X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Repro Land Adventurer Review

Trying to catch up on some Adventure Team reviews. Today over at the HQ, we're taking a look at the repro Land Adventurer that was released at Hot Topic and then again in the Walmart releases. While this isn't exactly a "classic" toy, it's a remake of one. And it's a few years old now itself, so I stuck it in here. Hope that's okay!

Fun, excitement and ADVENTURE is ahead!

We got the full breakdown and plenty of photos and such over a the usual. Thanks for reading if you do!

Infinite Hollywood: Reproduction Land Adventurer Review
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

I always loved these guys even the repro figures, they are just a bit different to make them a whole different character.
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I really enjoy your website. It's a favorite of mine.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Thanks guys, glad someone enjoys it!

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I love the Adventure Team, and collected all the repros from this series, as well as a couple of special editions. They are a lot like the originals in most aspects. My pet peeve was the Kung-Fu grip. It just wasn't as pliable as the original. But I guess that will make them last longer.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i liked the WalMart versions. never even knew Hot Topic had one. now i will have to hunt that down. have all the WalMart versions in my Joe display case right along side the vintage ones.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

I found the Wallymart versions on a visit years ago. I grabbed the Sea Adventurer and added him to my groceries. When I got home. I readied myself to relive a Christmas moment from the seventy's. I opened the box and noted that the plastic of the head was a darker color than the body. Unlike the classic AT Joe that had a uniformity of skin tone. This made the head look misplaced on a body that was noticeably lighter. It was nice to have almost the same Joe I had years ago box and all. But the irregularity in production quality was a let down. Later I purchased the others, but the Sea Adventurer was my Joe. Nice review OD. Totally enjoyable.
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i had found them all at WM when they were released, it was a huge surprise because i did not even know they were being done so i grabbed them all up. i mean even the price was outstanding, $10.00 a piece

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎