X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

Elbow pins and rubber bands

Are there any good substitutes that can be used for elbow pins? I have some perfectly good arms that could be put back together if I only had the little plastic pin thingies.

Also, has anyone used normal (thick) rubber bands to restring type 2 bodies? If so, about what size would be right?
  • mego
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 16, 2012

you can order replacement pins from dr mego, or ctvt for pretty cheap.

Comment

• silveralex
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 22, 2012

hi, thanks for the reply, I do see knee pins on their sites, but no elbow pins

Comment

• actjac01
        Veteran Member
        • May 17, 2009

If you're talking about the plastic pins that go to the typical type 2 muscle body, I guess you could use the plastic rods that companies like Evergreen Plastic or Plastruct offers.
        These can be found at model & hobby shops. I don't believe either company offers them molded in 'flesh' colored plastic. I've found them only in white. Not sure of the exact size you'll need, but you can cut these to length with a razor blade, X-acto, or even a good pair of scissors, then just paint the exposed ends with flesh colored paint.

For elastics to string the same Type 2 bodies, I like to use plumber 'o' rings, the ones that are used on bathroom and kitchen faucets. I use Danco brand size #11 (3/4"). I find them to be very sturdy and the 3/4" size I find provides the right amount of tightness. Look for these at home building supply stores (Home Depot & Lowes carries these.) A box of ten (good for 5 megos) sells for less that 2 bucks.
        Hope this helps.
        "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• silveralex
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 22, 2012

Thank you. That is extremely helpful!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢