X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

Were there evey any Rat Patrol toys?

Loved the show as a kid, and the hats and goggles, but did they ever have figures?
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Yep, they were made by Marx. I think they might even be around 8 Inches. Sounds like I'm making that up but it's true.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 20, 2008

And Hasbro made a knock off Rat Patrol set with jeep and driver called the Desert Patrol Attack Jeep (no mention of Rat Patrol- see image below. NOTE: the macine gun shown in photo is not the one that came with the set). Officially, there was a Rat Patrol model kit from Aurora (desert scene with small jeeps, German tanks and sand dunes) and a Remco motorized jeep marketed under the Rat Patrol name. Not sure what else was made aside from lunchboxes and the Marx figures and jeep already mentioned.

Attached Files
      Last edited by SpaceCrawler; Sep 20, '12, 8:11 PM.

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Actually a bit of stuff was produced for the show...there was the Marx playset, which I had as a kid and destroyed in "combat" out in the sandbox. Now out of my price range, still hoping for that great yard sale find!

There was a card set from Topps, 6 Dell comics, 6 paperback novels, a Whitman book, a lunchbox, a Halloween costume of Troy, a board game, an Aurora model, and the Remcon trik-trak jeep. I have the cards, comics, & books as well as a really rusted lunchbox, but the others I've never seen. The topps cards can be found but the punchout ring insignia cards (instead of stickers) are almost impossible to find except at a premium price.

About the Marx set:

Marx Toys, Johnny West, Best of The West, Cowboy, Indian, Action Figures, Custer, Jed Gibson, Jane West, Jay West, Josie west, Jamie West, Thunderbolt, mike Hazard, Stony Smith, Playsets, Marx vintage toys, horses

Moffitt prototype figure:

Remco jeep set:

A Retro Podcast, Blog, and Newsletter. Click to read The Retroist, a Substack publication with thousands of subscribers.

Comment

• luey
          Treasure Hunter
          • Jun 17, 2001

I have the Marx Rat Patrol new in box, came with a couple of figures, everything is new pretty much but the durn frame cracked on the cheap other time... Love that toy but it will be for sale soon...
          Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I see this thread, and can't help but miss Joe90. I know he liked this show.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Zemo
              Still Smokin'
              • Feb 14, 2006

Thanks for the info everyone. I wonder why they gave the enlisted guys helmets and not the ball cap style hat with the goggles. The German ptro is perfect!

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

There were also several licensed Matchbox vehicles, as I recall.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎