X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Today's Yard Sale finds

It being such a nice day out today I thought I'd hit a few yard sales and see what I could come up with. Nothing great I guess but here's what I did find:

1964 Hector Heathcote Thermos for $1
    3 Marvel legends .50 a piece
    Space Captain Marvel
    Moon Kinght
    The Falcon

Total cost $2.50 I don't know much about Marvel Legends or lunchbox stuff but I did have fun. Hope you guys made out better!

• mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Very nice finds

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• kingcarm
      That Ape Guy
      • Sep 7, 2001

All that for $2.50?? Hell you couldn't get one of those figures for that on Ebay and the like for that. Nice Grab. I guess I'm going to have to start stopping at garage sales. The thing is I hate stopping at them, finding nothing, and walking away while the seller is looking at me like I'm a "cheap ***".
      Carm

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

Great find and great deal! I hope I'm not too late seeking for Garage Sale sign and finding great deal stuff.
        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by kingcarm
          All that for $2.50?? Hell you couldn't get one of those figures for that on Ebay and the like for that. Nice Grab. I guess I'm going to have to start stopping at garage sales. The thing is I hate stopping at them, finding nothing, and walking away while the seller is looking at me like I'm a "cheap ***".
          LOL! gald to see I'm not the only that feels like that

great finds man
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

All 3 of the legends are variants...NICE SCORE!!!! I'd ebay those suckers right away while legends are still going for decent money. Although, you may want to give Merlyn a shout with that Moon Knight...I think he's a fan of the character.

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks for the info guys! I don't know squat about the ML line. Already working a deal with Merlyn for the Moon Knight as we speak. As for the other 2 Ebay here they come!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Great find Oh Mighty Bargain Hunter. That Moon Knight sure is nice.

Comment

• kingcarm
                  That Ape Guy
                  • Sep 7, 2001

Originally posted by kingcarm

Haha....after posting this my GF and I went for a drive and stopped at a Garage sale. I picked-up an old acoustic guitar for $5!!! It is a little on the cheap side but I gave it to my 16 yr old son and he was ticled pink Maybe I will start stopping at more garage sales.
                  Carm

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                    Fist of Khonshu
                    • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                    Although, you may want to give Merlyn a shout with that Moon Knight...I think he's a fan of the character.
                    Thanks much for the lookout Berto
                    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                      Formerly known as Del
                      • Dec 12, 2004

Today, I found a long-sleeved "Flash" t-shirt, in my size, for $1.
                      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                        Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                        • Nov 12, 2005

I will be happy to take the Falcon off your hands before they hit ebay. I have the other two in that variant.

PM coming your way!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Steeler80
                          Mayor of Strunk
                          • Jun 29, 2001

Really nice finds, Tim. I had to go eBaying to find the variant MK.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                            Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                            • Nov 12, 2005

Got the Falcon today Tim, Thanks!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

It has been quite a few years since I collected lunchboxes but if I remember correctly the Heather Heathcoat thermos is pretty rare.

Just like any other collectible, the better the condition, the better the price.

Most box collectors consider it ok to shine up the box and thermos and even consider it desirable vs. leaving the dulling patina on it. One thing you could do before putting it up on Ebay is to unscrew the thermos liner from the thermos (this thermos looks like it is from the 1960's so it should unscrew at the top. If it is rusty, you can use a little WD-40 to loosen it).

Wash it with some warm gentle dishwashing soap and water and dry thoroughly. For the dull metal part around the top and bottom, I would use some chrome cleaner which will remove the patina and make it sparkle. For the thermos part, use a decent non-yellowing car wax and spit shine it.

Depending on the market and condition, you might be able to get $50+ for it. There used to be a lunchbox cleaner called Aikens cleaner or something like that (it was the guy that started the whole lunchbox collecting craze and he "invented" a lunchbox cleaner)...my guess is it was nothing more than a lanolin based material and wax since it had a lanolin smell but I have found you can achieve better results with my recommendations above....good luck.
                              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎