X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jase25
    MarshallMadeCollectibles
    • Jan 8, 2009

Washing a White MegoBuck Rogers Outfit

Hey there everybody - I recently purchased a number of old 12" Mego Buck Rogers items, one of the Bucks has never been out of the box but he does have the yellowing staining on his tunic/top. I was wondering what is the best way to clean this? Oxy-Clean? Also going to attempt to save the right arm band during this process but if not is anyone know of any members out there that make 12" Buck repo stickers? Thanks in advance.
    Sincerely,
    Jase
    Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Definitely Oxy-Clean. The stuff works wonders.

Just don't use DidiSeven. It smells horrible, and strips ALL of the moisture from your hands. And it also strips color from colored items.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Jase25
      MarshallMadeCollectibles
      • Jan 8, 2009

Okay did my Oxy-Clean today and while it did clean Captain Rogers uniform - I still have these yellowish stains around the waist of the tunic and at the top of his stretch white pants. Now I'm not too worried about any process you guys throw at me...after all I got this Buck for only $20 on eBay and he came MIB...so the doll body and shoes and everything else is in perfect condition...the head is a half and half zombie-fied...(he was hanging out with Merle from the Walking Dead)...but I would really like to perfect a way to clean these because I have another Buck MIB that is damn near perfect, head and all minus his outfit is starting to slight show some slight signs of aging (yellowing)....now maybe I didn't Oxy-Clean correctly this time. Now if you needed me to jet carb on a bike I could do it in my sleep...cleaning my figures clothes and I'm lost. So any help. Is it safe to leave the outfit in a jar of Oxy overnight??
      Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
        Time to feed the cat
        • Dec 30, 2007

maybe one of those tide laundry pens might work, but Oxy ussually does the best job.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

If the outfit is colored, the DON'T leave it in the Oxy overnight.

I did that once and it faded!

I don't know why it would start yellowing from age so soon, considering that the figure isn't all that old. And how in the heck can the head become zombified??? Mine sure isn't! But then, I don't expose it to sunlight.

Hmmmmm....try one of the Tide pens or a bleach pen on the yellow stains. That might work.

Whatever you do, DON'T use Didi Seven. That stuff is super harsh, smells awful, and strips every ounce of moisture from your hands.
          JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Cause its a 12 inch Mego Buck, not a Zica. RIF.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Oh.

I sure do feel silly.
              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢