X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Question about CTVT Skeletons

Has anyone bought any skeletons? How poseable are they and will they hold a sword?
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

the ones I bought all broke apart at the pelvis as soon as you moved them. the pegs that hold the arms and legs in are also not very sturdy. the head sculpt is really cool though and is rotocast

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

They're pretty good, will hold a sword.... although you might need to trim the handle, and yeah; the pelvis will split if you make them sit. A few drops of superglue fixes 'em right up though.

Don C.

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

Thanks. As a precaution im just going to order one and see what its like. I want like four of them if there durable enough.

Thought they might be neat in a Sinbad type of display with ragged clothes, red eyes, and a dirty look to the bones.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by ctc
          A few drops of superglue fixes 'em right up though.

Don C.
          I had a hand break off the wrist within minutes of touching. I'm thinking pinning and superglue.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

This was my experience as well. On some, the pevis socket is molded too small to tolerate the hip rotation. Regluing worked well and they are certainly Megoesque--good for pirates & Harryhausen stuff IMO.

Originally posted by ctc
            Hmmmm....

They're pretty good, will hold a sword.... although you might need to trim the handle, and yeah; the pelvis will split if you make them sit. A few drops of superglue fixes 'em right up though.

Don C.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>I had a hand break off the wrist within minutes of touching.

Really? I've never had that happen, and I"ve got a bunch of 'em that get played with.... er.... posed a lot. The hip bit I"ve had happen a couple of times, but those p[ieces are glued on anyhoo; which is why it's such an easy fix.

>I'm thinking pinning and superglue.

Good choice. Pinning fixes most problems.

Don C.

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

My kids liek the, but their pelvis' do seperate. A little super glue does the trick.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎