• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Earth 2

I am still confused.
    I keep reading that this new Earth 2 is supposed to be the original precrisis Earth 2 heroes somewhere right after crisis in the late 80s. The costume changes are supposed to be a artist view to tell them apart from the current Earth 1 JSA guys.
    Does anybody know or has heard anything that is legit?

What I have gathered from a website that goes against anything I have heard...

In the final issue of 52, a new Multiverse is revealed, originally consisting of 52 identical realities. Among the parallel realities shown is one designated "Earth-2". As a result of Mister Mind "eating" aspects of this reality, it takes on visual aspects similar to the pre-Crisis Earth-2, including the Justice Society of America characters. The names of the characters and the team are not mentioned in the panel in which they appear.[2]

Based on comments by Grant Morrison, this alternate universe is not the pre-Crisis Earth-2.[3]

Anybody have any idea?
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • ShadowAvenger
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

Hopefully, the answer may be explained in Booster Gold's new series where he explores the 52 Earths. Either that or we'll have to wait until next summer when the JLA, JSA and JSA team up.
    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

I think the idea is, this is Earth 2 postcrisis, same as the regular DCU we're been reading for the past 20 years is Earth 1 postcrisis.

In otherwords, Earth 2 was affected by changes as well, so you can still say the DCU was affected by the first Crisis. Just not the way we thought.

You can consider it as though it's been 20 years since we last saw Earth 2, so there's BOUND to be changes.

That's how I'm wrapping my head around it. Prevents me from becoming upset everytime my childhood is dragged out and beat with a stick.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Wolverine1969
        Career Member
        • Apr 7, 2005

Well it isn't just you, I'm pretty confused myself.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎