X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 16, 2012

CTVT bodies = horrible quality

just got a new replacement body from CTVT... terrible quality. Do not order one from these guys. horrible.
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Yea, never order a body from them. A vintage mego or a body from Dr. Mego is the way to go.

Other than that, CTVT has pretty good pieces for parts.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Sorry you found out the hard way. CTVT is good for Hulk bodies, colored hands, and glow-in-the-dark bodies. For any other replacement body need, Doc Mego products are far superior.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

i stand by CTVT. The bodies fall apart sometimes BUT they are sooooo cheap you can buy more. And the costumes accessories are saweet! -plus shipping is FAST.

Comment

• THE MEGO
          Museum Patron
          • Jul 9, 2012

You're right Brue!
          I love CTVT easy shipping. They even listen to what I had to say. They bought the yellow belts back, because I sudgested they should. Whats new if you haven't noticed...is they bought back mego heads, like, Dick Grayson, shazam, superman, etc. and some new girl heads you can make customs out of.
          Check them out now. VERY COOL.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I thought the new bodies were supposed to be better?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 16, 2012

Yeah, but they're an action figure company... who happens to make bodies that are crap. I love SOME of what they do, but making a decent body should be the first thing they do right. They shouldn't need people to make excuses for their poor quality stuff. Sorry, I don't want a bunch of crap. I want what I pay for. QUALITY. If you accept this from the company, that's your problem. I'm ****ed off... rightfully so, I think.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

I learned the hard way too. All of the female bodies that I ordered from them went to pieces within a very short while, because the plastic they use is recycled and very brittle.

Castaway had EXCELLENT quality stuff; Dr. Mego is the only other one that I would buy from.

ZICA is excellent too. His male bodies were very well defined, and wonderfully articulated. You should wait and check out the female body he has coming out sometime this year. She's GORGEOUS!

If we are lucky, he'll also have the new improved male body available in the later part of the year.

Doc's female body is very good as well; nice sturdy, SOLID plastic parts instead of hollow; excellent customer service, and the shipping time is AMAZING!!!
                JediJaida

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                  i stand by CTVT. The bodies fall apart sometimes BUT they are sooooo cheap you can buy more. And the costumes accessories are saweet! -plus shipping is FAST.

I must disagree. CTVT crap for $6 vs. a Doc Mego body for $7 is no bargain.

The bodies on the KISS figures are better, but that's not what you get when you order a replacement body. My guess is they'll sell through the earlier stuff before they sell the KISS bodies. And even then, in my opinion the KISS bodies haven't reached the quality of what Doc has available.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, there is really no excuse for them still having crappy bodies. I was under the impression they had improved, but I guess the single bodies are still of the "I really have to pee" variety.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

i will add that i have NEVER purchased bodies alone -and wouldn't. Other companies do sell better stuff. I actually just buy more actual mego's in lots when i need bodies/body parts.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

It was nice when it was possible to buy a complete figure from one of their lines when you needed them for under ten bucks for its parts plus the body, but buying a body alone for six bucks at that quality is terrible. If they sold them for $3 bucks i'll be all over them.

Wish the Merry Men hadnt gone up in $$ so much.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                          Defender of the Megoverse
                          • Dec 30, 2008

Is it just me or are the arms on a CTVT body too long???

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Reading here at the MM how to restring a CTVT male body has helped in so many ways. I now restring all my 1/9th scale bodies, (original mego, DrMego, and CTVT). I am still working on a way to restring a CTVT female body. No success to date.

I agree with JediJaida, CTVT female articulated bodies are very brittle, and do not restring/repair easily, if at all.

I also agree with EMCE, CTVT prices are in no way an incentive compared to DrMego.

I'm lucky that I joined the MM back in '09 and read here about these quality issues of CTVT bodies. When I started purchasing bodies and parts last year, I knew what to expect from CTVT.
                            DrMego bodies on the other hand, are my idea of quality.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

LMK when you find a way to restring either one of Doc's female bodies or a vintage Mego, that doesn't require taking completely apart at the seams.

God knows my attempt to do so went down the toidy.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎