X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Enlarging plastic piece for helmet visor

On eBay, I found this great plastic piece (from a Lego set) to use as the helmet visor for one of my customs... but when it arrived, it is too small. Needs to be about 1/3 bigger, I'd say. Any advice on how to do this? Or better yet... would anyone be willing to offer their talents in this area in exchange for financial compensation?
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Cut a piece off a clear spray can lid.

Don C.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ctc
      Hmmmm....

Cut a piece off a clear spray can lid.

Don C.
      Thanks for they reply! Sorry my original description was a bit vague. I can see where more context would be helpful.

I am working on a custom of a character named The Hound, who wears a helm styled like a dog. Here is an animated GIF of his helmet in action:

My plan was to use a Lancelot helmet and add the dog visor piece fashioned from the head of Fluffy, the Lego minifig from Harry Potter. It is not 100% apparent in this picture, but the styling between the two is remarkably close.

But unfortunately, the Lego piece is a bit too small. It's about 3/4" wide, when it needs to be about 1" wide.

So again, can anyone provide advice or assistance here? I know the Customs section has some tutorials on casting and enlarging, but those are for heads. Would you even do this the same way? This is a whole new world for me.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

"Hydrospan 400"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡