X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Help Identify This Old Batman Toy

I use the term "toy" loosely here as this is more of a doll from the 50's or 60's in a Batman costume. I picked this up at a flea market today. I'd like to sell it but have no idea what it is or a value so if anyone knows anything about it let me know. This thing gives me the creeps but I didn't want to pass on it just in case and the price was right ($1). The pictures not that great cause I won't bring it in the house (I hate dolls like this) so I left it in the car and took it on my phone but here it is...
    Last edited by spacecaps; May 18, '12, 4:02 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Can't say I know the toy, but the fact that it scares you to the point it can't come into the house is priceless.Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

looks like a homemade outfit to me
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Super Babies by Furga, I'm guessing. I remember seeing some in ads in comics back in the late 70s-early 80s, but those were different ones, shown here.
        Last edited by torgospizza; May 18, '12, 5:44 PM.

Comment

• spacecaps
          Second Mouse
          • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by torgospizza
          Super Babies by Furga, I'm guessing. I remember seeing some in ads in comics back in the late 70s-early 80s, but those were different ones, shown here.
          Thats not what this is. Close but this doll is much older than the 70's. It could be a home made job. If thats the case it's going in the dump instead of on ebay! I figured if anyone was gonna know, it be here.
          "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

It looks homemade, but there were a lot of knock-off Batman dolls made in the 60s heyday (and the 70s, for that matter). It's not the Furga babies, but is similar.

I think some mom made it for her Bat-fanatic child, but that's just me.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Is it just me? Does the bat symbol on the shirt look like the 1939 movie serial?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎