X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Cincinnati Gathering Oct 20

I've still got one week of vacation left before November 1, so lets get this done. It's a Saturday and it's a few weeks off so hopefully we can get the same group together maybe more. Same location in the clubhouse, and I'm thinking we could go out to eat as there are plenty of places within a mile or two. Hit me back here or in PM and we'll officially get this going. I still have to reserve the place but that shouldn't be a problem. After the year I've had, especially the last three weeks I need this, so please mark the calendars and come hang with your fellow Mego Brethren.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

I will do what I can to make it. I have a toy show on Oct 28th, but I am going to see what can do. How many people do you expect?

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

I'm thinking we had anywhere from 8-10 people there at various points. It was a freakin blast to just talk with like-minded people and pals. We set up a couple of tables, but nothing was bought, sold or traded. Steve said it best that the lack of commerce was a testament to the people there, we just didn't need to bargain or sell. A good time was had by all. I'm hoping Cap Mego will bring some more of his stuff and Craig will bring the Zica female body for inspection.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm in! I had to check the schedule, but I should be clear that weekend...about the only one this coming month!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again...and hopefully some new faces will grace us with the presence.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I am probably out. It's looking like I'll be in Chicago the following weekend, and there's no way central Ohio can survive without me two weeks in a row.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Steve, I think according to the Museum by-laws there should always be a MOD present to make sure rules and regulations are followed. We certainly do not want a repeat of the tragic forklift incident of 2009. Plus it would only be for an afternoon and I'll have a special Mego cake made. You can't miss that...

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Count me in. I'll see if I can get Emeraldknight to join me.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

I have two shows the following weekend in Oct. unfortunately, I am going to miss this one. I would have loved to go...

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                  70's Era Pimp
                  • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  I am probably out. It's looking like I'll be in Chicago the following weekend, and there's no way central Ohio can survive without me two weeks in a row.
                  Chicago? Going to the Kane County Toy Show??

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

Hey, everybody. It would be extremely helpful if I could get commitments for this. I know a couple were on the fence and a few haven't gotten back to me. I really want to lock this up and have the place reserved. If you could please confirm here or PM me that would be amazing.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

As much as I'd like it to happen, I'm 99% sure I will have to sit this one out.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm in! But if we can't get a good group together, I'd rather table it until later.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Apr 16, 2008

Yeah, it's looking like this will have to be postponed. No big deal, we can do this another time. Life, work and other stuff gets in the way, so we'll try again later this year or maybe into early next year. Now, some of us might be able to get together for something like the opening night of the Hobbit. That would be very cool.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I'd be up for that. It just ain't gonna be a party unless Steve brings the Vantooth again.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 3, 2002

I was day to day on this, but even if it was happening I couldn't make it. My lab has had 2 inspections this month and it's done me in. Thanks for trying to pull this together Random. Hopefully we can get it going later. I need some quality mego time.
                              Mortui Vivos Docent
                              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎