X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Need help identifying a 1970's space module (Apollo?) playset/toy

I don't have a picture of it, but someone on here made a mention of the toy, and I've long since forgot about it. It was a toy I remember playing with in kindergarten. It was a plastic playset or sorts in shape of a space module of the Apollo ship. I remember it would open up on hinges and there was two or three levels or floors to it. I don't know if it came with any figures, but I think it might've been scaled for 3.75" figures. I don't think it was made by a famous toy company, but it was maybe more like something from Playskool or Playmobil. And it was released in the late 70's. I once saw a tiny picture of it in 1978 or 79 JC Penney or Sears Christmas catalog, but I can't find it on the web anywhere. Anyone know this toy? What's it's name and who made it? I'd greatly appreciate any info you might have. Thanks.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Just to be sure, it's not the "made-out-of-scale" Super Joe Rocket Command Center, right? I only ask because of the Apollo lander and hinge descriptions...
    sj775.jpg

BTW Señor Palitoy - I found a misdirect on the file link in Plaid Stallions here, the main page directs to sj774 instead of sj775:
    Hasbro spun off GI Joe into the futuristic adventures of 8 inch Super Joe for the years 1977 and 1978, the line failed.
    Last edited by Tothiro; Jul 7, '12, 7:31 PM.

Comment

• acrovader
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Tothiro
      Just to be sure, it's not the "made-out-of-scale" Super Joe Rocket Command Center, right? I only ask because of the Apollo lander and hinge descriptions...
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]595[/ATTACH]

BTW Señor Palitoy - I found a misdirect on the file link in Plaid Stallions here, the main page directs to sj774 instead of sj775:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/hasbro/77superjoe.html
      Nope, definitely not the Rocket Command Center. Incidentally, I was able to score a complete (and in good condition) Super Joe Rocket Command Center for dirt cheap off of ebay last Christmas.

Comment

• kinostadt
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 14, 2004

Any chance it was the Viking 2 shuttle playset from Enco? I believe that was released in the late '70s. I'll look around for a photo.
        It was very cheaply made and included one 3 3/4" astronaut.

Comment

• kinostadt
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 14, 2004

I just took a few photos of mine so you can see what I'm referring to.

Last edited by kinostadt; Jul 7, '12, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• acrovader
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by kinostadt
            I just took a few photos of mine so you can see what I'm referring to.

Yes! That's it! Thanx a million!

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

Nice! A happy resolution and I learned something - I've never seen one of those guys. =)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎