVT this summer! So getting a Jane figure for my Mego Tarzan (gets lonely in the jungle. Cheetah's OK, but... c'mon.), and a Soloman Kane and Kull figures to go with my Mego Conan! I might even pick up a CTVT Conan, too! And a 60's Catwoman (Julie Newmar - not to slight the awesome Eartha Kitt and Lee Merriwether, but Newmar made me breathe funny when I was a wee lad).

And if the bodies still have issues, I'm going to Dr. Mego, buyin' some bodies and everyone wins!

Spyweb007
Apr 16, '13, 3:35 PM
Wow, that is a ton of new licenses to grab all at once. I never would have expected CTVT had enough money or investors to go all out like this.

drogge
Apr 16, '13, 3:48 PM
Does this mean Dr. Mego's proto-types are going to be produced?

madmarva
Apr 16, '13, 4:01 PM
Here are some more links that show cards and carting cases.

http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvbatmanactionfiguresseries1.aspx

http://figurestoycompany.com/retrobatmanactionfiguresseries1.aspx

Meule
Apr 16, '13, 4:32 PM
Batman 66 and Batman retro, with carrying cases and friggin cool cards... I'm gonna go bankrupt

Iron Mego
Apr 16, '13, 4:36 PM
Those cards are pretty dang cool. The scope of this is simply amazing.

Megotu
Apr 16, '13, 4:49 PM
So are these boogers gonna look like 66 Batman merchandise or 72 Batman megos? The two definitely are not interchangeable...

pmwasson
Apr 16, '13, 4:54 PM
Both! They announced two lines of Batman figures.

garfoot
Apr 16, '13, 5:02 PM
Wow the scope of this is amazing. I will be getting the mego Batman and '66 Batman for sure. I just preordered the Mego Batman series 1 at BBTS. Looks like they are going to run $25 each.

Megotu
Apr 16, '13, 5:14 PM
nobody has higher hopes than myself...or deeper fears...Man, these could so go either way...

Jetjungle75
Apr 16, '13, 5:15 PM
Wow the scope of this is amazing. I will be getting the mego Batman and '66 Batman for sure. I just preordered the Mego Batman series 1 at BBTS. Looks like they are going to run $25 each.

BBTS ? Do you have a link to this site?

Jetjungle75
Apr 16, '13, 5:21 PM
Dont worry, I have found it!!

Hedji
Apr 16, '13, 5:42 PM
I fear for my wallet over the price of the 12 inch figures.

johnmiic
Apr 16, '13, 5:42 PM
These will probably sell:

'66 Batman 8 & 12 inch
Batman Retro 8 inch only

These might sell:

Conan 8 inch
Tarzan 8 inch
Dukes 8 & 12 inch

These will most certainly be peg warmers:

Evel 8 & 12 inch
Dallas 12 inch
Gilligan 12 inch

hedrap
Apr 16, '13, 6:08 PM
I am praying they've resolved the watemelon female head issues.

Hell, I'm praying they've re-tooled the entire female design.

At minimum, I guess as long as the heads are in scale, everything else is customizable.