Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

One week to Mego Meet - I hope to see you in Wheeling, WV on June 1st and 2nd

In case you've been living in a cave, or just recently joined ,,,

ONE WEEK UNTIL MEGOMEET 2007

This year is shaping up to be another great one.

If you are within driving distance (or even flying distance), I highly recommend you make the trip. The culmination of another year's worth of Dave McCormick busting his butt to make sure all the pieces are in place for another stellar event.
    • An Amazing Dealer Room, with more Mego and Custom fodder found in one location since, well, last years Mego Meet.
    • A Great Lineup of Guest Speakers and Panels
    • The Incredible generousity of the people who donated loads of Mego and miscellaneous goodness for the Museum Benefit Raffle
    • The Donations of, and Chances to Win Awesome Custom Figures for the Benefit Auction
    • Not One, but TWO Brand New Mego Museum Trading Cards, created by our very own Creator and Artistic Muse of the Museum
    • Jaw Dropping displays of Mego and Custom figures put on display from the collections of our very own members
    • Complimentary Access to the Vast and Superb collection of Vintage Toys and Trains collected by our gracious hosts, the Kruger Street Toy and Train Museum
    and my favorite part of all...
    • The fellowship of meeting and hanging out with all of the good people in the Mego community. Good conversation, edible food, cold beers, and 2 straight days of smiles and laughter.
    If you are on the fence about going, or you suddenly realize you don't have any plans next weekend, take the plunge. Tell the significant other that this is one opportunity you just don't want to pass up. Invite her or him along if that helps, but take next Friday off if you can, or get up really early Saturday morning, hop in the car or catch a quick flight. Trust those of us who have gone before, several of us multiple times, it WILL be worth it.

As you already know as a member of the Mego Museum, this hobby is much more than plastic parts, rotocast heads, removeable outfits and cool packaging. Its as much about sharing the memories and joy these toys bring us, with people who understand the thrill of opening that latest package full of Mego goodness.

Hopefully, this great tradition will continue for years to come, but there are no guarantees in life. If you asked us in NY 4 years ago if we could imagine ourselves doing it again in a year, in West Virginia no less, very few of us would have thought it possible. I get that feeling every year, so I keep flying across the country just in case. I know some people have driven or flown longer than the time they spent at these events for the same reason.

We will raise a glass and toast to all of the people who can't make it, wishing you all could be there with us. Hopefully you can be one of the people raising their glasses with us.

See you there, in person or in spirit. Here's to another great event!

• Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

This event's real purpose is the social gathering. Yeah, it's cool to be able to buy at dealer tables. It's cool to sit in on sessions, and it's cool to look over displays. But with each an every one of these events from MegoCon in 2004, to the past couple Megomeet's, there is ONE thing that people really talk about, and that's hooking up face to face with each other. That's why we end up staying up most of the night just hanging out. No one is ready for it to end.

That's why we keep doing it. That's where the real fun is.

If you're on the fence, just decide to go. You wont regret it.

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

I can't wait and hope it's not the only one I get to attend. My company's inventory is June 1st and I'm escaping through two technicalities. One was my vacation time was approved well in advance and more importantly due to an E-mail list not being updated, I never got the original E-mail stating when the inventory would be. I only found out because it was finally forwarded to me recently. While they aren't thrilled, nobody has tried to force me into it since they are too much in the wrong.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

It's something I really try hard not to miss, despite the five hour drive, it's a terrific chance to be in your element so to speak, a whole room of people who "get it". I go for that alone.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• dumbldor
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 9, 2002

MegoGeek and I will be driving 8 hours each way from Chicago to join in. Can't wait!!!

Comment

• Sowth
            Career Member
            • Mar 14, 2006

Man I'd love to be there to meet up with some of you guys, just impossible at the moment.

I was planning to try and do a double and make Celebration 4 (Star Wars) too this year but no luck unfortunately, the reports from there are starting to filter out and it sounds like the old school guys are having a good time already, more beer than toys though! The way it should be

I just bought some tickets for the MM07 raffle though so I'll be there in the barrel all day, stick your head in and say hi won't ya

To all you non-attendees like me make sure you buy some raffle tickets or place a proxy bid in the auction, you're supporting a great place and the prizes are incredible!

Cheers,
            Will
            Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• Merlyn1976
              Fist of Khonshu
              • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by starbuk
              Mego-Suite is the place to meet !
              A gathering of Friends that can't be beat.
              Be sure and try to get to Wheeling,
              Mego goodies Berto will be dealing.
              Last year we were graced by Huckabone
              Get Thee to Wheeling or sit Home alone!
              "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Flynne
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 22, 2003

I should be arriving at Kruger Street exactly 7 days from right now, and I can't wait.

For those who are on the fence about attending - you will kick yourself if you don't go. This only happens once a year, and if Buk can quip rhapsodic about it you know it's powerful! I can personally attest that it is more than worth even a 15 1/2 drive one-way to get there. Go! We are :D
                An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• mitchedwards
                  Mego Preservation Society
                  • May 2, 2003

I was really really hoping to make Mego Meet this year. I was gonna be there this year, but I had a family commitment pop up.

As I have said before, perhaps next year.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Evel KMego
                    Museum Daredevil
                    • Apr 26, 2006

[QUOTELast year we were graced by Huckabone Get Thee to Wheeling or sit Home alone!
                    [/QUOTE]

Anyone know if Mark is planning on attending this year?

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Guys, I wont be attending .......
                      I'd love to, but I cannot this year :(

But i'd really appreciate it if somebody can get me some of the exclusive Mego Museum cards that's going to premier at Mego Meet.

Thanks

M

Comment

• Kevy247
                        Gotham City Tourism Board
                        • May 15, 2003

Really wish I could go this year, but no time off till later in summer. Oh well, there's always next year. Hope it's a blast for all! Am anxious to see what 2 new MM cards were created for the big event

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

I can't wait. After last year's bitter disappointment at not being able to go at the last minute, I'm super psyched.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎