X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

For Sale: Buck Rogers Hawk Figure Production Sample

Diamond Select Toys seems to have no interest in continuing the Buck Rogers line after buying my company's tooling and prototypes. Based on what I've heard and the fact that nothing was shown at the NYCC seems to indicate that the line is most likely dead. That being said I've decided to try my luck again at selling a production sample of the Hawk figure. Hawk is one of the three characters that didn't get released back in 2011, only Buck and Tiger Man actually made it to market. This production sample is one of three that I own and it represents what the production version would have been like, except for being packaged in a Tiger Man box. It includes three sets of black gloved hands that can be switched out just like the hands on the Buck and Tiger Man figures. The other two production samples will not be sold, at least not until I'm dead. I've got two sons and each of them gets one of the remaining two samples.

The price is $625.00 shipped in the US and that includes insurance. International buyers will be required to pay for International Priority mail shipping and insurance which, as most know, can be rather expensive. I've had this stored in a smoke free environment and I'll be sure to pack it very well for protection against damage during shipping.

Craig

• JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Holy Jesus! He is gorgeous!

It's just a shame that I simply CANNOT afford him!

DST needs to get their heads out of their collective backsides and start producing these figures.

Why go through all the trouble of buying the tooling, the figures and the prototypes if they had no intention of making the figures?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

I wish you luck in selling him, Craig.
    JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Holy Jesus! He is gorgeous!

It's just a shame that I simply CANNOT afford him!

DST needs to get their heads out of their collective backsides and start producing these figures.

Why go through all the trouble of buying the tooling, the figures and the prototypes if they had no intention of making the figures?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

I wish you luck in selling him, Craig.
      Thanks.

I'm starting to think DST was more interested in getting the body tooling than they were the Buck Rogers tooling. Since it was a package deal they had to take both.

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA

I'm starting to think DST was more interested in getting the body tooling than they were the Buck Rogers tooling. Since it was a package deal they had to take both.
        Oh man, I hope that's not the case that would be rotten of them!!!
        Are you still able to produce that original body yourself, or is it theirs now?
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by BATMAN89
          Oh man, I hope that's not the case that would be rotten of them!!!
          Are you still able to produce that original body yourself, or is it theirs now?
          It's theirs now.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Hawk is now on hold.

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

Not that i could have gotten him, but , i knew he wouldn't have last a day after the thought of it not going into production.
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

they have yet to use the body, either. Well except for mock ups like Stallone and Hasselhoff.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Is there anyway you could produce Hawk on the sly for us ZICA fans. We promise not tell.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, it could be a generic head with a feathered scalp and you could name him something like Kestrel, or Peregrine, or Eagle.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Chris
                      Is there anyway you could produce Hawk on the sly for us ZICA fans. We promise not tell.
                      Originally posted by JediJaida
                      Yeah, it could be a generic head with a feathered scalp and you could name him something like Kestrel, or Peregrine, or Eagle.
                      I feel like that would probably cause trouble for me in one way or another and even if I wanted to do something like that I no longer have the tooling to make the figure.

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

If it was just for JediJaida and myself you would be fine but no worries I was just putting it out there. I do believe that someday this figure will get made.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Chris
                          If it was just for JediJaida and myself you would be fine but no worries I was just putting it out there. I do believe that someday this figure will get made.
                          Oh,I would want one too! and wouldn't tell

Comment

• knight errant00
                            8 Inch Action Figure
                            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Teemu
                            Oh,I would want one too! and wouldn't tell
                            Add me to that list too -- heck, the main reason I bought my Zica Buck was so I could have Hawk and Buck together in my Mego case!

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

The Hawk figure has been sold and I think he'll be very happy in his new home.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎