PDA

View Full Version : To Open or Not To Open - That is the ?

Hotfoot
Jan 17, '08, 4:52 PM
Went by a Comic shop I have not been to in years. He had Kirk, Spock, Klingon and the Andorian from EMCE. Resistance was Futile and they beamed aboard the Hotfoot Shuttle for the trip home.

Now the question is do I open them or not open them.

I probably should open them and put them in some acrylic cases as one of the bubbles is already soft by Kirks foot.

txteach
Jan 17, '08, 4:56 PM
Since they are repos I say open them and play! I bought 2 cases of Romulans so I can make a "balance of terror" bridge scene.

toys2cool
Jan 17, '08, 4:57 PM
Don't these come in resealable cases? if so i say open them :grin: you only live once man,I'd even sit down and play with them for a while

sauce
Jan 17, '08, 5:05 PM
PLAY!!! that's where the fun is.....:yeah:

Meule
Jan 17, '08, 7:13 PM
Since they are repos I say open them and play! I bought 2 cases of Romulans so I can make a "balance of terror" bridge scene.

Now that I would love to see

fallensaviour
Jan 17, '08, 7:42 PM
Opened all mine so far plus my son opened his as well. :yes:
Ah.. it brought me back.Megos fresh off the card.My son has saved his card backers???
He likes the cool scenes on the back.

Bo8a_Fett
Jan 18, '08, 4:06 AM
Revel in the smell of newly unpackaged plastic my friend......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hotfoot
Jan 18, '08, 5:52 AM
Its going to be a nasty possibly snowey weekend so they will come out and play!

Type3Toys
Jan 18, '08, 6:02 AM
Open them for sure! You can always get a set to hang on yur wall too. I always try to by doubles of stuff I really like so I can open one and play with th other!

Hotfoot
Jan 18, '08, 6:11 AM
Open them for sure! You can always get a set to hang on yur wall too. I always try to by doubles of stuff I really like so I can open one and play with th other!

Got in trouble for buying the 4. :terror:

I have to send her for a massage now. :smiley1:

I can imagine what she would say if I bought duplicates!
I can't afford the entire spa treatment! :juggleyes_y:

Dave Mc
Jan 18, '08, 7:09 AM
Oh these are made to be opened! I mean, they are reproductions after all, so currently have no "collectable" value (maybe in another 20 years or so). I say open them up and play. I had mine about 30 seconds before they were free. :biggrin:

megocrazy
Jan 18, '08, 11:06 AM
Rip em open!!!!! They're new, play with em! They're resealable!!! They're non-vintage toys. Open em up!! Dress the Andorian in Dinah-Mite clothes and have Spock make him dance while firing phaser blasts at his feet. (Not that I've done that mind you.) OK but it was just once. :silly:

palitoy
Jan 18, '08, 11:31 AM
If there was ever a point to a reproduction, it was a guilt free bubble rip.

raider5gt
Jan 18, '08, 12:36 PM
If they are re-sealable then i will open them up,have a little play,then put them back in the packet. Well i aint a kid no more :grin: well maybe inside:wink_y:

HardyGirl
Jan 18, '08, 2:33 PM
Oh heck yeah! Open 'em up and PLAY! Of course, most of you who know me, know that I do this even when it's not a repro!:grin:

Hotfoot
Jan 18, '08, 9:05 PM
Spock has come out of the Clamshell and look what he found.

EMCE Spock discovers a bit of history! - Mego Talk (http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=7639)

SlipperyLilSuckers
Jan 18, '08, 9:30 PM
Good to see you have been enjoying playing :)

Hotfoot
Jan 18, '08, 9:58 PM
Just starting. Now that the Kids are in bed Dad can play!

DocDrako
Jan 19, '08, 6:09 AM
I always open everything I buy which is why I don't collect unopened Megos. The temptation is too much for me. I've already opened and stripped my new repro Treks down to their skin. I redressed them of course, but I just had to remove everything first.

:crazy:

Hotfoot
Jan 19, '08, 12:43 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/HotfootGT/Action%20Figures/100_0967.jpg
January 19, 2008 in Marietta Georgia

Lynn TXP 0369
Jan 19, '08, 8:14 PM
I finally opened mine, I took and repositioned the equipment and put it back in the card so it looked like a real MEGO packaged figure.
I played with them too of coarse before I put them back.

Lynn

Hotfoot
Jan 20, '08, 5:30 AM
Trying to get them to stand long enough in the snow for a picture was tough.
Spock has a leg that seems shorter so he leans and falls over. The captains shield is coming off and both are limp wristed.