X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Mego sized desk

I'm looking for a mego sized office desk. Nothing fancy, just 4 legs and few drawers. Any ideas where I'd find one? Thanks for looking
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Alot of "Barbie scale" furniture is actually too small for Barbie and is more Mego scale.You could find one of those and paint it or you could make your own out of wood,plastic or even cardboard.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by piecemaker
      Alot of "Barbie scale" furniture is actually too small for Barbie and is more Mego scale.You could find one of those and paint it or you could make your own out of wood,plastic or even cardboard.
      Thanks. I hadn't considered making my own.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>you could make your own out of wood,plastic or even cardboard

Corrugated carboard is humanity's greatest invention!!!! Anyhoo; yeah, making your own shouldn't be too tough. Balsa wood is good. Easy to cut, easy to glue. (I prefer Lepage's "Bond Fast.")

Check the dollar stores too. I've found a lot of good stuff in the craft section.

Don C.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I made a desk and I didn't like it, so I gave it to my daughter to play with. I'm surprised I couldn't find a Barbie scale brown plastic office desk.

The closest I came was the Welcome back Kotter classroom desk, but still no luck.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Lately, the dollar store has been carrying dollhouse furniture. I know there is a difference in scale, maybe a kitchen table would work as a Mego desk?

Comment

• piecemaker
              There's no need to fear..
              • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              I made a desk and I didn't like it, so I gave it to my daughter to play with. I'm surprised I couldn't find a Barbie scale brown plastic office desk.

The closest I came was the Welcome back Kotter classroom desk, but still no luck.
              What did you make it out of?...and finding Barbie furniture that isn't pink or blue is tough,if even possible,lol.You would have to paint it.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                learning all the time
                • Sep 15, 2010

I searched in vain a while ago for mego scale furniture before I decided to make my own desk and chair.
                the mock ups were just paper and the final desk was balsa wood. the chair was cardboard and pleather, mostly.
                it may be more work than you're ready for but you can be as detailed as you want and the scale should be perfect.
                it might even be fun! (it was for me)

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎