X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Question on the CTVT child body

I've read many threads in the past regarding the general quality (or people's opinions) of CTVT's products, so this thread is not about those general issues...

The specific question is this: Does anyone who owns one think their child body is any good? I have one that I bought a few years ago, and it's been in the junk box almost since the time I got it... The reason: The right forearm was very brittle and it broke at the elbow almost right away... I know that in past threads, I've read where people seemed to say that certain items all have the same quality issue(s), and I'm wondering if a brittle right forearm on the kid body is something that seems to apply to all of them or if I just got a bad one?

The reason I'm asking is because I think I might order a new one but won't if this seems to be a problem with the child body overall... So, if anyone has one that they've had good luck with, please let me know...

(PS: I was able to buy a far superior Dr. Mego child size body from a MM member a little while ago... The reason I'm looking into a CTVT child body is because it's a little darker so it'd match the head I have to put on it...)
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

CTVT's child 5 inch body is $6. Dr. Mego's is on sale for $5. Buy a Dr. Mego for quality purposes.

Update: Sorry, didn't see about the color matching issue.
    Last edited by dr_cyclops; Feb 12, '13, 11:04 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

I only bought one CTVT version and it broke immediately upon moving the arm at the elbow.

DM's version is great. I've managed to dye the bodies and restring with great success.

If the body is not exposed then use a DM but if you have to expose parts of the bodies such as the arms, then try dying first or get a MEGO Little Rascals body.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Are you talking about the teen titan size body or the little rascal bodies. i have the kids body fro ctvt and so far so good... but Doc will have these soon he said so when they become available i would use his for quality purposes... and if there are any issues with the bodies no one beats Doc for service!!!

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

^^ I believe he is referencing the kid size body aka little rascals aka 5" body. The 6" body is a teen body from CTVT. Mego or DM will carry the 7" body which I assume is the same as the 6" minus the head. I don't know the exact measurements for the 6" since I never ordered a teen body from CTVT. I always use a Lion Rock body.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

SeattleEd is right, I'm referring to the 5" body...

You mentioned that so far you've had good luck with the kid body you bought from CTVT... Are you talking about the 5" one, or the 6" body? (I'm guessing you're meaning the 5" body?)

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
            Are you talking about the teen titan size body or the little rascal bodies. i have the kids body fro ctvt and so far so good... but Doc will have these soon he said so when they become available i would use his for quality purposes... and if there are any issues with the bodies no one beats Doc for service!!!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
              Permanent Member
              • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by apes3978
              SeattleEd is right, I'm referring to the 5" body...

You mentioned that so far you've had good luck with the kid body you bought from CTVT... Are you talking about the 5" one, or the 6" body? (I'm guessing you're meaning the 5" body?)
              Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant the Teen 6 inch body, so far it is holding up.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2, 2012

I'm confused! I have NO idea what bodies you're talking about.

5, 6 or 7 inches? With head? Without head?

I feel like this thread needs a key chart.

Comment

• nobody
                  banjo!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

I agree, are Titans 7 inch, or 6 inch bodies?. When we talk about Mego, it's an 8 inch figure, but we say 8 Inch body. Let's try to get our termonology correct.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2012

Thanks megoknight. I thought it was just me.

Does this help, as this is what I've determined in my short while investigating Mego type figures:

1. Standard 8" adult figure = 7" adult body + head
                    2. Taller 7" teen figure = 6" body + head (Lion Rock, Teen Titans)
                    3. Shorter 6" teen figure = 5" body + head (CTVT)
                    4. Child figure = 4" body + head (Little Rascals, CTVT)

I may well be wrong on some of the points, but I'm willing to be corrected.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

• 5" body aka "Little Rascals/Our Gang body" or "child body" from Mego, DM and CTVT
                      • 6.5" body aka CTVT male body or teen body from CTVT
                      • 7" body aka "Lion Rock body" or "Teen Titan body" or DM teen body" from Mego/Lion Rock and DM
                      • 8" body from Mego/Palitoy DM, CTVT, Castaway, Paco, Neca, BK ,Type3..etc.
                      • 9" body from Mego/Palitoy and Matchbox
                      • 12" Body from Mego/Palitoy and CTVT

I would ascertain that the 6" could be slightly more bigger as seen in the photo below. Robin is on a 7" body and Billy Batson is on a 6" body.

Photo courtesy of Magyar1964
                      Last edited by SeattleEd; Feb 15, '13, 12:21 PM. Reason: Edit to reflect true 6" height.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

SeattleEd,

I think your list should clear things up... It looks like it covers all the bases...

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

To me, it's easier just to think of them as adult, teen and child bodies.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jan 17, 2011

I just took a ruler to both my Titans Robin and Billy Batson and there is about 1/2 inch difference in height from heel to neck line.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                              SynthoRes Transmigrator
                              • Oct 24, 2007

^Figured. Basically the CTVT 6" Teen body is a 7" Lion Rock/Teen Titan body that shrunk when they made the molds, I would conclude based on your proof.

So changed the list above to reflect true size. 6.5"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎