• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Actorman
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 4, 2010

Help: Reattaching Stickers That Fell Off Due To Age

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know the best way to reattach stickers that have fallen off an old toy due to age?

I picked up a vintage Kenner Bionic Woman Sports Car at a great price this weekend at a toy show. It is very clean, in excellent shape and in the box. The door release mechanism even still works great. The only problem is that all the stickers have fallen off. They are all present in the box and except for a couple have no tears or creases. The 30+ year old adhesive just finally conked out and they fell off.

Any advice or experience to share on reapplying them? I thought about just using Elmer's glue, but wanted to post here first since many of you have a lot of experience restoring vintage toys. Thought there might be a best practice. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Scott
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Don't use Elmer's. I recommend Aleene's craft glue. They sell it at Micheals.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

The closest thing I've found to original factory adhesive is 3M spray adhesive. It provides a thin even coat over the entire surface, doesn't soak in or stain, and sticks just like new.
      I use it on all my vintage vehicle and playset stickers.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎