X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Best and Worst Famous Covers

I was just rearranging my CTVT and Famous Covers.

I set up Hawkeye and thought - WOW that is a great figure!

The rest of the ones I have range from ridiculous to pretty good.

My least favorite - I had, but sold - is Daredevil. Man is this thing BAD.

Trying not to have ties or lists - What are your picks?
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Red Skull would probably be my favourite, I found most of them to be trainwrecks though.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Red Skull would probably be my favourite, I found most of them to be trainwrecks though.
      Red Skull would be my pick for best as well. Too bad he came far too late. I can't understand how this line looks as off as it does. The sculpting is there, but the facial choices are what really wrecks it. The head size was too small on most, but the screaming faces really ruin the whole line. And I've yet to figure out what kind of emotion the Peter Parker face is supposed to convey. It's almost as if Aunt May is trying to give him a spoonful of Castor Oil.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

What I can't believe is the amazing ruckus these things caused when they first appeared. I seem to recall lengthy flame wars as to what was better. Now it feels like almost no one collects these any more.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I have a Love hate for them...I liked the fact that Cloth figures were back but I thought the Sculpting on some of these were horrible....and dear God the women look like men.

Spiderman was Horrible and what were they thinking when they did the two pack Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Girl? No Thing and No Human Torch..I ended up changing the heads on both of them and making my own Human torch and Getting the Thing from another line to make my FF.

My Favs are Ironman,Hawkeye,Thor,The Vision,The Falcon.The Red Skull..Movie version Wolverine.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Red Skull and Hulk are my faves, worst was most if not all the rest.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I agree. I think Hawkeye is probably one of the most interchangable with other action figure lines. He looks like he would fit in perfect with the current Hasbro line up. There isn't much more that can claim that. Red Skull comes pretty close but the rest are marginal at best.

The worst of that lot can be something of a contest as well. I personally hate the Hulk. He looks like a pre-school doll with the baby face, ill-fitting pants, and misproportioned hands and waist line. The next would have to be the Green Goblin. Terrible facial expression and his setup in the box begs to ask the question, "What were they thinking?" The Wolverine figure (both variations) are just not up to snuff either.

Figures that had potential ( in no particular order) are the Vision (almost got it but the head was too small), Dr. Doom (overworked on the rubber appliances) and the Falcon. I like the head sculpt but it was seated on this body with a mega huge chest, which just isn't him. The same with Cap and Thor.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Hulk, Thor, Captain America & IronMan are my Fav's. Particularly the Thor. Worst,.. All the chicks. They had such angry faces, & Looked like possesed demons or Death Witches. I couldn't stand them.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

You would think that after seeing the mego oven mits that FC would have bypassed that phase. Yet the earlier figures have those monster sized glove hands that look ridicoulous and like mego changed to cuffs and colored hands.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I've only got Scarlet Witch (bleech!), Dark Phoenix (ennnh), Hawkeye and Vision (my favorite)....these never excited me really.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

i got so excited over them thinking that megos had in a way come back but was disappointed at the sculpts. i think the best ones would be iron man, hawkeye, redskull, and thor.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah the Red skull is pretty bad and so is the Thor
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

I liked Thor the best, and The Hulk was cool too. Oddly enough, I even liked Aunt May just because she was freakishly scary. I thought Daredevil was cool except for his incorrect logo. Hawkeye was really cool.

I hated the Spider-Man because his mask was lame and his face was pretty stupid. Doom's rubber armor bothered me.

I got rid of all of them except for Aunt May. Her head was transplanted onto a Mego female T1 body (thanks Benjamin Holcomb for the education on Mego female body types) because I just couldn't part with her. I love me some Famous Covers Aunt May.

Last edited by DocDrako; Jan 19, '08, 4:20 AM. Reason: facts
                          "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• garagesale
                            Dept. of Mego Studies
                            • Aug 8, 2006

the worst: tossup between Aunt May and Spiderwoman

the best: Green Goblin

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

as far as custom fodder goes, I like the hulk/sabretooth body and the psylocke/spider-girl bodies with regular feet and the smooth knee joint. Both the other type male bodies are horrid.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎