X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

MegoMeet TNG

It was totally refreshing to see how many kids were not only running around the show but also highly involved in the MegoMeet activities. Watching this generation of children work all day on Saturday putting together their custom figures, asking me for paints and actually doing stuff that doesn't involve a video game was inspiring.

I know we have a great group of guys and gals here, I get to see a bunch of them every year, but seeing the way these kids behave, interact and show artistic interest in things that don't have batteries and a viewscreen really is a testimonial to the solid foundation of our community. Seeing the next generation of toy geeks grow up, even just once a year, makes my advancing age seem insignificant and brings validation to my love of this hobby. It does realistically have a future beyond just us. I am now a believer.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

If you build it they will come!!! I can't tell you how stoked my 13 year old is about this custom design... As soon as I sat at the end of her bed when I came home from work the rattling off of her design concept for her heroine... She is gonna have this and cover hr face this way and is going to be a cross of this one with the hair and this one with the eyes and her body... We even went a step further and I created a concept for a story line... I gave her the background and her and her cousin are running with it... her mother is just as excited... This was my 2nd Meet experience and their first needless to say you hooked 2 more fans )

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

I never thought my daughter would want to make a custom, but she did. toward the end, she knew who to go to for what supplies. I enjoyed the fact that so many kids were into doing something with their minds, instead of sitting in a corner on a phone.
      sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Ben loves the custom contest. Thanks for helping him out this year Scott. He was very proud of the Batman he made.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• trekman101
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2009

My son also loves the custom contest......all through his planning of what figure to make he kept saying how he wanted to show it to you and every one who helped with the parts......thanks again Scott
          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

With so many kids in costume, perhaps we can add a costume contest to the mix!

There really is something special about this show... You never see the bored kids being dragged around like other shows. It helps that it's a toy museum of course, but it's terrific that the custom contest exists, and they are encouraged to create their own characters (I can't think of a better role model than Scott/Random Axe). It's the family picnic atmosphere as well... Between the group photo, the Friday pizza night, and seeing the kids playing with each other as mom or dad chats with friends nearby.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎