• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Guillermo del Toro to direct the Hobbit movies

Interesting tidbit at AICN. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35428

On the Hellboy board, del Toro said its not 100 percent yet, but its a really interesting choice for these movies. Might throw a monkey wrench in Hellboy 3, tho.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow no Peter Jackson then? man I don't know about this.....
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I'd too would like to know what Jackson is doing...., haven't scene anything new for a few yrs.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

What the H3LL!?!?
        I thought I just heard last week that Jackson was on board as director???
        This starting to bug me enough to not even want to bother with it when it does come out.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Short of Jackson (who will still exec. produce and oversee the script), Del Toro sounds like a perfect choice to me.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Thought Del Torro may be a bit dark for Hobbit...but could be a good choice if Jackson isn't directing.
            Hope it doesn't interfere with Hellboy 3 ...
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Vortigern99
              Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
              • Jul 2, 2006

Since the announcement of the green-lit Hobbit films a few weeks ago, Jackson has been attached as executive producer (a kind of creative overseer) to the project; all choices -- design, script, casting, etc. -- must pass his approval. Jackson has been involved in the development of at least three projects for the last several years: The Lovely Bones, the motion-capture Tin Tin movies for Spielberg, and a third project the name of which escapes me. He doesn't have the time to get a Hobbit movie out by 2009 or 2010. In any event, though I was gunning for Sam Raimi as director, I'm happy with the choice of del Toro. He has a horror background just like Jackson did, and his work tends to be dark and spooky, but his light-hearted touch can be seen in parts of Hellboy. I have total faith in his ability to pull together a thrilling Hobbit series.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Jackson must have been impressed with Pan's Labrynth to choose Del Toro. For those of you who haven't seen it I recommend renting Pan's Labrynth. I guess Del Toro makes sense. Pan has been compared to LOTR but I think that's a little unfair. It's more grounded in the real world and has fantasy segments.

The Hobbit may come out slightly different than LOTR trilogy but with the rich material of the Hobbit to work with Del Toro will probably wow audiences and at least Jackson is there to keep it on course and WETA will probably bring back Alan Lee and John Howe to keep the look consistent.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

The big question is, what character is Doug Jones going to play?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                    wow no Peter Jackson then? man I don't know about this.....
                    You have something againt Mexican directors?

sigpic

Comment

• Black_Towr
                      • May 15, 2007

Well it is disppointing that Jackson is no longer directing this film but at least he will still be attached to make sure it still has the same feel as the other 3 films. Much like the poster above i was hopng Raimi would get the nod if Jackson wasn't going to direct but Del Toro is capable of giving us a great film.

What i'd like to see is a film based on certain stories out of the Silmarillion, but that'll never happen

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Jackson is still involved as producer.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by johnmiic
                          Jackson must have been impressed with Pan's Labrynth to choose Del Toro. For those of you who haven't seen it I recommend renting Pan's Labrynth.

Is there an English version of this ? I can't get past all the French..., I was looking for something to switch this movie to English, but couldn't find it with the DVD I have.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Airdave817
                            Satellite Monitor Duty
                            • May 31, 2007

As long as Jackson is involved in some way The Hobbit should have the same feel as TLOR.
                            Shameless self-promotion -
                            Earth-Dave
                            KROC-FM
                            Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                            "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              Is there an English version of this ? I can't get past all the French..., I was looking for something to switch this movie to English, but couldn't find it with the DVD I have.
                              It should have English sub-titles because it's a foriegn film. I thought the film was in Spanish?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎