X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

The "rarest" WGSH

Over the past month I've been searching for different Mego action figures. I've pretty much completed a POTA set and have started to move into other lines such as WGSH. I've picked up a couple but 2 that I have been looking for are eluding me due to price and "scarcity": Aquaman and Tarzan. Are these two truly rare and "hard to find"? There seems to be no shortage of original Superman, Batman, Shazam, Captain America, Spider-Man, Robin, but those two seem to be in short supply.
    Scott
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

both are fairly common figures. Maybe just recently they haven't been as abundant as they usually are but give it a little time and I'm sure you'll score on both.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

If you are talking MOC then Aquman is a rare one and as far as i know an MOC Tarzan is nonexsitant, But loose they are not to hard to find but on E-BAY i've noticed alot of people bid on Aqumans, Try posting a want thread on marketplace here

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

I'm staying away from anything MOC as far as Megos go. I just can't afford them.
        Scott

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Aquaman is pretty easy to get...but add that Great White shark with him and then you're talking about hard to get.......When you're new to Megos it's always best to buy Loose ones first.This way you get into it slowly before you decide if you want to get them Boxed or carded....

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

yup pretty easy to find,now the RM Robin or the RC Batman are a lot harder to find
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
              yup pretty easy to find,now the RM Robin or the RC Batman are a lot harder to find
              Funny thing is that I've see more RC Batman figures than Tarzan and Aquaman on eBay in the past month. But in all fairness, half of the RC Batman figures were repros.
              Scott

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

I've found getting a loose minty Aquaman is kind of tough. He shows up in figure lots, all the time, but his outfit most of the time is trashed ... the fin things are ripped off his legs, and they almost always have a hole in the foot, the black from the shorts color runs into the green on the legs and the orange of the shirt ... He can be a headache.

When a nice one shows up, the bidders sure can bid

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

it's always hard to find that one figure when you're looking for it and then once you have one, that figure pops up everywhere!!!

Comment

• Overkill
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 19, 2007

Originally posted by starsky
                    it's always hard to find that one figure when you're looking for it and then once you have one, that figure pops up everywhere!!!

Not to mention cheaper and in much better condition too! Life is cruel sometimes with irony like that.

Comment

• UOBob
                      Mostly Harmless
                      • Jul 18, 2006

It has become quite clear to me that the "rarest" WGSH is which ever one I happen to be trying to lay my hands on at that moment.
                      мое судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Comment

• English Paul
                        Archive cased.
                        • Aug 17, 2005

Check out this... Mego Museum Scarcity Index

Hover your mouse over the pics for the description.

Hope it helps.
                        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Tha's a pretty cool feature. I'd have to say that Superman should be closer to 2 or even a 1 though.
                          Scott

Comment

• English Paul
                            Archive cased.
                            • Aug 17, 2005

Maybe. Plenty of Superman figures around, but not many with the original emblem. I'm willing to bet it's that little sticker that makes all the difference.
                            "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Those dang stickers! I recently purchased a T-1 Superman and 2 T-2 Shazam figures and both have repro stickers. And the sellers did warn me in advance.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎