Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMCE's APES repros,are they in jeopardy? (I felt this deserved it's own thread.)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

EMCE's APES repros,are they in jeopardy? (I felt this deserved it's own thread.)

Personally, I do not believe the source of this information, as he has been know to stretch the truth on occasions, but someone on one of the APES message boards just posted this today regarding the EMCE repros of the APES line:

*** I've heard from a reliable source that the announcement about POTA Megos by Diamond Toys may have been premature and that not everything is together yet.

I don't know what the exact problem is but the re-issue of the figures is in jeopardy. ***

Now, I've yet to read ANYTHING here in the MM threads about this topic that would even imply there may be trouble... Again, I do not believe the guy, and unless I see a post from Dr. Mego or anyone else associated with EMCE Toys, I will continue to believe they are going to come out as scheduled.

If anyone has anything that may verify the guys story, please post it here.

PS: Just in case anyone has any doubts that this thread exists on the POTA board, please PM me with your email address and I will fwd. it to you.
  • GreenLantern9999
    GL of Mego Sector
    • Oct 8, 2007

Just to let you guys know I own a comic book store and Cornelius and the Soldier Ape are both in this moths previews (our order form) And are available to order from Diamond Comics Distributors. Now I have never had a problem with ordering anything from them and it not shipping but I have been told it could happen but as far as I am concerned I am not worried about it I hope this info helps.
    ~Patrick
    No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Also...the Doc has already shown Us the Prototypes.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

I can confirm they are in this month's previews and will be on my site for pre-order hopefully this weekend, once i confirm pricing.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

I figured the guy was full of it...

When I asked him point blank where he got this information (be it from Dr. Mego or someone else associated with EMCE Toys) he had had absolutely no reply at all. He is the "moderator" of the board which I read his rumor on, so had full access to the question before it was even posted... If he wanted to answer me privately, he had the opportunity and didn't take advantage of it... That right there proves to me he made it all up...

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

Made it up or simply heard something which turned out to be untrue and is now embarrassed to have blurted it out.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,.. Unless it comes from the Doc's Mouth, I would not believe any negative "Rumor" Crap.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• rikitikitavi
                Museum Mongoose
                • Aug 15, 2003

Where did Doc show us the protoypes?

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by rikitikitavi
                  Where did Doc show us the protoypes?

Here.
                  sigpic

Comment

• gman
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 4, 2002

I think he meant "Is there a link to the pictures" -- I don't remember them and I'd love to see them."
                    Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Here's a link to the picture.

EMCE's APES figures - Page 5 - Mego Talk
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

Actually I didn't show you the prototypes - a retailer took the pictures off Diamond's
                        server and posted them for pre-orders before they were officially released.

As for this rumor - I know I didn't start it. As far as I know, everything is cool
                        between DST and EMCE Toys. If there is any jeopardy regarding this line, it
                        would be news to me.

Whenever I hear a rumor like this, I try to think who would benefit from spreading
                        it.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Also...the Doc has already shown Us the Prototypes.
                          Actually I posted the images here. I got them from an online retailer.
                          Scott

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎