X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jase25
    MarshallMadeCollectibles
    • Jan 8, 2009

Retro Action Tim Drake Robin

My Batman was getting very lonely so I had to make him a friend....Tim Drake "ROBIN" the Teen Wonder. He is made on a re-strung and fixed Retro Action Body...suit and belt by CTT, Boots Mattel, Head is a shrunk DC Green Arrow, and Cape, Gaunlets, and paint by me. Hope you like him...think he turned out pretty well, but makes my Batman look a bit Cartoonish...so I might be making a Batman of my own to go with him. Any good Batman heads out there??? If you have one to sell PM me. Thanks.

robin1.jpg
    robin2.jpg
    robin3.jpg
    robin4.jpg
    robin5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jase
    Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1
  • Jase25
    MarshallMadeCollectibles
    • Jan 8, 2009

Few more pics....

robin7.jpg
    robin6.jpg
    robin8.jpg
    robin9.jpg
    robin10.jpg

Again - Thanks everyone...getting custom of the week this week for my Spectre figure was a thrill and surprise. Take care - Jase
    Thanks ~ Jase

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

Looks amazing, awesome job on the cape!

Comment

• mikeoz
        Mego Maker
        • Mar 9, 2007

Very nice work! I agree, that cape is amazing.
        Looking for:
        Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• battmasterson
          Career Member
          • Dec 22, 2010

Nice work. Great Job.

Comment

• piecemaker
            There's no need to fear..
            • Jan 26, 2009

Very nice!

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Very awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Another great custom. Love the figure and the outfit. My only suggestion is the head may have stood a touch more shrinking.

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

It Looks great, However that head doesn't make him look like a Teen anymore.Keep up the good work.
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

You would think that Mattycollector would have made at least 1 exclusive version of Robin - instead of 4 different Green lanterns! call me crazy - but I'm still hoping they do it some where down the road.

Your figure looks great! have to love how the yellow and black just POP off the red suit.
                    great job!
                    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• newlyknighted
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 21, 2010

Nicely done!
                      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• almitysufx
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 27, 2004

bravo!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Looks great - that is one of my favorite general purpose heads. How do you join the layers of your capes together?

Comment

• Jase25
                            MarshallMadeCollectibles
                            • Jan 8, 2009

Vinny0026....I know...two Sinestros?...no Robin....Martain Manhunter before Robin....No Joker....ahhh if only. I am glad they hit on a lot of characters Mego didn't (Always been a DC nut)...but it still leaves me wanting more...hence the reason I'm addicted to making these things! Honestly I love the medium but I've been a 1/6 scale customizer for over a decade. Every once in a blue moon I did something this scale...but not now...I'm pumping out 2 to 3 a week.
                            Originally posted by Vinny0026
                            You would think that Mattycollector would have made at least 1 exclusive version of Robin - instead of 4 different Green lanterns! call me crazy - but I'm still hoping they do it some where down the road.

Your figure looks great! have to love how the yellow and black just POP off the red suit.
                            great job!
                            Thanks ~ Jase

Comment

• Jase25
                              MarshallMadeCollectibles
                              • Jan 8, 2009

EMCE Hammer - the cloth I used for this two tone cape is actually swim suit material. It is water resistant - I've done this for large projects but I find in this scale it is all about how to get your material to lay so it doesn't look freakishly stiff. The material since it is water resistant - allows me to paint one side while maintaining the color and feel of the material on the other side. The Paint I use for stuff that flows I use Liquitex - mixed with a thinner so I can either airbrush or in this case foam roller (either way leaves a nice neat appearance with zero brush strokes...which in this scale look terrible) on a small square piece of the fabric. once it dries it's flexible without cracking although it does want to curl a little around the scallop edges of Tim's cape. The nice thing though is once you get ready to cut your cape to size and shape you want you no longer have to worry about fraying because in essence the Liquitex acts as a fray stop. This leaves you with a nice flat (extremely thin) piece of material to make a PDC (Pretty Damn Cool) cape. Works out nice for an effective 70's Batman cape - Blue outside/Black inside...Alan Scott Green Lantern and so on. MY bigger capes like on my Spectre figure are done the old fashion way of two pieces of material sewn on the sewing machine in a large semi circle, but in his case because I wanted all my green to match I mixed my paint to match dead on the color of fabric I was using...so his booties/hands/gaunlets/trunks all matched the cape I made...nothing worst then 5 different shades of green on one figure...unless I was making a Swamp Thing. LOL!
                              Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              Looks great - that is one of my favorite general purpose heads. How do you join the layers of your capes together?
                              Last edited by Jase25; Mar 25, '13, 11:28 AM.
                              Thanks ~ Jase

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎