X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Godzilla and the Shogun Warriors

That title sounds like the coolest cartoon we never got but it's just the contents of the 1979 Mattel catalog, this time focusing on all the cool Shogun Warriors and Godzilla merchandise at the time. Launching fists, pre transformable mecha and Godzilla gets himself a gang.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Instead we got Godzilla and Gadzooky.

I got the small diecast Poseidon at a yeard sale in the 80s. I used him as a Transformer. It was only years later that I figured out what he was.

My buddy Mitch is a HUGE Godzilla fan. In the dawning days of ebay he lamented losing his childhood Shogun Godzilla. I found one for him at an antique mall for $5. When I gave it to him, I got to see a grown man cry.

These are VERY cool toys. I don't have any sentimental affection for them, but their coolness factor is off the charts.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• joshvox
      Clown Prince of Crime
      • Mar 21, 2006

I had a shogun godzilla as a hand-me-down from my cousin, it was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I'd like to get another one, but shipping is always a ton on these for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 18, 2007

I had almost every one of the original big robots and Godzilla. They were always great for giving G.I. Joe or even regular army men something to fight. Godzilla turns up pretty regularly at conventions and even the ocassional flea market so you should be able to find one where you don't have to pay shipping.

I had almost forgotten about those little "Godzilla's Gang" guys. The gang was all from the Ultraman TV shows for some reason rather than from the Godzilla movies. I still have the robot looking guy whose name was King Joe I believe. I also have a rubber bendy Godzilla in a similar scale that the drug stores used to carry back in the 70's. It had a great card with graphics of Godzilla fighting tanks.

- Sweep
        - Sweep

Comment

• Chris DVM
          Veterinarian Member
          • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
          Still got my Godzilla (with his shooting hand) and his original box. Sitting proudly next to one of the Shogun warriors I also have from my youth. Always really loved those toys.
          Chris DVM
          "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• joshvox
            Clown Prince of Crime
            • Mar 21, 2006

Originally posted by Chris DVM
            Still got my Godzilla (with his shooting hand)
            That in and of itself is quite an accomplishment. Mine had no hand when I got it, and the tongue stopped working shortly thereafter.
            Last edited by joshvox; May 25, '07, 4:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Elastic Hulk
              Mego Elastic Superhero
              • Nov 24, 2006

If you love the Shogun Warriors then you've had to of heard of Mr. Big Toyland in Waltham, Mass. One of the greatest toy stores ever and it was around during the best times! I can remember all the Mego's on the selves carded and boxed.

This is a commercial from the early '80's for the amazing 'Mr. Big Toyland' in Waltham Mass. It was on Moody street and was legendary due to the fact that i...

Anyone here ever been there?
              The new geek/fanboy movement is here!! Check out Hero Envy if your a fan of toys, comics, movies, cartoons, sci-fi, and other nostalgia that matters in life!!

glintofhope.com

Comment

• Elastic Hulk
                Mego Elastic Superhero
                • Nov 24, 2006

Here's a nice link so you can see all the Shogun Warriors and accessories.

The new geek/fanboy movement is here!! Check out Hero Envy if your a fan of toys, comics, movies, cartoons, sci-fi, and other nostalgia that matters in life!!

glintofhope.com

Comment

• Sowth
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 14, 2006

I'm a bit of a Shogun collector, here's a pic of my boxed Jumbos from a couple of years ago, it has been added to a bit since then. (Including one from a fellow board member that is in the air as we speak )

Cheers!
                  Will
                  Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• RG
                    Removed.
                    • Oct 1, 2004

I never had any Shoguns as a kid and didn't know anything about them until the mid 90's. Just a couple of weeks ago I picked up a 5" diecast Poseidon for $5 he's dead mint but no missiles ... it's the first time I had ever held a Shogun toy

Comment

• Wolverine1969
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 7, 2005

Had Great Mazinga as a kid. Gave him to my nephew when I was in high school and now he is gone.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

I've got all the big American release Jumbos but Daimos someday I'll get him question was that one vehicle made the one numbered 2991 i think I cant read it to blury But I don't remeber it

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by Sowth
                          I'm a bit of a Shogun collector, here's a pic of my boxed Jumbos from a couple of years ago, it has been added to a bit since then. (Including one from a fellow board member that is in the air as we speak )

Cheers!
                          Will
                          WOW, that photo is a sight to behold. I loved these. I had Raydeen and Godzilla, two of my favorite toys ever. I didn't have any of the others but a couple of my friends had them, so we spent hours playing with them. Didn't take long to lose most of the missiles

Comment

• The Sentry
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Sowth

Cheers!
                            Will
                            OMG man! Totally sweet! Damn I olny have a jacked up Mazinga and Raydeen. Damn one day I will have them all!
                            sigpic
                            http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                            [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎