X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

All Star: BATMAN & ROBIN#5...Ugh!

It seems to Me Frank Miller is intentionally trying to Sabotage His previous Classic writting's of Batman storie's. Nobody argues that "TDKR"...and "Batman: YearOne"...were Classic's...and Miller at His BEST! But now...it's like He's trying to Ruin all that...with His UGLY, Tasteless, writting of All Star:Batman & Robin! Every fiber in My being wants to cancel this Book in protest...but because of JIM LEE'S AMAZING Art...I just can't do it!! Not when Jim can still draw Batman like this:
    sigpic
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

try this, don't read the book just enjoy the art, works for me

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Stop wasting money on it and re-read Hush if you need a Lee Bat fix that bad. Don't support the book and it will go away.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Stop wasting money on it and re-read Hush if you need a Lee Bat fix that bad. Don't support the book and it will go away.

I hear Ya...and I agree! But I'm Powerless to resist NEW Jim Lee Bat-Pic's!
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
          I hear Ya...and I agree! But I'm Powerless to resist NEW Jim Lee Bat-Pic's!

and that, folks, is why comics like this exist.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

and that, folks, is why comics like this exist.

I wish I could argue...but Sucker's like Me keep buying the Book. Throw in My favorite Character...along with My favorite Artist...and They got Me! To Hell with the Writting!
            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

I dumped this after the first issue...sheer crap wrapped up in pretty pictures...that's all it is folks. And they're only on issue #5? How long does it take to write junk like this, Miller?
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• joshvox
                Clown Prince of Crime
                • Mar 21, 2006

what has happened to Miller? I was really excited about this book.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by joshvox
                  what has happened to Miller? I was really excited about this book.
                  He's pretty much become a hack IMO
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Dave Mc
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 20, 2002

Miller can still write, just not for DC. Since he took on DK2 and this series for DC, I get the feeling he's turing out total crap on purpose and laughing his *** off all the way to the bank.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I'm more than a little worried about what Miller's going to do to The Spirit in the movie he's directing.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I'm more than a little worried about what Miller's going to do to The Spirit in the movie he's directing.

Well...Miller has already stated that it would be Dark & Violent in tone. But I don't know much about the Character...so I don't know if that would be staying true to it.

but what's hard....is watching Him take a Character You love...and destroy him!
                        Last edited by The Bat; May 28, '07, 5:02 AM. Reason: missed word
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

He already stated that Ebony is not going to happen in the movie, because the character doesn't work today. Darwyn Cooke is proving Miller wrong on a monthly basis.

Comment

• BrianK
                            Mego Cheapskate
                            • Mar 7, 2003

I have to agree with Dave. Miller is doing this on purpose to get back at DC. They keep feeding him money for this crap and he is enjoying himself. I also think that Hollywood has gone to his head.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Not a real fan of reading this book either.
                              I am more upset that Lee is trying to draw this book, & his Wildcat's relaunch at the same time. So, Both of these books are delayed months, & months after they are suppost to be out. I wish Lee would drop this crap & just go draw the Cats.. The first issue was great & I have been waiting 4or5 months for the second.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎