X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beartex2000
    For display only!!
    • Jun 2, 2007

resealing boots. Help needed.

Rather than using super-glue which will discolor over time, is their a better way to reseal mego boots? I have a nice Ironman figure but his boots have split apart. Trying to stay away from repro parts on this one. Suggestions?
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Gently push a hot knife against one side of the boot. The heat will soften the plastic, even melt it a little so don't hold the knife against the boot too long, so you can push (melt) the two sides together again.
    Best to practice this first on some other cheap boots, maybe a pair of Batman boots your dog chewed on or something.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

hey thanks for the help on this, I know a Shazam that could use that.
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• beartex2000
        For display only!!
        • Jun 2, 2007

thanks for the tip.

Comment

• English Paul
          Archive cased.
          • Aug 17, 2005

I have found that using an opened out wire paper clip works best for me. Once opened out heat one end until red hot, hold the boot seam together, and then gently and quickly run the hot wire clip along the inside only of the seam inside the boot. You may need to do this a couple more times to get a good heat seal. This method only really works on accessible parts of the boot and would be difficult if the split is at the bottom.

Like Thomas says though, practice on an old boot first to get a feel for how quickly the plastic melts.
          "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎