X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

Making a custom thor

I think Mego's thor figure is one of their best. Nice-looking head , great gear and costume. But the rooted hair just bugs me. I know it's character-accurate, but it ends up all over the place (as rooted hair will) and distracts from the look I'd want Thor to have.

I was thinking of starting a custom Thor, but wondering what tips people had for the head/hair. I assume there may be some nice heads with sculpted hair? Or are there ways to get the hair to behave?
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Aloe vera gel. A little smear on the top, then comb it through.

I don't recommend any of the stuff that hairdressers use; there are too many chemicals in it that may interact negatively with the plastic.

100% aloe vera gel is your best bet.

Either that or a spritz of pump hair spray to control flyaways.

A teeny spritz, mind you; not a full strength one.
    JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Maybe a Pez head--they have molded detailing?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jackson5677
        Banned
        • Oct 19, 2008

Comment

• megalomaniac001
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

I agree with you on Thor's hair. For my Thor, I sculped hair onto a resin Thor head (and the helmet as well the wings are from a wedding cake dove!) I am by no means a great sculpter (as you can see) but I am happy enough with the results.

Thor back.jpgThor top.jpg

Comment

• silveralex
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 22, 2012

thanks for all the suggestions - very helpful.
            And megalomaniac001, your Thoor loks great! That's really what I was thinking might be the way to go. (now to find a wedding cake ! )

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎