Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought my first vintage Captain Action costume!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Bought my first vintage Captain Action costume!

Man, I am so excited to get this thing...the new CA have made me want to go back and get the originals as well as the Playing Mantis ones. Got this mint Batman set, minus the box.

The set's 100% complete with the flicker ring and has never been off the card.

• MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

SWEET!!!! You even got the ring with it! Great nab! Congratulations! Looks amazing. Nothing like authentic Captain Action apparel.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
      SWEET!!!! You even got the ring with it! Great nab! Congratulations! Looks amazing. Nothing like authentic Captain Action apparel.
      I can't wait to put it on a figure! I know some people will think I'm nuts for taking it off the card, but I'm never going to sell it so I don't care.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Completely understand! I have several vintage Caps and one of them STAYS in his Batman outfit. To me, that is the quintessential outfit from this line. You'll be so pleased when you get that on him. I was misty eyed the first time with mine. It's like welcoming home an old friend.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Oh man, no offense, but I couldn't take that thing off the card now. I'd get me a loose suit and put it on a figure.

But then again, I opened a sealed Mego Batman for display 15-or so years ago, so...

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Oh man, no offense, but I couldn't take that thing off the card now. I'd get me a loose suit and put it on a figure.

But then again, I opened a sealed Mego Batman for display 15-or so years ago, so...

Chris
            I am completely with you on this Chris. I have ALWAYS been a loose collector, and not usually a fan of Carded stuff, but even I would have a hard time taking it off the card. Congrats on the pickup....it is soooooooo hard getting vintage CA stuff that doesn't have melt marks on it. That set just looks soooooo perfect on that card....I'd have a tough time separating those strings to put it on a figure. Now you are on the path to getting more Captain Actions...Good Luck

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
              I am completely with you on this Chris. I have ALWAYS been a loose collector, and not usually a fan of Carded stuff, but even I would have a hard time taking it off the card. Congrats on the pickup....it is soooooooo hard getting vintage CA stuff that doesn't have melt marks on it. That set just looks soooooo perfect on that card....I'd have a tough time separating those strings to put it on a figure. Now you are on the path to getting more Captain Actions...Good Luck
              I hear ya on removing it..but alas, that is the MADNESS of toy collecting. I've opened three boxed and two carded Megos. THEY CALL TO ME...COME PLAY WITH US DWAYNE...WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

***cue creepy music***

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

I have a loose one that is complete with the ring....don't open this one. Trade me!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Nice looking set!

As a longtime Captain Action collector, trust me, there's many more loose examples of that than there are still attached to the card. I wouldn't recommend taking it off the card. Put it in a repro box, or original, they do show up and find a loose set to display on a figure.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Beautiful set! Go ahead and put it in a figure! It would look even greater on the figure. The costume is in its insert and you lack the original box anyhow...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎