Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What vintage toy have you seen only once?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuntsister
    • Mar 8, 2005

What vintage toy have you seen only once?

I have been collecting over 20 years, and there are a few vintage toys that are so insanely rare that I have only seen one time for sale. I don't include prototypes - I mean full production toys. As an example, I have only seen one 1966 boxed Green Hornet Black Beauty Dashboard from Remco for sale. It was on eBay about 10 years ago. It's not even in the Remco catalogs.

Wondering what vintage toys that you have seen only once for sale as well, which qualify them as "Sasquatch Rare" or even "Loch Ness Monster Rare."

• mike69
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 4, 2011

When I was about 5 or 6 my parents got me a "Super Big Wheel", it looked like chopper with a high and low shifter between the handle bars, I see pictures of them every now and then. I never see one for sale. I would love to find one now..

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

I had a Marx Rat Patrol set when I was 6 years old, and I've never come across another "in the wild" either boxed or loose pieces. I did see one once at the Atlantique City antique show about 15 years ago and they wanted a grand for it then.

Another would be the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Seaview playset. Another lost birthday present....

And, I have to say I have never seen either GRE-GORY the Vampire Bat or ROM in person ever. Only in pictures and old comic book ads....

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

the carded Mr.Rock by lincoln..I had one I sold and one sealed that sold on ebay for $5,500
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I saw a Popy Jumbo Machinder Garada K-7 only once (but not for sale), at the Bandai Museum in Japan. I think there are only three confirmed specimens in existence. The other two are in private collections, and at least one of those collectors keeps his in a bank safe deposit box. I think this guy qualifies as "insanely rare". It's existence wasn't even confirmed until around 10 years ago.

Here's a pic I took when I made the "pilgrimage" to go see it:

Last edited by cjefferys; May 31, '12, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Please refer to my Nerd Therapy Session about my Tigrrrrr scooter. My mom found that at a thrift store when I was little, and I've never seen one since. Also there were these roller skates I had. They were advertised on TV as indoor/outdoor skates that could double as race cars for your toys. I had a blue pair that attached to my shoes, and I haven't seen those since either. I don't even know the company who made them.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• babycyclops
              Career Member
              • Jul 9, 2010

I've only seen these Timpo Captain Scarlet figurines on the internet. They're not super-rare or anything, but I never saw them in shops when I was a kid.

Last edited by babycyclops; Jun 1, '12, 9:42 AM.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I had a little robot guy from a Kinder egg WAY back when. He got played with to death, and I"ve been looking for another since. For the longest time I'd only seen one pic:

I saw an ebay auction last year that had three of 'em, but it was a huge vintage lot and I was quickly outbid.

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
                  I saw a Popy Jumbo Machinder Garada K-7 only once (but not for sale), at the Bandai Museum in Japan. I think there are only three confirmed specimens in existence. The other two are in private collections, and at least one of those collectors keeps his in a bank safe deposit box. I think this guy qualifies as "insanely rare". It's existence wasn't even confirmed until around 10 years ago.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~ephemera_japan/DSC00895.JPG
                  wow!!
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    I saw a Popy Jumbo Machinder Garada K-7 only once (but not for sale), at the Bandai Museum in Japan.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~ephemera_japan/DSC00895.JPG
                    Dude... "I. Can't. Even." when it comes to this stuff: Skullbrain thread

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎