X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Still No Hasbro Micronauts News...

Toy Fair 2012 offered nothing apparently for news about Hasbro's plans for The Micronauts...I'm getting a bit bummed out by the lack of news and I certainly wasn't impressed by the character designs (or story line) used for the comic they put out. I just wanted to say something about it, I was hoping for something good, but all we've got so far is a tease (and not a very good one at that).

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

The artists of the Unit*E comic said that their character designs were just what they could cook up based on previous Micronaut designs. Hasbro gave them absolutely nothing by way of new concepts or reference material reflecting the upcoming new series of toys. As such, Unit*E is probably best said to not reflect the upcoming line in any way whatsoever.

My hope is just that whatever they've got planned is so h3lla huge and earthshaking that they don't want to show off a bit of it. I'm surprised, though, that they offered nothing.

Maybe Tomy/Takara will be offering it first in Japan, and the west will be the 'secondary market'?
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
      Career Member
      • Jul 30, 2012

IIRC, Tomy/Takara is no longer producing the Microman line. From what I've read recently, Hasbro will have their hands full with the Trek license. Looks like the Micronauts line will be on hold for awhile.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by AcroRay
        The artists of the Unit*E comic said that their character designs were just what they could cook up based on previous Micronaut designs. Hasbro gave them absolutely nothing by way of new concepts or reference material reflecting the upcoming new series of toys. As such, Unit*E is probably best said to not reflect the upcoming line in any way whatsoever.
        Ah, thank you Ray...I didn't have a clue that those designs were not the actual toy designs, I had a feeling they might be since it was an official Hasbro comic offering.
        Originally posted by AcroRay
        My hope is just that whatever they've got planned is so h3lla huge and earthshaking that they don't want to show off a bit of it. I'm surprised, though, that they offered nothing.

Maybe Tomy/Takara will be offering it first in Japan, and the west will be the 'secondary market'?
        Hmmm...I'm still bummed they didn't give us any kind of sneak peek.

Thanks for the reply too, Bionicfanboy...I'm guessing the Micronauts have been shelved for the moment, which is very disappointing...Perhaps they're waiting for the possible movie tie-in or maybe they're developing a cartoon tie-in?

Dana
        Last edited by danadoll; Dec 28, '12, 3:05 PM.
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

I wish they would re-release the originals. I know nothing about the toys but I use to read the comics on and off and have always thought the toys looked cool; unfortunately, by the time I got interested in them they were off the market. The vintage ones are kinda pricey.

It's a shame the more recent ones had such bad quality in plastic.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

I thought I read somewhere that there were a bunch of movies in the works from Hasbro licensed products, with Battleship being the first one. Since it did so poorly at the box office, the rest of the plans were put on hold. I'm afraid the Micronauts may have gotten lumped in with that stinker (sinker?).
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

I think Hasbro bought it up just to own it...I heard somewhere they bought up Sectaurs Crystar and a few other 80's properties as well just to have them in reserve

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Micronauts isn't going anywhere until Bruckheimer decides when/if he's going to make the movie.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>I think Hasbro bought it up just to own it...I heard somewhere they bought up Sectaurs Crystar and a few other 80's properties as well just to have them in reserve

I wonder if it's like the 90's, when the rights to every comic and cartoon were picked up 'cos Batman surprised the studios and everyone was wondering what would be the next big thing. Sorta like how everyone sees the success old toy lines have been recieving lately and is snapping up the rights in case "Eagle Force" or "Air Raiders" gets opted for a zillion dollar flick.

Don C.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

I think Like the Masters of the Universe fiasco of the early 2000 Maybe they are waiting till the memories of the Palisides ones die out

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 30, 2012

Would like to see Hasbro produce stuff based on the later Takara Microman lines(Assasin Force, Road Spartan, Military Force, etc.) in US packaging. Maybe mix those characters in with repos of the 1970's Micronauts figures and vehicles. Unless another company manages to wrestle the license away from Hasbro. How about it Zica?

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
                        Would like to see Hasbro produce stuff based on the later Takara Microman lines(Assasin Force, Road Spartan, Military Force, etc.) in US packaging. Maybe mix those characters in with repos of the 1970's Micronauts figures and vehicles. Unless another company manages to wrestle the license away from Hasbro. How about it Zica?

I thought out of the deal Hasbro now owns the american side of it?

Comment

• AcroRay
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 17, 2005

Most likely - and much like how Transformers is handled - Hasbro and TomyTakara will work together developing the line, in conjunction with whatever animation firm develops animated media that will inevitably be part of the overall property.
                          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

They are just getting to the GI Joe vs Transformers stuff so I put it at 5 years before we see anything ....just kidding

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎