X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

CTVT pee pee stance fix

I don't know if this has been done before...
    I decided that maybe Plasti-Dip used on the hip joint of the upper leg, of a CTVT body,
    may help stop the movement of the legs inward, which gives you the pee pee stance.
    It seems to be better.
    ctvt_plasti-dip_legs_original.jpg
    I had previously dipped the pelvis too, but then there is too much Plasti-Dip, and the legs don't fit into the pelvis as well, and I think it would restrict the movement too much.

What do you all think?

White bodies are cheap, and I intend to use many for some future customizing. Plus, I may resurrect some of the old parts I have laying around, from figures that had to pee all the time. LOL
    Last edited by BATMAN89; Feb 9, '13, 2:39 PM. Reason: Updated the image
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

I've found that restringing helps to remove the "Pee Pee stance". When I started restringing the 6 inch CTVT male bodies, I realized that this alone did not improve the body's preformance enough. Your plastic dip solution is a great idea!

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Dino,

You might want to get a Doc Mego 6". Must better quality and durability. Plus no issues. Also, if you string them, they are much more articulated.

As for the solution to CTVT bodies, I found that utilizing a classic Mego pelvis with proper re-stringing makes it much better.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        Dino,

You might want to get a Doc Mego 6". Must better quality and durability. Plus no issues. Also, if you string them, they are much more articulated.

As for the solution to CTVT bodies, I found that utilizing a classic Mego pelvis with proper re-stringing makes it much better.
        Perhaps calling them a 6 inch body is inaccurate. I meant the teen male as opposed to the child. I have a doc child body, it's great. I'm just not being clear enough. Oh how I wish someone would do decent teen bodies, both male and female in the size of the Lion Rock scale. The CTVT teen males, not only being smaller than Mego teen Lion Rock, have a molding imperfection that smooths out the tiny bumps on the upper torso lower piece that fits in the waist. This Plastic Dip technique could replace the masking tape I added to help correct this problem.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

The plasti-dip solution is pretty slick! I've redone a few CTVT bodies to eliminate the dance; mostly I run a wooden toothpick through the ball of the upper leg, after removing the plastic hook.... and restring a'la T1. It seems to me that the REAL reason for the peepee dance isn't the stringing, it's the metal bits; they're a bit too big for the conectors, and they're way soft; so they bend.

Don C.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
            Perhaps calling them a 6 inch body is inaccurate. I meant the teen male as opposed to the child. I have a doc child body, it's great. I'm just not being clear enough. Oh how I wish someone would do decent teen bodies, both male and female in the size of the Lion Rock scale. The CTVT teen males, not only being smaller than Mego teen Lion Rock, have a molding imperfection that smooths out the tiny bumps on the upper torso lower piece that fits in the waist. This Plastic Dip technique could replace the masking tape I added to help correct this problem.
            That makes sense. Might have to order one to try it out. I've managed to re-string Lion Rock bodies with great success and actually like the posing much better than the 8" counterpart.

Comment

• toiletmonkey
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 28, 2010

if anyone knows a place to get desent lion rock scale bodies CTVT doesnt sale em anymore and they seem for some reason to be getting very hard to find?

TM
              Think of what you want to be...Then call on me.
              -Action Jackson

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by toiletmonkey
                if anyone knows a place to get desent lion rock scale bodies CTVT doesnt sale em anymore and they seem for some reason to be getting very hard to find?
                TM
                Sent you a PM with a link to Bud Bundy bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

FYI CTVT teen male bodies are shorter than the Mego-teen/Lion Rock bodies, and more challenging to re-string than their regular male bodies.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

Geez, I wonder why they made them shorter.
                    Thanks for the info.
                    I wish Dr. Mego would make some Teen Titan sized bodies!

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>I wonder why they made them shorter.

Shrinkage during the manufacturing process, I suspect. I'm thinkin' they used actual, old figures for the prototype.

>I wish Dr. Mego would make some Teen Titan sized bodies!

Yeah.

Don C.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by ctc
                        Shrinkage during the manufacturing process, I suspect.
                        Man, I hate shrinkage!
                        "I was in the pool!"

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

It's fun to fix CTVT bodies!

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                          I've found that restringing helps to remove the "Pee Pee stance". When I started restringing the 6 inch CTVT male bodies, I realized that this alone did not improve the body's preformance enough. Your plastic dip solution is a great idea!
                          I have been restringing some CTVT bodies, with the method that dr_cyclops has shown us, and loving it.

With the Plasti_Dip method I did on this one though, I am reusing the original rubberbands that came with the figure.
                          What I found works better now that the legs have been dipped, I don't have to cross the rubberbands anymore.
                          Just like Dr. Mego uses the straight, not twisted bands in his bodies.

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

I've found the pelvis a little too small so I've dremeled the pelvis around the legholes.Basically getting rid off the small line around the legholes and found that to work as well.It takes about 2 minutes.
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• BATMAN89
                              Mego obsessed!!!
                              • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                              I've found the pelvis a little too small so I've dremeled the pelvis around the legholes.Basically getting rid off the small line around the legholes and found that to work as well.It takes about 2 minutes.
                              Really?
                              i thought the holes were not the right shape, and the bottom of the groin area could have been wider. That's why I dipped them, to make the legs fit tighter.

When you do that, do the legs stop pinching together?

My Good Trader's List
                              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍