X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Mego Meet recap (with photos) & pickups

Got home a couple of hours ago and still have not completely unpacked. I'm sitting here wondering the same thing I do every year, how does a 3 night trip with a 7 + hour drive each way go by so fast? The reason is always the same, when you are having nothing but fun that's what happens.
    This year things got off to a quick start as I saw Scott (Random Axe) as soon as I got to the Super 8 and he informed me the get together had already begun!

I quickly unpacked and for the first time, I went over to the Museum to help set up with Chuck (megocrazy) and Jim (megojim) where we met Scott, Steve (EMC Hammer) and Chris (Chris DVM).

After that everyone that had arrived up to that point went
    to Hoss's for what was sadly one of two final dinners there.

After that is Mego Suite opened with people coming and going until there was only four left at a little after one in the morning and we called it a night. I can't emphasize enough that this is the real highlight of the trip.

Friday, I made the mistake of having the chicken Mcnuggets from McDonald's and spent most of the afternooon/early evening fighting what was probably food poisoning. I managed to get it out of my system though and make it to the "official" start of the Meet around 5.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

At that point the heavy selling was in progress and I made my first purchase of the weekend a boxed Green Goblin from Derek C. (Megospidey). Pic of that and my other pickups at the end.
    Throughout the day I saw Brian H. (Palitoy), Ed L. (SamuriNoir)
    Derek R (Flynn), Berto (Blue Meanie), Tom (WannabeMego), Paul C. (Hulk) and Austin (megowgsh), James D (Garagesale). Also met Corey (swankcat) and Toyman Chris for the first time.
    Saturday is pretty much the panel day and I always take all of those in.

I made a few purchases and also participate din the custom auction. Unfortunately I lost out on the gold edition Iron Man to Trappy (Trappy Trek Freak) after a tight bidding bar.

Since everyone was packing up I went back to my room and later went back to Hoss's with John F. (Human Werewolf) where everyone gathered for the last meal.

The night was capped off with the traditional Mego races.

Too much to recap but it's fantastic way to close things out and great fun for everyone. Especially when the races get tight like this!

By vintagemike at 2012-06-10

Spent a short time at the Mego Suite afterward but said my goodbyes at an "early" 11:10 since I was planning to leave at 5:00 A.M. Sunday.

Took time to get a shot of my pickups.

Can't forget to mantion ScottA,Brian B, and Chad G (Noelani). Anyone I am missing I apologize profusely!

Finally it goes without saying we all missed Art (MegoMilk), Rose (ElectricRose), John M. (JonMiic) and DaveMc. This is a special group because we know they hate missing it as much as we miss their presence there.
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Nice pick ups my man, didn't know you grabed that goblin, NICE! Couldn't meet a nicer guy than Mike, enjoyed hanging out with you sir.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Made it home a little while ago..showed the family our loot and retold stories...getting caught up here and uploading my pics too.
      But Mike said what a lot of us will say anyways...great time, great people, great weekend.
      Family all the way.
      Truly a great time.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2011

Yes, Nice Goblin pick up.

I want to go to Mego Meet 2013 next year for sure.

Is it always in WV ?

Same place ?
        Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
        :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
        I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
          Yes, Nice Goblin pick up.

I want to go to Mego Meet 2013 next year for sure.

Is it always in WV ?

Same place ?
          I Believe there was in fact some talk of holding it in Florida next year! Can you recommend a free venue that won't cost anything down there?
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Mike, you bidding war with Trappy really got the auction off to an epic start! And even if you didn't get it, that Mary Jane is a total score. I've been drooling over Megospidey's MJ and Gwen for years. Those obutsu bodies are impossible to find now, and are the best comic book proportioned female bodies ever produced in Mego scale.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

Just be sure to keep Mary Jane away from the Green Goblin. We all know what happened to Gwen. Is that too geeky even for this board?

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                Just be sure to keep Mary Jane away from the Green Goblin. We all know what happened to Gwen. Is that too geeky even for this board?
                Not in the slightest Terry. I wish we had had more time to geek out like that in person this weekend.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                  70's Era Pimp
                  • Sep 7, 2011

Glad you had a safe trip home. Awesome meeting you! Looking forward to next year!

Comment

• Megospidey
                    Museum Webslinger
                    • Jul 26, 2006

You scored some really nice stuff Mike. Glad you spent most of your money with me

It was good visiting with you. Hope you had an enjoyable ride home.

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

^^^Maybe we should have the current MM threads in the Members Lounge for 6 mo.'s to a year so people can swear without being filtered. Not because we really need to but y'know, just to create more work for EMCEHammer & ScottA.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                        Custom Mego Maker
                        • Jun 3, 2007

werd.
                        peeps.

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Always a pleasure Mike.
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                            Type3Toys Has Transformed
                            • Oct 5, 2011

Enjoyed riding with you Mike.
                            View My Customs
                            www.type3toys.com
                            or check here
                            http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎