X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I got a couple of Breyers

I got a couple of Breyer female bodies in the mail today, and to my surprise, they are quite good.

Built along the same lines as the Mego Gals, with gripper hands (that are shockingly loose in the wrist. Same thing for the feet; they are loose in the ankles.)

From what I can see on the inner part of the torso and hips, they are held together with transparent silicon bands that look to be quite sturdy, with no need of restringing.

I got the Megan type, which has an even BIGGER head than Mary Ellen Walton!!!!

So, I popped off the heads, and placed one of the cake pick type heads on it. It looked to be in better proportion than the Megan head, which is really quite pretty, if humongous.

Then, not really liking the look of what seems to be a head better suited to a 9 or 10 inch body, I popped off the other head, and put another cake pick head on it.

The only REAL complaint I have is that neither of them can stand on their own; I've tried and they tip over!

But that is a very minor complaint, all in all.

I don't know if the boil and pop method of switching hands will work yet, but I'll keep everyone informed.
    JediJaida
  • sallie138
    • Mar 17, 2013

The Taylor head is the best, make sure you get long loose hair. The dressage "buns" are all but bald when you un-ravel it. Their hips/legs make for great apes/zombies ...etc.. as the feet are for stirrups and can turn outward. So, you can have Gorilla/'Tan/Chimp grrrls with a simian gate.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎