Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONE toy you miss in your collection!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickD
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 31, 2011

The ONE toy you miss in your collection!

You sold it and now you want it back!

Mine is a MINT ON THE CARD Super Amigos Riddler!
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Just about every custom Trek crewman I have ever sold LOL
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

mego mystery astronaut
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

If I had to pick one toy, I'd say it WAS the Remco Creature...not because I sold it but because my folks threw it away on me. Which was weird because my toys were always my own but they just threw that one away. I loved it as a kid because I played with him all the time and as time went on and I found out how rare he is, it kind of hurt to not have him any more on several levels. I had to pay through the nose to get it back so it's off the list now but it was a long time coming to get him back.

If I had to pick something I sold, I really regret selling my box of vintage Transformers to a comic store in the mid 90's. One huge box with some great well cared for complete figures for $100. I also sold off an original carded Uzay figure that there are apparently only 2 known to have surfaced. I got decent money for it at the time, but if I had it to sell today, I'd probably get 5x's what I got for it then. Also the Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor figures I had once for the same reasons I mentioned on the Transformers and Uzay. Today, I don't think there's any one thing I sold off and wished I didn't just so I could still have it in my collection, it's all stuff I wished I held on to a little longer to sell for more cash! (Except for that Creech!)
        Last edited by spacecaps; Jun 5, '12, 11:03 AM.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Tothiro
          Kitten Mittens
          • Aug 28, 2008

Hmm. Mission to Gamma VI is kind of a sold bummer - but not so strong as regret. I'm taking a long view on that one and know it will come back around, but it's a little more obvious now that I'm 1 boot away from a complete loose Trek group.
          I miss the Mattel Space:1999 Eagle too for the same reason - I didn't have any Palitoy Space figures when I sold it.

Comment

• mike69
            Museum Super Collector
            • May 4, 2011

All of them!!

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

too many to pick just one
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Solid Box Superman.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Ghost of Captain Kidd.
                  Sure, I now have another one, but I want the one of my childhood back. I traded it with a friend way back, and he has kept it ever since.
                  I remember buying Kidd on a trip to England, and playing with him (in his casket box) on the boat trip back home. Shiver me timbers!!!!
                  He is quite unique, cause he's stained with 35 year old Green Slime!
                  I'd recognize him anywhere...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                    • Aug 14, 2007

I had the Bat-Lab VW bus. I loved that thing and I have no idea what happened to it. It is just GONE.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

Mattel's Starbird.

I used to freakin love that ship, took it everywhere since the front caem off to form a smaller ship. I would love to track one of those down again, but I'm sure the prices are stupid. I never got the enemy ship either. That would be nice to have.

I have always, always wanted but never had a Shogum Warrior Raydeen. I had Dragun and loved him, but there was something about Raydeen.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

That's easy and not because monetary value. Along with handful of ESB/ROTJ Star Wars figures I sold my large size R2-D2 mu aunt bought for as a child. I regret seeling all of that stuff but I was able to get a couple of the ESB figures back. The R2 had nothing to distinguish is was mine so I didn't even ask when I returned to the store many years later to see if any of my stuff was still there. R@ also made a couple of childhood photos so that makes sting a bit more.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Random Axe
                          Mattel's Starbird.

I used to freakin love that ship, took it everywhere since the front caem off to form a smaller ship. I would love to track one of those down again, but I'm sure the prices are stupid. I never got the enemy ship either. That would be nice to have.

I have always, always wanted but never had a Shogum Warrior Raydeen. I had Dragun and loved him, but there was something about Raydeen.
                          You mean...

...this one, Scott! Had two of them when I was kid. My brother broke one and I have no idea what happened to the other one, but they were majorly cool!
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

That's the one CHris. I so want to track one down. I can't remember what the enemy ship was...
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• mike69
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • May 4, 2011

Originally posted by Random Axe
                              That's the one CHris. I so want to track one down. I can't remember what the enemy ship was...
                              It was called the Avenger, if I remember correctly.. I see the Starbird on Ebay often but, it's usually not complete. Mostly the turret gun and small removable ships are missing..

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎