X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Super 7 goes retro with Alien

I rarely post SDCC news here (mostly because it's about stuff I don't collect) but this announcement from Super 7 is so huge it can't be ignored.

Super 7 has the Alien license which is not really earth shattering in of itself but it's the fact that they're going retro with it that's so exciting, what are they doing you ask?

1) They're doing a series of "Burger King" type glasses that are so freaking full of win that I wish they'd get every 70s sci fi license. I want to start my day with OJ from a "Westworld" glass and guzzle down my fifth "lunch beer" staring at Sean Connery from "Outland".

2) THEY'RE GIVING US THE 3 3/4" ALIEN ACTION FIGURE LINE THAT KENNER STUPIDLY DID NOT RELEASE! A HUGE WRONG IS FINALLY RIGHTED.

>

Here is the Kane figure prototype in it's vintage glory.

Oh and if that wasn't enough, they're doing Boba Fett as a Jumbo Machinder as well.

I am not sure I'll be reporting anything else from SDCC but I'm also not sure I have to either....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

had to pick my jaw up off the floor so that it could drop again.
    again, just wow

My only other wish would be that they could pick up the Dark Crystal line that was halted.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, this is awesome. Just when I was getting the itch to start picking up the few items Kenner did put out back in the day, and now this! Even the displays look retro, using the original Kenner artwork style and all. It will be great to finally have the Kenner figures, and the glasses are a great idea.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I can't make out the picture. Does Kane have the face-hugger on his face?
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BOTZWANA
          spam
          • May 28, 2009

How will I get these in Mexico? Argghhhh!!!!! Also I have never heard of the company Super 7. Are they a mass market toy company? Will they be at Toys R Us? Also IMAGINE....I have seen by proto photos that they only did Kane, Ripley, Dallas, and Ash....That leaves Brett, Parker, and Lambert. I wonder if it is possible to do them in a retro style too? And the egg. Ya gotta do an egg, and a chest burster.....and a facehugger.

If this line is successful imagine them doing an Aliens line! Not the crap that came out from Kenner that was a cross between Alien and GI Joe for crying out loud but a REAL Aliens line. An accurate Apone, Hicks, etc. without fractal tech gear! The mind boggles. There were so many times I put GI Joes into my GI Joe headquarters and tried to play out Aliens with the Kenner stuff. I hope this is MUCH better!
          Last edited by BOTZWANA; Jul 12, '12, 2:26 AM.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

That's great news.
            When I first found out about Kenner's 3.75 inch Alien prototypes years ago, I thought they were one of the coolest unproduced things ever.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
              Career Member
              • Sep 5, 2005

No, no face hugger on Kane. And I got my info wrong, that is not one of Kenner's prototypes, but Super 7's hard copy of it (created by scanning). Brian Flynn and Frank Supiot are doing an AMAZING thing. Also, you might not be able to make it out, but the middle panel is for Burgar King style drinking glasses S7 is gonna make too!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by BOTZWANA
                How will I get these in Mexico? Argghhhh!!!!!
                If you really want them, you will go to the website and order them, just like the rest of us, including some folks North of the border who pay the same extra international shipping costs and probably duty as well. Although perhaps diamond will pick these up so that they can be purchased via comic stores, although I would recommend special order.

It will be expensive because it is not very likely a mass market release and I doubt there will be a huge run of these. You will likely be paying art toy prices, not TRU prices, because that is who Super 7 are.

Good luck.
                Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 12, '12, 5:44 PM.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Yep, Super 7 is more of a boutique type of toy company, they don't do mass market releases. I'll likely be ordering mine right from them.

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                    spam
                    • May 28, 2009

I have a nerdy rule. If they are not out in Toys R Us.....Then they do not exist for me. I never internet exclusive toys. I find it incredibly insulting to me as a consumer. Like John Hammond said in Jurassic Park....¨Everyone in the world deserves the right to enjoy these animals.¨ If I go without no big whoop. They didn´t exist in the first place except for the elite who are willing to pay outrageous prices.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by BOTZWANA
                      I have a nerdy rule. If they are not out in Toys R Us.....Then they do not exist for me. I never internet exclusive toys. I find it incredibly insulting to me as a consumer. Like John Hammond said in Jurassic Park....¨Everyone in the world deserves the right to enjoy these animals.¨ If I go without no big whoop. They didn´t exist in the first place except for the elite who are willing to pay outrageous prices.
                      I know what you mean. It's like when there's this cafe in Mexico that's not across the street from me. It doesn't exist except for the elite few who can travel down there to go to it. It's incredibly insulting to me as a diner.

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

I don't buy much newly produced stuff for myself, but I'll have to pick these up.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Getting into Toys R Us is extremely hard. I vote with my dollar, I will buy these and anything else I like. It's not a slight against anyone nor is it elitist to cater to a niche market. However, it is likely thankless.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 5, 2005

Hell, I wish toys r us would carry everything I love, but to put it into perspective, most of the major toy retailers of the day did not order the 1981 wave of Remco's 9 inch Universal Monsters, which is why the Phantom of the Opera and the Creature as so hard to find. These are in no way elitist, but exactly the opposite: getting these amazing figures into the world.

Comment

• Tothiro
                              Kitten Mittens
                              • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              I know what you mean. It's like when there's this cafe in Mexico that's not across the street from me. It doesn't exist except for the elite few who can travel down there to go to it. It's incredibly insulting to me as a diner.
                              Hahahahaha.... Cool story bro! =)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎