PDA

View Full Version : CTVT Mad Monster Castle review

pmwasson
Sep 2, '12, 6:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sCQIl.jpg

Mad Monster Castle review from LaserMego (http://www.lasermego.com/latest-news/ctvtmadmonstercastle)

MEGOMAN
Sep 2, '12, 6:57 PM
I love it. I may have to pick one up!!!

Brown Bear
Sep 2, '12, 7:18 PM
Great review Paul. That is so cool.

TMANSTOYS
Sep 2, '12, 8:49 PM
Give CTVT their due.. They ask what we want and they make it !!

Megotu
Sep 3, '12, 5:14 PM
honestly, it looks like they got it just right...love to see it side by side w a vintage piece to see what differences there are besides the box...

HumanWolfman
Sep 3, '12, 5:22 PM
Great review, thanks. I cant wait to open mine.

Werewolf
Sep 5, '12, 12:56 PM
Looks really nice!!!

Meule
Sep 5, '12, 3:48 PM
Great review, Paul

Werewolf
Sep 6, '12, 1:08 PM
My castle should come today! Yay! BTW: Anybody get the new Monsters yet? Are the heads new? They looked the same as the first issues in the pics I've seen.

pmwasson
Sep 6, '12, 3:58 PM
I got a mummy. I think its the same head sculpt/mold as the first wave of CTVT but the vinyl isn't as thin as the first wave. It feels sturdier. The paint app looks a bit different, but not significantly.

Werewolf
Sep 6, '12, 11:13 PM
I got a mummy. I think its the same head sculpt/mold as the first wave of CTVT but the vinyl isn't as thin as the first wave. It feels sturdier. The paint app looks a bit different, but not significantly.

Thanks for the info. Cool to hear that they are new. In the pics they looked like the first run heads on new bodies.

Got my Castle tonight. The quality is very good. Even though it's a new reproduction it still looks like it's a vintage toy and blends right in with the original Mego MM figures.

Chris
Sep 7, '12, 7:05 AM
Thx for the review, Paul!!! I bought the castle too but haven't opened it. We are thinking the same thing about the lab table and the flooring.

Thx for the "X" stickers! They turned out great.

Goblin19
Sep 7, '12, 10:09 AM
Just got mine. Your review is very accurate.

HardyGirl
Sep 9, '12, 6:59 AM
Thanks for the review. I only wish I had the space for this set.

MEGOMAN
Sep 13, '12, 7:40 PM
As much as I would love to have an original, I went ahead and purchased this reproduction. It thrills me to know this will be displayed in my toy room. I've got to doctor it up a bit with other props!!!

megomania
Jan 2, '13, 4:21 PM
Put ours together last night...got it for the kid for Xmas and put it away until then. Have to say I was dissapointed. Great idea to recreate, bad construction in my opinion. Actually decided to box it up and throw it up in storage. The kid will have to find a new home for his monsters.

-Chris

Megotu
Jan 2, '13, 7:12 PM
I couldn't have been happier with the castle. I did a quick fix for the table and the floors. I used cardboard from the packing box and covered it in wood grain contact paper and cut into 2 floor pieces. This gave it a nice solid floor. Same contact paper on one side of the unfolded table and it looks like the original. Fold it the other way and it is the new khaki look. For comparison, I have owned a vintage Batcave, lost continet (same design), Hall of Justice and Wayne Foundation and a Tara Toys Hulk Hideway. This one fits right in. Give it 9 points out of 10. Way way better than I could have even hoped for. On the comments section on the CTVT page I asked for a Witch's Castle for the Knights and the Sea Fury, (Sears Edition) for the Pirates. Playsets and Vehicles people...That is how you make action figures relevant...

MEGOMAN
Jan 2, '13, 7:42 PM
I couldn't have been happier with the castle. I did a quick fix for the table and the floors. I used cardboard from the packing box and covered it in wood grain contact paper and cut into 2 floor pieces. This gave it a nice solid floor. Same contact paper on one side of the unfolded table and it looks like the original. Fold it the other way and it is the new khaki look. For comparison, I have owned a vintage Batcave, lost continet (same design), Hall of Justice and Wayne Foundation and a Tara Toys Hulk Hideway. This one fits right in. Give it 9 points out of 10. Way way better than I could have even hoped for. On the comments section on the CTVT page I asked for a Witch's Castle for the Knights and the Sea Fury, (Sears Edition) for the Pirates. Playsets and Vehicles people...That is how you make action figures relevant...

I agree. I love the castle. The only part of it that I can complain about is the table. It sounds like you made the table just like how MEGO made it which is great. However I did buy the table that is available on Lazer Mego. You should check it out. It is very nice! Her's the link. http://www.lasermego.com/store/operation-table

megomania
Jan 3, '13, 2:18 AM

You win, ok? I'm a bad person. I'm insensitive.

MIB41
Jan 3, '13, 7:36 AM
Great review! Very informative with some great pics. I'll have to consider that one.

Megotu
Jan 3, '13, 8:34 PM
Not posting as a counter to your post, just relating how I felt on opening mine. Some people don't like the same things I like. I can live with that. Some people give Ke$ha money. I am not thrilled with that but I can live with that too. With therapy.

Godzilla
Jan 4, '13, 11:45 AM
I ordered one at Halloween to use for my kids and I to display some of our scary Megos. It was fine with the exception of 2 rivets breaking as soon as I took it out of the box.

pmwasson
Apr 16, '13, 5:07 PM
Can this thread be moved to the new sub-forum?

megoscott
Apr 16, '13, 5:26 PM
Poof!!