Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spidercrazy_123
    • May 24, 2007

8" Palitoy Green Carded Spider-man

Hey everyone, I'm new to this board! I have collected Spider-man toys for more than 10 years. I have been searching eBay since 1997 and I have never seen the Palitoy green carded Spider-man come up for sale. Is it really that rare? Has there been any on eBay at all? Could someone with more insight tell me more about this figure, any known examples that have been sold within the last 10 years, where I should look for it (other than eBay), and how much I would have to pay to get one?
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Welcome aboard, I have seen a Palitoy Spidey on ebay once or twice but not in a long time. I'm not sure what the going rate is but I'm sure others here do.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• English Paul
      Archive cased.
      • Aug 17, 2005

I can`t answer your question, but welcome aboard.

When I see all those loose WGSH here in the UK I have to wonder how many came off those Palitoy cards though.
      "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• megoioni
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 17, 2005

i need from years the spidey too & batman on green palitoy card ,
        they were sold also in Italy too , me memory still the display window of the store in center to Lecco that was full… and I bought spiderman and batman… present from my uncle Luciano

Comment

• dumbldor
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 9, 2002

Mark Huckabone has one and he is asking $15,000.

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

I don't think I've ever seen a green carded palitoy spiderman. Now I'll have to look at MM galleries to see him.

I just checked out the green card and I like the artwork on it alot. I really like how they did the palitoy cards artwork on all of them.
            Last edited by jemboy2004; May 26, '07, 8:44 AM.

Comment

• LovetheLizard
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 15, 2005

Originally posted by spidercrazy_123
              Hey everyone, I'm new to this board! I have collected Spider-man toys for more than 10 years. I have been searching eBay since 1997 and I have never seen the Palitoy green carded Spider-man come up for sale. Is it really that rare? Has there been any on eBay at all? Could someone with more insight tell me more about this figure, any known examples that have been sold within the last 10 years, where I should look for it (other than eBay), and how much I would have to pay to get one?
              I have been collecting Spider-Man for over 23 years and quite honestly never paid that much attention. However, with that being said, I have paid ALOT of attention in the past 5 years and have realized that the Palitoy green cards are among the hardest to come by. I have also spoke to Mark H. about these and other Mego collectors/toy dealers and with that being said, the marvel guys are much tougher than the DC counterparts. I would list by known to exist examples exclusive to Marvel Palitoy green cards...

1. Captain America 1
              2. The Lizard 2(1 confirmed on open card)
              3. The Thing 2-3?
              4. Spider-Man
              5. Human Torch

Here's hoping one day I will own a green Palitoy Lizard

Comment

• spidercrazy_123
                • May 24, 2007

Thanks for your answers... do you know if anyone could make a custom card?

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Anthony (The Toyroom) can if he's got an image.I'd love to have a repro Palitoy green card Captain America card!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Yup I can do repros for the Palitoy Green Spidey card. On the Green Cap card, I'm not sure I've ever seen a pic. Is the Cap image the same as the Palitoy Fist Fighter card? (The Spidey image is the same on both).
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• spidercrazy_123
                      • May 24, 2007

No, the Spidey image on the green card is totally different from the red fist fighter card. There are pictures in the galleries of both cards, check them out.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah I meant the Spidey image on the back of the Fist Fighter card is the same as the front of the green Spidey card....sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                          A Ray of Sunshine
                          • Jun 17, 2001

What about the pic on the green Cap card? Is it the same as the FF Cap or the back of it?

Comment

• spidercrazy_123
                            • May 24, 2007

Sorry ToyRoom but you're still wrong... even when the picture is mirrored, you can clearly see that the artwork is different. The legs may be in the same position but the arms are not. Could you make a card if I found the right picture? I'm pretty sure it's from a Spidey comic that I have.

Last edited by spidercrazy_123; Jul 2, '07, 4:48 PM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Hmmm....the back to the Spidey Palitoy FF card I'm talking about is this one...

....as seen in the Tomart Mego article (Part 6).

I wonder if there were two backs for the Spidey FF figure, the one you show (which is also used for Cap and the Lizard) and the one with just Spidey? Or if the solo Spidey back was only one, making it sort of unique? Anyone know?

Either way, I've made both the green Spidey card AND the pink FF Spidey card...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎