Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Vader
    • Aug 17, 2012

Picked up a lot at the comic shop today

My buddy owns a comic shop near my house and he calls me in whenever older action figures come in. I was told it was a star wars lot, so I rushed over to see what he had. I picked up the first 21 figures all complete, a few ESB complete figures and these weird smaller mego figures. I do not know what these are, the rarity, or anything else, was hoping to get some input from you guys. The batman and robin have their batarangs taped to the base, the joker has a cane, the penguin an umbrella, the goblin has a satchel, and that just about does it for the accessories. I think the 2 diecast copters are corgi. Not sure if I am going to keep any of these or not, they look pretty awesome, but I think I'd rather start with some larger figures in my mego collection

• Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

You scored a very nice collection of Mego Comic Action Heroes, my friend! Plus their accessories, which are even harder to find. Well done!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Tim Vader
      • Aug 17, 2012

I hope I didn't overpay for them, lol. I actually only grabbed them because he didn't want to sell just the star wars

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

You appear to be missing Wonder Woman and Shazam from the DC side and Hulk and Captain America from the Marvel side. Almost a complete set. With the bases and Batropes you could probably name your price. I have a Cap but there is damage where the body fits together between the legs and my Joker is missing his cane and Penguin is missing his coat. This would be par for condition so you did real good.

CCC.

Comment

• Tim Vader
          • Aug 17, 2012

I have looked all over ebay, their aren't as many of these as I had thought there would be. I wonder if its the amount out their, or if they just get tossed into improperly labeled lots??

I didn't see any accessory lots, and very few for stands

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

That's a great score of Comic Action Heroes!

I had the full set as a kid, and I'm still in the process of reacquiring them all loose in good condition.
            Currently have them all again, but need to pick up some doubles in better condition, and I'm still missing the Penguin's umbrella and the Green Goblin's satchel/bag.

A lot of people seem to dismiss this line as crude, but I've always loved the CAH line.

They do turn up on Ebay USA fairly often.

There were two distinct head sculpts for Wonder Woman, so for a truly complete set you'd need both.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Red Hulk
              Career Member
              • Dec 19, 2012

Great score, the figures look really nice. The Corgi diecast are great too I had both as a kid.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 22, 2012

Those look awesome. Do you plan on selling them?
                Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• Tim Vader
                  • Aug 17, 2012

Most likely, I can not find a reliable "sales price" to start though. Ebay is all over the place wifh these

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎