Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I think the suits are original, the colors are all off because they had to do something to make Joker's hands show against the white background.

I have to wonder if someone didn't let the cat out of the bag early. They usually post to their sites first.

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

Dang.... that's huge! If this is for real it's a game changer... They gotta work out the quality issues, but if DC rides hard on that? It should be super successfull!

Dave

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

I'm really happy about this, but I foresee it becoming a divisive issue here. I hope it doesn't though.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

When I first saw EMCEs Trek figs, I hoped for WGSH done in the same fashion...instead, Mattel went a different direction.
          While I'd rather EMCE been behind these figs...this is really be interesting.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Looks like our second chance at retro DC guys. Let's hope Figures/CTVT can get it right and make Mattel ashamed of themselves.

Comment

• Zemo
              Still Smokin'
              • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by David Lee
              Dang.... that's huge! If this is for real it's a game changer... They gotta work out the quality issues, but if DC rides hard on that? It should be super successfull!

Dave
              Ditto!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

Putting my worries aside, i wouldnt mind one of those Jokers and Riddlers and hopefully a Batgirl will be in the future.

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

Great stuff to give to the kids, instead of beater originals. Cant really see the collector side, hopefully prices on originals will go down

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

be really cool if they fix the scale issues with Robin and the Titans. I imagine the Titans will be done too, since most of the work for them is already done at CTVT.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

As long as the girl bodies are made of better material than what they have on offer, I will probably buy a Batgirl. IF they make her!!!!

I really, really, REALLY hate to be a downer here, but with the issues that CTVT/Figures Toys has had in the past with their stuff, it might be a good idea to simply keep an eye out, hope for the best and plan for the worst.

I'm just sorry that Doc isn't making these; if he were we KNOW we'd get a good product, with no issues of any kind (except the too tight stringing of the gals, but that can be fixed.)

And if the figures themselves are poo-poo, we can pop off the heads, strip off the outfits and put them on better bodies.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^ I was thinking the same thing.

Their previous attemps at re-mego have been mostly shoddy. I can't quite wrap my head around how they might have secured licensing.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

I'd rather it was Doc Mego as well, CTVT's quality has just been so bad I have not bought anything of theirs since they reissued the Mego Knights. I even passed on the Kiss figures because of the quality issues with the knights. I would love to see these made, but I gotta say I won't buy them if the quality is poor.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• garfoot
                            Museum Patron
                            • Aug 28, 2012

Does anyone own any of the KISS figures buy this company? Just wondering about quality of their products. I hope this does turn out to be a reality because I would get all of these. I liked the mattel ones, but I would love ones that were exact replicas of the 1970's versions. These would look good next to my SMDM and upcoming BBT figures.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Wow....just wow. I'll believe it when I see it.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Has anyone ordered the new TT-inspired offerings? How is the quality?
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎