X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

More love for CTVT

Just got in their Black Knight outfit. Don't know what kind of material the use for the top but I love it. Went on my figure with ease. On the flip side,I got one of the Wyatt Earp gun belts. Not all negative,just that little post they've got inside it. Made it a booger to put it on.
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

The new 'muscle bodies' took me by surprise. I ordered a flesh. During 'check out' at CTVT is the question: What would you like to see add to the site? On my first order, I requested a 'Hulk scale muscle body'. When they made it in flesh, I had to buy one. My latest request is a 'flesh 6 inch male body'. Thanks CTVT. Here's a little love.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
      "During 'check out' at CTVT is the question: What would you like to see add to the site? On my first order, I requested a 'Hulk scale muscle body'. When they made it in flesh, I had to buy one. My latest request is a 'flesh 6 inch male body'. Thanks CTVT. Here's a little love".
      The last time that I placed an order, I asked for BLACK BELTS.
      They wrote back and asked "What kind of Black Belt?"
      I said like the white, yellow, brown, etc., but in Black.
      I just saw them on there! I'm placing an order right now!!!
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by BATMAN89
        The last time that I placed an order, I asked for BLACK BELTS.
        They wrote back and asked "What kind of Black Belt?"
        I said like the white, yellow, brown, etc., but in Black.
        I just saw them on there! I'm placing an order right now!!!
        Are you talking about the standard all plastic square buckle belt? I was just at CTVT and I didn't see this belt in black. I only found it in; white, green, yellow, purple and brown. Seems that; red, silver/grey, gold, and blue, as well as black would cover a good area for customizers. On the 'Bigger Muscle Body CTVT' thread, Their was talk of more new things to come in the near future with CTVT. I can't wait to see where they are going. In my next order, I'm going to request these plastic square buckle belts in more colors. Thanks!
        Update, found black belt at CTVT.
        Last edited by dr_cyclops; Aug 26, '12, 10:36 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Now that I've learn to restring CTVT standard male and fatman bodies, CTVT has become a far more realistic consideration for source material. Once improved, these bodies stand up and preform like they should. Combined with basic scale model building techniques, my parts bin, is vanishing fast. CTVT's standard male body is great for characters who are slightly less buff, I.E. Spiderman.

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
            Are you talking about the standard all plastic square buckle belt? I was just at CTVT and I didn't see this belt in black...
            Update, found black belt at CTVT.
            I'm glad that you found the belt!
            Last edited by BATMAN89; Sep 12, '12, 11:50 AM.

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
              CALLING ALL DUKES !!
              • May 12, 2011

CTVT is stepping up there game thats for sure !!
              "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• Zemo
                Still Smokin'
                • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by TMANSTOYS
                CTVT is stepping up there game thats for sure !!
                This is true, I was just on the site for the first time in a while and man, I could put together a nice order and it would be pretty cheap.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^ And they are lightning fast shippers. Partly for me they are only a county away.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Placed another order tonight. I requested 6 inch female bodies this time. I love re-Megos. It's a customizers dream.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                      One eyed, wonder
                      • Dec 17, 2009

More Luv. My last order from CTVT was short two items. Once I emailed, they were delivered within a few days.

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

sounds like some tepid praise to me.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>sounds like some tepid praise to me

Depends what you're looking for. I've used a bunch of their stuff.... including their bodies.... for all sorts of customs. It's cheap. Some of it's a crap shoot quality-wise; the accesories are pretty good, the bodies a mix, but when the bods go on sale I stock up. The newer ones might have some foot or hand problems, but I can run a replacement part pretty easy. So for me they're economical.

Don C.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by mego
                            sounds like some tepid praise to me.
                            When I first started ordering from CTVT, I could get 4 Happy Days loose figures for $15.00.
                            My very first order, Fonzie came with a broken arm, and CTVT took care of it immediately, sending a whole new Fonzie.
                            Some of their bodies had problems, I know, but I ended up using or selling the clothing, borrowing knee pins, hands, and feet to complete custom figures, and ever so often using a couple of the better bodies for action figures for my kids.
                            We have all complained about the quality of their bodies at one time or another, but sometimes it is more economical to use their stuff than other companies. I am doing a bunch of stuff with the white bodies right now, and they are only $4.00. Two of them came with deformed hands recently, and within the week I had replacement hands in the mail.
                            I have extra parts right now and restringing them is kind of fun. So, if you don't like the bodies, don't buy them.
                            They are coming out with new ones soon, I was told, and a lot of us will try them again, because we are curious, and it is fun to have several different bodies available to play with. CTVT, DM, CAW, and ZICA.
                            Also, I keep giving them a chance because when I want their accessories, I pay $8.00 shipping, so I buy a lot at once.
                            I can not afford to turn around and buy a Dr. Mego body, and pay $7.00 more in shipping also. So, I buy larger quantities from either company, when I can. If their new body is decent then it is a bonus to get everything in one place, and one shipping cost.
                            Last edited by BATMAN89; Feb 9, '13, 12:00 PM.

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

I haven't had a problem with anything I've purchased from them. They have some stuff Doc doesn't, and some other stuff is so cheap you can't pass it up. I like the new heads, too. I got a "Clark" and a "Peter" recently and they are nice! I actually replaced the Doc Peter with a CTVT Peter on my repro Secret Identity Peter Parker because the CTVT head is in better scale, and doesn't have blue eyes. But now I realize I need to get one with brown instead of black hair.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎