X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Torchwood season 2

Well ....I won't put up any spoilers ....what can I say...as a first episode it was okish...Loved James Marsters costume(custom anyone?) and the fact that more of the Time Agancy is slowly being revealed....but not a great episode.....Hopefully it will improve.
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

Whilst i'm not a homophobe, I did think they overdid a bit with the man love. We all know Captain Jack prefers the company of men, but I'm not sure it needed to be so graphic. If it had been a really impressive episode I might have forgiven them but at the moment that's all that stands out.

I do hope it gets better. Martha jones makes an appearance this week so it will be interesting to see how she fits in.
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

It's going to premier here in the US this coming Saturday on BBC America.

I can't wait to see it ..... They've been running season-1 so often over and over it's making me sick...

We all know Captain Jack prefers the company of men, but I'm not sure it needed to be so graphic.

I hope we are not treated to more than Jack just kissing guys

After all the endless reruns of Season-1, I think i'll like a new episode no matter what they play
      Last edited by Mikey; Jan 21, '08, 9:14 AM.

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

In Top Gear they sprayed the side of there pick-ups with the words 'Man Love Rules OK' and nearly got shot driving around Alabama.
        Maybe Jack could spray that on the side of the TARDIS, just for jollies.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          • Nov 21, 2007

Just watched the first episode again and man love apart it was alot better 2nd time round..will report on ep 2 soon....
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• English Paul
            Archive cased.
            • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by English Paul
            Martha jones makes an appearance this week so it will be interesting to see how she fits in.
            Well I was wrong on that statement. Last weeks episode did give the impression that she'd be in it.

Last nights (ep2) was pretty good. No men getting aquainted with each other. A bit of inuendo which was comical and quite a lot of blood. It reminded me of the early X-Files stuff.
            "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              • Nov 21, 2007

SPOILER ALERT..........................................

Episode 2 was much much better and I like the idea of the sleeper cell...and impending invasion...gives a nice shroud of doom for the series. Love Gwen and Tosh....they look lovelier than ever this season......you never know we could get a woman love episode between those two.
              The one thing that is annoying me is the obvious attraction between Cap Jack and Gwen...he looked so upset when he was told of the engagement yet this was after snogging Cap John and basically snoggin all and sundry last season....how are you supposed to feel any angst for the feelings between them when she's been a bit of a slapper and so has he????

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Heh, I just started watching the first season on Sci-Fi. I like it, I'm a fan
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  • Nov 21, 2007

Is that the first time its been shown in Belgium Meule if so it seems a long wait...maybe they'll whack on season 2 straight after...

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                    Is that the first time its been shown in Belgium Meule if so it seems a long wait...maybe they'll whack on season 2 straight after...
                    Actually, it's not even on Belgian TV channels. Sci-Fi is pay per view
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Wow, Thomas
                      You can get Sci Fi Channel in Belgium ?
                      I didn't know it was broadcast outside the US

Is it the standard American channel ?
                      Or is there special European versons ?...

Interesting

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                        • Nov 21, 2007

seems to be a european version or at least I remember reading it as such...we get it in England as part of a package deal.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

I just watched S-2 episode-1 on BBC America tonight.

It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was anything great either.

It was just kinda like a mediocre Season-1 episode, imo.

BBC America is notorious for a lot of editing,(sometimes 5 or minutes hacked out of the original UK airing) so i'm guessing I missed a lot of the man love complaints...

Basically all they showed was a short Jack kiss from the start... and a few innuendo's throughout the episode.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by type1kirk
                            Wow, Thomas
                            You can get Sci Fi Channel in Belgium ?
                            I didn't know it was broadcast outside the US

Is it the standard American channel ?
                            Or is there special European versons ?...

Interesting
                            It's a Dutch version, also part of a package, together with 13th Street and the MGM Movie Channel

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                              • Nov 21, 2007

K just seen episode 3 and it was a cracker...really good stuff...thought they'd written themselves into a corner at one point and would leave a gaping plot hole but they pulled it off...the series is gaining in momentum and looks like its gonna be a winner if it keeps it up.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎