Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Phibes
    • Feb 2, 2008

Warlord Of Mars

Hi all... anybody ever read the Edgar Rice Burroughs series of books about John Carter? Some of my favorite reads as a kid(still today too). I read somewhere somebody trying to make into a movie but won't be completed untill sometime between 2009 and 2012. Anybody heard anything about this? I think if done right will make a great movie.
  • ShadowAvenger
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

I read a few books in the series and I liked them. I had read that the movie's working title is either John Carter of Mars or A Princess of Mars. I had also read that it was going to be live action one time and animated the next. I would like to see either version made.
    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Vortigern99
      Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
      • Jul 2, 2006

Princess of Mars was going to shoot right here in Austin by Robert 'SIN CITY' Rodriguez, but a planned special effects studio (on the site of the old airport) was not built, so the project stalled. I've no idea whose hands the film is now in. I hope Rodriguez makes it after SIN CITY 2 and 3, which he's shooting back-to-back as we speak.

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

I too am a fan of Edgar rice Burroughs great adventure novels. I may be in the minority by preferring the Carson and Pellucidar series to Mars, but they are all great stuff.

Last official news I heard, the guy (cant remember his name??)who was responsible for Sky Captain was helming the film, and presumably using the technology he created to make Sky Captain to bring ERB's world of Mars to life. Unfortunately, because Disney is involved, the licensing is pretty much predetermined and already locked in before the first roll of film is in the can!!
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

If the Sky Captain director is involved, it should be good. Too bad that movie didn't do better. Would have been nice to see a trend of retro serial/pulp inspired movies.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎