Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTVT Fonzie Jacket starting to disintegrate?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

CTVT Fonzie Jacket starting to disintegrate?

My son has a Fonz that he plays with a lot. The fake leather jacket is starting to crumble and disintegrate, almost like a rot, around the inside hem of the jacket front. It is not a big deal to me and I am sure in my "junk drawer" I have a Mego Fonz Jacket to use if needed, but he doesn't like it. I was wondering if anyone else was finding this to happen?
    It's all good!
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I ordered a few of these for my animal Man customs and some did have that going on even inside the baggy. I had enough good ones to do my project, but yeah, you are not alone.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

Scott's right. This seems to be hit or miss. Derek was telling me at megomeet about getting a bunch of bad ones. I've ordered 5-6 and never had a problem.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Honestly I don't think anything they make is durable enough to withstand actual toy play, including the new (over-rated) KISS figures. Which is too bad. Your son should be able to have adventures and not worry about the outfit falling apart in his hands.

Comment

• Apositive
          Career Member
          • Apr 3, 2011

I have a few Fonzies I got for free and I've experienced the same problem. Since I got them as freebies, I don't really mind but it's shoddy workmanship----from CTVT....no surprises.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

Although I got my 4 loose Happy Days figure months ago, I just recently stripped Fonz down for custom pieces. Oh yeah, cracked and broken pieces and it seems that the jacket has reacted with the vinyl head and white shirt. Back neck is turning black, and there seems to be some reaction with shirt as well. "Almost like a rot" to the jacket.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎