X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I despise CGC...

But if someone wants to pay me mucho money for a book I paid 50 cents for I'll get a book CGC'd. Anyone no where I can get some books CGC'd here in New York??? Call me a hypocrite...but I have some books that I know would grade higher than a 9.0. Thanks for any help on this.
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I hate that as well... , I hate graded Action Figure More though.. definatly threw you a curve ball in collecting vintage items.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• brineb
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 26, 2006

What I hate about the grading is the cost!!! I prefer to buy old "reader copies" of stuff I want to read ... I may have 1,000s of comics in boxes, but I did read them all and sometimes I go back and reread them, how can you do that in a sealed plastic case???

I do love the Showcase reprints, they're a great way to cheaply read a lot of classic stuff!!!
      I also play with other dolls:
      http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• brucerocks23
        • May 23, 2007

I also am not a big fan of CGC. I am not sure why you would buy a comic that you cant read or look at. The only possible reason is that you would be more of an investor than collector

Comment

• LadyZod
          Superman's Gal Pal
          • Jan 27, 2007

CGC has it's purpose.

It's mostly for investors and collectors who want to purchase high grade items for the sake of owning them and possibly preserving them, not reading them. It's doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them different than those of us who collect for fun and interactivity.

It's no different than having minty carded figured graded and slabbed. You can't play with the figure, but then again, chances are if you bought a minty carded figure, you weren't planning on playing with it.

I myself have issue with the lack of consistency in grading, but that has more to do with the human factor involved in grading than the general enterprise.

As for where you get a book CGC'd... there's only one place. The actual CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Fl. If you go to their website, they have instructions on how to pack your comics and where to ship them to. YOu can find local dealers in your town where you can "drop" them off at if you wish, but they won't grade them there. In fact, the dealer will just pack it up and ship it to CGC himself. You're just involving a third party in the shipping aspect.

Sometimes CGC has reps go to some conventions and they do on site grading. I don't know how that works, since part of the process is slabbing the book in the plastic holder.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
          Check out my art:
          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎