X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

3A Toys announces 3AGO!

3A Toys have just announced their intentions to make 8 inch "Mego-like" figures. No word yet on what the bodies will look like or what concepts they'll do, but if you've seen any ThreeA stuff, you'll know that it's going to be unlike anything currently on the Mego market. Ashley Wood doesn't make toys like most normal manufacturers, but his concepts and devoted fan base could definitely introduce new people to the world of Mego. The logo and more details here: Infinite Hollywood: 3A Announces Mego-Like Figures!
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    3A Toys have just announced their intentions to make 8 inch "Mego-like" figures. No word yet on what the bodies will look like or what concepts they'll do, but if you've seen any ThreeA stuff, you'll know that it's going to be unlike anything currently on the Mego market. Ashley Wood doesn't make toys like most normal manufacturers, but his concepts and devoted fan base could definitely introduce new people to the world of Mego. The logo and more details here: Infinite Hollywood: 3A Announces Mego-Like Figures!
    If they follow the same formula as their 3A Portable line the body will basically be an 8" version of a Hot Toys True Type. The 3A portable body is 1:12 scale and it's really nice.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Yeah I'm very curious if they're going to just use their main body style or go with something "retro". Should be interesting to see, but I'm definitely hoping it'll be like their 1/6 and 1/12 bodies.

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Considering the success they've had with their figures that use that modern body style I feel like they'll most likely stick with that formula. I'm very interested to see what they come up with.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

The Mego format is alive and well. I think this could be a reaction to the ever growing prices of higher end figures. Companies like Hot Toys have become obsessed at testing the limits of market demand with their nonstop increase of prices. Just in the past year alone I have seen an average increase of 50%. Outrageous. I think the customer is responding and looking to smaller companies to provide them with high detailed, but more affordable, figures. Hot Toys has taken the fun out of collecting because of cost. Companies like BBP and EMCE embrace the fun of collecting and are carving a significant niche in the marketplace. These days I spend more time enjoying my BBP Six mill and BSG figures because their simply fun to look at and don't kill my pocketbook. I also have the next line of EMCE monsters to look forward too, which Paul & company knocked out of the park on detail. I've paid a lot of money for detail and likeness in lines like Hot Toys. And while some are rewarding, I've grown tired of forking out my hard earned money for figures I have to constantly dust and maintain like a antique car you never drive. Recent BBP & EMCE product has reminded me that while I like the art of a figure, it also has to touch the kid in me as well. And I don't apologize for warming to the imperfections as well. Charm goes a long way in the collecting world. We of the vintage Mego universe should know that well.
          Last edited by MIB41; Sep 27, '12, 8:58 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Should be interesting. I like some of their more "robotty" offerings. From a customizing perspective I could see them making something that would work for skinny Venture Brothers or Derek's Pink Panther.

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I'm still waiting for their Microman (Micronaut) figures: http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/...ouncement.html
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

My interest is definitely piqued here.
                JediJaida

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
                  I'm still waiting for their Microman (Micronaut) figures: http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/...ouncement.html
                  WHOA!! Ashley Wood making Microman? That would be superb and works of art!

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                    The Mego format is alive and well. I think this could be a reaction to the ever growing prices of higher end figures. Companies like Hot Toys have become obsessed at testing the limits of market demand with their nonstop increase of prices. Just in the past year alone I have seen an average increase of 50%. Outrageous. I think the customer is responding and looking to smaller companies to provide them with high detailed, but more affordable, figures. Hot Toys has taken the fun out of collecting because of cost. Companies like BBP and EMCE embrace the fun of collecting and are carving a significant niche in the marketplace. These days I spend more time enjoying my BBP Six mill and BSG figures because their simply fun to look at and don't kill my pocketbook. I also have the next line of EMCE monsters to look forward too, which Paul & company knocked out of the park on detail. I've paid a lot of money for detail and likeness in lines like Hot Toys. And while some are rewarding, I've grown tired of forking out my hard earned money for figures I have to constantly dust and maintain like a antique car you never drive. Recent BBP & EMCE product has reminded me that while I like the art of a figure, it also has to touch the kid in me as well. And I don't apologize for warming to the imperfections as well. Charm goes a long way in the collecting world. We of the vintage Mego universe should know that well.
                    Well put! It was the Keaton Batman that made me throw in the towel. I'd love a Luke Skywalker HT but at what cost?
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Hmmm, these look Mego-like:

I wonder if they are 8"?
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
                        Hmmm, these look Mego-like:

I wonder if they are 8"?

Nope. 1/6. They are cool tho, and I took a bunch of photos of them as well.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

Hmmmm

If all goes well we will have a very cool new line debut this month!
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Toysyouhad.com
                            • Oct 14, 2012

Hmm interesting figures. Lots of custom possibilities.

Comment

• Gzilla2000
                              • Jun 28, 2007

They could also be refering to the Microman - String Theory line they announced awhile back.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎