X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

KISS Sonic Boom figures (Sneak Peek)

Here's a shot of Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer in they're 12 inch forms. I was expecting something a little better than this, but their okay. The outfits, especially Tommy's, look a little cheap. Normally I could bypass that thought with the prototype argument, but their first photos from series one pretty much lined up with what you got in production, so I don't see that changing here.

• rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

they look pretty spot on as updates to the style Mego used to make the costumes from the vintage release. There were plenty of, um, adjustments made to the Love Gun era duds that the Megos wore.

Hopefully we get a closer pic of the head sculpts. Every time I see that Tommy as Spaceman pic they used on the packaging, I think it is a pic of Joe Perry.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

yea, kinda hard to tell from the pic, but clearly staying in line with vintage Mego.
      I miss their name being excluded from the packaging...no Gene Simmons as The Demon....no Peter Criss as The Catman...no Eric Singer as The Catman...

must be some rights issue baloney.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

I think the sculpts are fine. they just haven't figured out how to root hair yet.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I'm not digging the Sonic Boom outfits (but I don't like the way the real outfits look, it's not really Figures inc's fault), but the '73 Paul Stanley in the back looks awesome! I can't wait to see the other ones!
          Last edited by CrimsonGhost; May 17, '12, 7:11 PM.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

I like Eric's sculpt, his outfit is OK. Need to see a better angle on Tommy's sculpt though, his outfit is downright sloppy (to say the least).

I agree w/you boss...they really need to improve that hair.

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

They look fine to me but I'm a poser KISS fan. I'm holding out for the 8" versions of Sonic Boom.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                I think the sculpts are fine. they just haven't figured out how to root hair yet.
                agreed. That was the biggest difference with the repro 1st wave. The hairline is pretty far up on the forehead. Made the Ace sculpt look completely different.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎